Eurodiet

I'm going to the one in Galway btw!

How have you been getting on since?? xxx

How have you been getting on since?? xxx
Sorry haven't logged on in a while. Last Thurs was Week 7, lost another 2.5lbs, total being 28lbs BUT siginificently slower than the plan promises. They want to reduce the carbs more and for me to exercise everyday. At the beginning I was told that because the 1st plan was so restrictive and low calorie, exercise was unnecessary - now they're moving the goal-posts! My 12 weeks expire in just over 2 more weeks, so perhaps I'll try something else. I'm totally delighted that I have lost the 2 stone, but I feel they are not interested in finding out why I'm not reaching the 'ketosis' stage nor why losses are so slow :( - yes, I think it's time to try a different and *cheaper* route.
What about you, how are you doing and what ydo you think of the plan?
Cheers, Marian x

If you're only in week 8 now don't you have 4 more sessions? A stone a month is the general rule xxx

Well if you've managed to stick to the plan - and it being so strict - any other diet should be a doddle for you now! I don't really know if I'm in ketosis or not. Hunger isn't a problem anymore really. I lost 11 pounds in the 1st week. I haven't lost any weight since... Worrying but I'm trying not to get disheartened until my 2nd week is up on Friday. I've my appointment at the clinic tomorrow. I find them quite dismissive of any concerns/queries. I met someone who has been doing phase 1 since October and she's only lost 3.5 stone since then so I think they definitely "inflate" the expected weight loss. She's only now moving towards replacing one of the products with meat.... I dunno...

Just checked there - their website says 3-5lbs per week on the vlcd but the page of info they gave me says 2.5lbs per week. Everywhere online says a proper VLCD should yield 3-5lbs loss per week. Hmmm... I'm gonna question this tomorrow at the clinic.

Was sort of fobbed off at the clinic. I was told I couldn't really expect more than 2-3 pounds weight loss while on the VLCD. Wonder why it appears on their website then as 3-5lbs...

Was sort of fobbed off at the clinic. I was told I couldn't really expect more than 2-3 pounds weight loss while on the VLCD. Wonder why it appears on their website then as 3-5lbs...

Sorry to hear your clinic sucks :( I read on Nat's page... I feel really bad for you!! You are paying decent money for this and they seem not to know what the heck they're doing... VLCD can affect us on a lot of levels, I know it makes me feel very depressed, emotional, snappy and a little lethargic...

Thing is - you might be unlucky and lose 2lb per week - just like me. I'm on Slim & Save, I have 700 calories per day or so, but my losses are the same. 1-2 lb per week without fail. First few weeks were 3's, but that was purely luck! :( I'm sorry to day - VLCD's aren't always going to deliver what the website or sale's representative promises. Some people do lose 1 stone per month... and some people lose just half a stone. I think it's genetic as to how much our bodies like to cling on to energy...

There's a lovely lady on the S&S forum - who lost a lot 1st week and then nothing for 3 weeks and BOOM 10lb all at once. Stay strong. It WILL come off. We just can't make our bodies do what we'd like.

x

Thanks luv xxx Nat and you have made me feel so much better xxx I'm gonna write off tonight's upset and start tomorrow fresh - and include a nice long walk to clear the head!

Thanks luv xxx Nat and you have made me feel so much better xxx I'm gonna write off tonight's upset and start tomorrow fresh - and include a nice long walk to clear the head!

Aww bless you :hug99: I really hope you feel better soon. Just don't give up, there were so many times when I lost just 1lb for weeks and felt like giving up... but eventually the weight does come off. You have a lovely support network here - screw them doctors!! What do they know ;)

I miss my long walks - great exercise and awesome for having a really good think about things. Enjoy.

xx

So sorry I haven't been on for a while. Please hang in there, once you're sticking to the plan it WILL reduce. Last Thurs was my 10th visit and is was Week No. 8. My 2nd visit was about 4 days after 1st and then similar the next week. Although I stuck to the plan 100% - my body never got to the 'ketosis' stage. I'm going to pm you my email address and that way we can keep in touch more regularly.
Remember, you WILL get there :winner:

Just wanted to ask - why does your body never go into ketosis moideux? Just out of curiosity :)
Have absolutely no idea and neither does the nutritionalist!! - One possibility tho' is that I'm on medication which most likely will slow down my metabolism. Interestingly enough the eurodiet.co.uk site says people on particular meds are not suitable for Plan A or B (which are the ketosis plans) whereas the nutritionalist at the clinic I attend, refutes this and says it's not true :confused: :confused:.
I have 2 more visits left and then have to decide if I sign up for another 12 weeks. It's a very tough decision - it is outrageously expensive but I have managed to lost 33.5lbs in 8 weeks which is staggering for me. Incidentally I have battled with severy obesity since I was aged 10. It really seems to be my metabolism, I actually lost 2.5 stone on each of my 3 pregnancies and then regained it almost immediately. Did get the usual tests done, but apparently I'm 'normal' whatever that is lol!
So how are you managing, you have lost an amazing amount of weight :)

I suppose it depends on the type of medication... Though - consult your doctor as they're the medically trained professional :p
The tablet may very well be sugar-coated, though I really don't think it'd be enough to throw you off balance. Either way, it's not just ketosis that makes you lose weight, it's also the calorie deficit - so I personally don't worry about the "ketosis" state too much.

