even more confused and lots of questions

duncan

Silver Member
i think im reading too much about it now,i could be confusing myself.
it takes 3/4 days to get into ketosis and ill feel cold and have a lot of energy?????
ketosis burns the fat in your body??????
how do you come out of it????
why arent i feeling hungry and its day 2?????:confused:

Last edited:
You may be a person that goes into ketosis quickly, especially if you don't usually eat lots of carbs. I personally don't end up feeling very hungry from day 2 as well.

Ketosis is the point where it's used up all of the carbs that you've eaten and starts using glycogen stores for energy instead, so your fat.

I really wouldn't worry about ketosis too much, if you're losing weight then it's working!

You may be a person that goes into ketosis quickly, especially if you don't usually eat lots of carbs. I personally don't end up feeling very hungry from day 2 as well.

Ketosis is the point where it's used up all of the carbs that you've eaten and starts using glycogen stores for energy instead, so your fat.

I really wouldn't worry about ketosis too much, if you're losing weight then it's working!
i havnt weighed myself so i wouldnt know if ive lost,im expecting to feel crap soon:sigh:

If you're sticking to it, you will be losing I assure you. When I started last year I didn't have any side effects at all and I was fine. This time around I felt pretty sick, but that turned out to be a stomach bug. Not everyone has a really rough time getting into it so you may well just be one of the lucky ones, which I hope you are! The thing about the Cambridge Diet is that if you do and you stick to it, you will lose, you can't not. I really wouldn't worry hun, you're sticking to it so you will be losing, regardless of whether you feel hungry or not. Try not to worry so much about it and just enjoy the fact that you're not having a rough ride into it :)

If you're sticking to it, you will be losing I assure you. When I started last year I didn't have any side effects at all and I was fine. This time around I felt pretty sick, but that turned out to be a stomach bug. Not everyone has a really rough time getting into it so you may well just be one of the lucky ones, which I hope you are! The thing about the Cambridge Diet is that if you do and you stick to it, you will lose, you can't not. I really wouldn't worry hun, you're sticking to it so you will be losing, regardless of whether you feel hungry or not. Try not to worry so much about it and just enjoy the fact that you're not having a rough ride into it :)
just panicked about the chewing gum bit,thats whats made me think,im a big thinker you see and then my brain goes overtime :rolleyes:

it takes 3/4 days to get into ketosis and ill feel cold and have a lot of energy?????

Some people never feel ill when their body 'prepares' for ketosis :) Some don't get loads of energy when they are there either.

ketosis burns the fat in your body??????

Yes, but then you burn fat even if you aren't in ketosis, so I shouldn't worry about that. It is often refered to as Fat Burning Mode, which I think is misleading.

how do you come out of it????

Eat too many carbs, sometimes citric acid can do it.
why arent i feeling hungry and its day 2?????:confused:

Some people don't feel hungry even when they aren't in ketosis. Cambridge has a good % of protein which helps reduce hunger. It's also low GI, which again helps. Sometimes the hunger hits day 3 or 4. Sometimes it doesn't.

Sounds like you are doing fab :)

im gonna stop thinking about it and just get on with it

I didn't get hunger pangs or anything the first time - this time I did. (by this time I mean after having some time off for xmas). Some people get lots of energy and some get really tired - I got tired. I didn;t get the headaches some people get though - lol swings and roundabouts really.
As Caroline says - the important thing is to stick to it.

yesterday i had a soup 2 shakes 180g of tuna in water and 2 dessert spoons of cucumber
today so far ive had a shake a soup, 120g of chicken and 2 desserts of broccoli
thats right isnt it????

Yes that's right. You just need two more packs today.

Oops, sorry, one. I didn't spot that you'd had a soup today as well!

Some people never feel ill when their body 'prepares' for ketosis :) Some don't get loads of energy when they are there either.

Yes, but then you burn fat even if you aren't in ketosis, so I shouldn't worry about that. It is often refered to as Fat Burning Mode, which I think is misleading.

Eat too many carbs, sometimes citric acid can do it.

Some people don't feel hungry even when they aren't in ketosis. Cambridge has a good % of protein which helps reduce hunger. It's also low GI, which again helps. Sometimes the hunger hits day 3 or 4. Sometimes it doesn't.

Sounds like you are doing fab :)
am i being a bit thick here, if i dont get a rough ride into ketosis how will i know im in it,do i have to use those stik things

yesterday i had a soup 2 shakes 180g of tuna in water and 2 dessert spoons of cucumber
today so far ive had a shake a soup, 120g of chicken and 2 desserts of broccoli
thats right isnt it????

Change the dessert spoon for a tablespoon:) Wayhay! One more slice of cucumber :clap: :D

am i being a bit thick here, if i dont get a rough ride into ketosis how will i know im in it,do i have to use those stik things

nah...don't bother with the stixs. Why do you feel you need to know whether you are in it or not?

nah...don't bother with the stixs. Why do you feel you need to know whether you are in it or not?
theres no real reason,just the wanting to know bit, suppose i can then say im in ketosis, ill give it 4 weeks ill definitely be in it then:D

Hi,

I have always used ketostix for me there must be some kind of psychological reason. I dont believe I am in ketosis until I have seen the ketostix change and even then I will keep checking on a regular basis (even though I have stuck to diet 100%)- its just the way i am. I think that everyone is different and for me - my first goal was to get to ketosis and I needed evidence of that. Its the same as when I lose weight I can see on the scales that the numbers have gone down but i dont really believe it until my trousers are too big.

Well I've made myself sound completely deluded - I am normal (most of the time!)
I think everyone is different and if you feel you would benefit from testing so you have your proof then do it. I bought my ketostix from boots they werent very expensive.

Good luck with your diet how are feeling now?

Back