Evening munchies

wafflewaffle

Gold Member
Hi can anyone give me any ideas? I am calorie counting using mfp and I have realised that everyday I do really good in the day time but then when I put my daughter to bed at 7pm between then and bedtime I'm always starving and end up over eating, sometimes big meals but usually it's snacking after my meal... Just can't seem to stop I always feel starving after a day running around after my daughter/trying to do the housework and keep the dog under control... I also kind of think in my mind I think I deserve a great of something nice like chocolate after a hard day, I've tried just having a little small thing like chomps, milk way etc but it just makes me want more than one haha.
Urgh feeling like a pig

I know the feeling, I find the evenings hardest!

I've been weighing out olives and pickles haha, sounds odd but pickles do seem to help curb the sweet tooth!

What about popcorn? Low calorie and tasty. Sweet and salted is yum x

I must admit I get round it by not having my main meal until 10pm - that way I can just have a small snack in the evening knowing my dinner is still to come, lol. :)

How about almonds? I used to measure out 100 cals worth of them to snack on. Also Options hot choc sachets are great for helping you feel like you've had a chocolate fix, and having a drink will often assuage hunger pangs too. Alpen Light bars with a coffee are another favourite, or Eat Natural bars if you have a few more calories to play with. Low fat rice pudding is another good one, I found - those little pots of Ambrosia ones. :) xx

Brill advice thanks guys, I like the idea of having dinner at 10pm lol! I don't think I could go to bed on a full stomach though how do you find that? X

Brill advice thanks guys, I like the idea of having dinner at 10pm lol! I don't think I could go to bed on a full stomach though how do you find that? X

I find it absolutely fine, to be honest! It really suits me, and I'm half the weight I started at, so it seems to work, lol. :D xx

I find it absolutely fine, to be honest! It really suits me, and I'm half the weight I started at, so it seems to work, lol. :D xx

Haha that is very true, do you keep a diary on here? X

I'm the same.

I find that if I eat late I don't snack afterwards, but I definitely guilty of having meals that are too big, so I've dusted off my scales since I started yesterday.

Good luck.

Popcorn is great. Kiplong's french fancies are only 106 cals each so feel a bit naughty with a cuppa!

Or (bear with me, it sounds weird!) chop up some cauliflower and roast it with cumin seeds and chilli flakes - it's a low cal savoury hit

I get a graze box each week and that helps me as there are portions weighed for me. They also say how many calories there are and there is loads of different things to choose from.

If you want a free box I have a code - 22GJFH6QP

I always complete mfp after dinner because I hate going back in and adding things! ! I find hot drinks such as peppermint tea stop me from snacking, I always have a couple of tubs of fruit salad in the fridge which are about 100 calories and help with a sweet crave if I can't resist!

If I must eat at night, I started getting into cheap tuna.. An 80g can is 66kcal.. not very filling tho so mixed with onions, lettuce, tomato, definitely chili, whatever I have really.. its like a little edition that makes a salad less salad and more a nice healthy mini meal. For like 100kcal.

Definitely would like to see more of these ideas too!

If I must eat at night, I started getting into cheap tuna.. An 80g can is 66kcal.. not very filling tho so mixed with onions, lettuce, tomato, definitely chili, whatever I have really.. its like a little edition that makes a salad less salad and more a nice healthy mini meal. For like 100kcal. Definitely would like to see more of these ideas too!

Prawn salad too is under 100 using craft light thousand island dressing .

Mushrooms mixed with blue cheese triangle on one piece of crusts away bread 100

Two crackerbread baby bell light tiny bit of butter and a pickle 100

Tin of kids spaghetti 100

Take stalks off some bigish mushrooms blue cheese triangle spread on top with some bread crumbs then baked 100

Weight watchers soups under 100

One egg and one egg white with a few mushrooms omlette just over 100

Hi I'm new here so just having a browse of the boards and I love the ideas in this thread! They are great and I am definitely going to remember them

I try to avoid snacking on chocolate because I find it so hard to stop at the recommended amount and it just makes me even more peckish. :(
I keep low-fat yoghurts in the fridge which are under 100 calories - I find that they're sweet and filling after just one. This is probably going to sound really disgusting but I sometimes also get a few breadsticks (20 cal. each) and dip them in a yoghurt.
I also sometimes make my own little fruit salad or have a little bit of frozen yoghurt.

I also keep low calorie packets of crisps in my cupboard - like wotsits or pom bears. :)

Back