The loss I had since 18st 7 - is the original weight I was in 2008. I've regained to my original loss up to 15st 8 - so I re-started from this weight in January. I guess my small victory is not regaining ALL of the weight, but it's way too close for comfort... My losses this time around have been really slow as you can see in my signature :( No idea why - I'm 100% - eating between 650-750 calories per day. I've always been a very slow loser, but I have to say, I don't remember it being this slow ... >.<

Either way - well done on your AMAZING 33 lb in 8 weeks!! Very impressive. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm sticking with it alright! I was away from the laptop for a few days but I've not fallen off the wagon. If I was cheating I wouldn't be so annoyed by the lack of loss lately - but I'm not!

I'm gonna give this 600 cal the full 6 weeks. Then review the sit for the remaining 6 weeks of the time I've paid up to with the clinic. I wish I could have a glass of wine at the weekends!!!

Hi

Just noticed your thread and would you believe I am also from Wickow and attending Orsmond! Loughlinstown.. Ive just finished week 3 and have lost 19lbs so far! Your doing very well are you finding it difficult at all?

I suppose it depends on the type of medication... Though - consult your doctor as they're the medically trained professional :p
The tablet may very well be sugar-coated, though I really don't think it'd be enough to throw you off balance. Either way, it's not just ketosis that makes you lose weight, it's also the calorie deficit - so I personally don't worry about the "ketosis" state too much.

The loss I had since 18st 7 - is the original weight I was in 2008. I've regained to my original loss up to 15st 8 - so I re-started from this weight in January. I guess my small victory is not regaining ALL of the weight, but it's way too close for comfort... My losses this time around have been really slow as you can see in my signature :( No idea why - I'm 100% - eating between 650-750 calories per day. I've always been a very slow loser, but I have to say, I don't remember it being this slow ... >.<

Either way - well done on your AMAZING 33 lb in 8 weeks!! Very impressive. :)
Hiya from what I've heard, the ketosis is 'key' to the weight loss when on such low calories. Without this stage, the metabolism slows right down. At the very beginning I was told that on Plan A I would not have to do any exercise because firstly the calorie intake was so low BUT especially as I am so heavily overweight :eek:
Maybe if you could just try a little walking, anything to push the metabolism a little. Hang in there, you're losing, even if it's more slowly than you'd like, IT IS going down :)

Hi

Just noticed your thread and would you believe I am also from Wickow and attending Orsmond! Loughlinstown.. Ive just finished week 3 and have lost 19lbs so far! Your doing very well are you finding it difficult at all?

:wavey: great to hear from you! Wow 19lbs in 3 weeks - that's amazing, fantastic :):)
My losses did not in any way reflect the expected rate i.e. I dropped 17lbs in 3 weeks, then 2.5lbs, 3lbs, 3lbs 2.4lbs, 2.6lbs and finally last week 5.5lbs. Have appt in the morning (day earlier than last week), so it will be interesting to see what happens on the scales. Last week I was told that I could expect at least 4lbs every week now - which is absolute *Rubbish* I know it's because I only have another week left and they're trying to encourage me to sign up for another 12 visits. It is just so expensive, that I really don't know what to do. I don't particularly feel they are fully interested in me as a person, it is a business of course.
So how are you getting on, do you find it ok? Again, well done on your achievement so far :p:D

Hey guys,

I'm sticking with it alright! I was away from the laptop for a few days but I've not fallen off the wagon. If I was cheating I wouldn't be so annoyed by the lack of loss lately - but I'm not!

I'm gonna give this 600 cal the full 6 weeks. Then review the sit for the remaining 6 weeks of the time I've paid up to with the clinic. I wish I could have a glass of wine at the weekends!!!
Hi Periwinkle how many weeks have you done and what losses have you had? Are you still finding them 'fobbing you off' ?? - If I was you, I would stress that you are following the plan 100% and ask them why their programme is not working - bounce it back to them. Regarding the wine, I just so know that feeling - it will pass in time. It's almost 9 weeks since I had a glass and I've survived lol! But to be serious, the wine IS NOT WORTH IT - you've worked to hard with this plan to ruin it with a glass of wine. Remember, once you've had that 1st glass, the 2nd and 3rd will be much harder to fight and much easier to excuse and before you know it, you're not actually doing the plan properly. You're doing BRILLIANTLY, so just keep on doing what you're doing xxx

Hi Periwinkle how many weeks have you done and what losses have you had? Are you still finding them 'fobbing you off' ?? - If I was you, I would stress that you are following the plan 100% and ask them why their programme is not working - bounce it back to them. Regarding the wine, I just so know that feeling - it will pass in time. It's almost 9 weeks since I had a glass and I've survived lol! But to be serious, the wine IS NOT WORTH IT - you've worked to hard with this plan to ruin it with a glass of wine. Remember, once you've had that 1st glass, the 2nd and 3rd will be much harder to fight and much easier to excuse and before you know it, you're not actually doing the plan properly. You're doing BRILLIANTLY, so just keep on doing what you're doing xxx

I started on Friday 15th Feb but the clinic weighed me on the following Wednesday - I'd lost 7 pounds at that stage. I weighed myself on the Friday (I was curious as it was the one week mark) and I'd lost another 4 pounds so 11 pounds in total 13 stone 1 pound. When I presented at the clinic the next Wednesday (27th) I was still 13 stone 1 pound. I told her I hadn't lost anything since Friday but she said she had no proof of that and she found it hard to believe so couldn't comment on that. Basically because according to her records in "week one I lost 7 pounds" and in "week two I lost 4 pounds". By Friday at the 2 week mark I still hadn't lost anything. Sorry it's awkward to explain without a calender! This friday will mark 3 weeks :) I'm getting weighed at the clinic again tomorrow.

Well really hope your weigh-in goes well :) - keep updating how your doing and best of luck :)

Back