Everyone's Slimming World Journey so far... :)

Rosie134

Hey, I have been going to Slimming World for eight weeks now and I have lost a whopping 1st7lbs, which I hear is really good. I haven't had a gain yet and I lose approximately 2.5lb per week. I am also not finding it very difficult. Is there a point where people find that it gets harder? As I have a lot to lose. How is everyone else's journey going? :D

Oh wow that's excellent! I joined for the third & final time yesterday & have got 1.5stone to use, wish I could loose it in 8 weeks, that won't happen for me tho lol.
Glad you're not finding it difficult! From past experience I've struggled when I've got near my target as the weight looses seemed to really slow down for me x

Getting near to target your weight losses do tend to slow down, they did for me but I plodded on and got to target, and am staying there nicely now for 20 months, and was voted diamond winner of 2013 in my group! :) :) :)

You're doing great so far, my journey's been much more up and down and all around! :D

I tend to have a few weeks of good losses and then will plateau or get very small losses for a few weeks, and then the half decent losses start up again, but typically I lose between 0.5lbs and 1.5lbs a week. 2lb+ is very rare for me!

x

I'm doing it online and i joined 2 Saturdays ago. So far i've lost 6lb, this week has been difficult as my dad is in hospital so every other day i've been going up there. From Monday, i shall be back on EE properly.

I've been doing Slimming World for about 4 weeks and have lost 8.5lbs!
Couldn't be happier and cannot believe how easy it is :)

Never believed in all those slimming clubs but damn slimming world is the bomb! :D

I'm only in week 3, but I am loving it and don't think I will fall off wagon to be honest. It's just so easy not to for me. I'm not a big sweet person I jut made so many bad choices and a coke a cola addiction lol which I haven't had any in 4 weeks.

I've lost 10ls in 2 weeks xx

Hey, I have been going to Slimming World for eight weeks now and I have lost a whopping 1st7lbs, which I hear is really good. I haven't had a gain yet and I lose approximately 2.5lb per week. I am also not finding it very difficult. Is there a point where people find that it gets harder? As I have a lot to lose. How is everyone else's journey going? :D

Hi Rosie, i started out a similar BMI to you, and like you it all fell off me fairly easily. I used the continual success to keep me motivated and on plan. The closer you get to to target the harder it gets, once i crossed bmi of 28, it became a lot tougher.

Well done! I joined exactly 3 months ago to the day lol I am 1lb away from being 3 stone lighter. I wouldnt say it's been hard but it has been challenging. For me its all down to mind management and getting my head in the right place. If I keep thinking I am going to fail, I do... then I eat chocolate. Now Im learning to think more positively and remember that losing 10 stone isnt going to happen over night and sticking to plan 100% is only the only real key anyone needs. I am losing on average 3 lbs a week atm, some weeks its 5 or 6 but I know once Ive lost another 2 stone those losses will slow right down. I try to stay to group every week to get lots of tips and a fresh look at the whole idea of eating healthy and as the weeks go by the urge to carry on and reach target gets stronger and stronger. I love reading other peoples stats too. Especially those of similar weight to me. Its so inspiring and good motivation. Sorry rambling here! In a nutshell, yes its going blooming great.. :) Long may it continue xx

I had quite a quick start, too- although my weight loss wasn't as rapid as yours! I lost the first 5 stone in 10 months and the last 3 stone has taken a year to come off. But who cares! I got there in the end :D

well ive been doing slimming world 18 weeks and i have lost 3 stone 3.5 lb.
i must say i am delighted with that. I go on holiday in 9 weeks and in a ideal world i would love to loose another 17.5lb which works out around 2lb per week so fingers crossed i can do that :)

Well done! I joined exactly 3 months ago to the day lol I am 1lb away from being 3 stone lighter. I wouldnt say it's been hard but it has been challenging. For me its all down to mind management and getting my head in the right place. If I keep thinking I am going to fail, I do... then I eat chocolate. Now Im learning to think more positively and remember that losing 10 stone isnt going to happen over night and sticking to plan 100% is only the only real key anyone needs. I am losing on average 3 lbs a week atm, some weeks its 5 or 6 but I know once Ive lost another 2 stone those losses will slow right down. I try to stay to group every week to get lots of tips and a fresh look at the whole idea of eating healthy and as the weeks go by the urge to carry on and reach target gets stronger and stronger. I love reading other peoples stats too. Especially those of similar weight to me. Its so inspiring and good motivation. Sorry rambling here! In a nutshell, yes its going blooming great.. :) Long may it continue xx

Thats amazing weight loss Siggy. It took me five and a half months to lose six stone. I was completely focused, once i got to that loss i did relax back a bit, but i lost another three stone in the following six months. I loved the plan, it was so dooable for me.

Like you, i loved to look through people's stats. Looking at photos of people who had lost what i had lost and then think, thats how much different i look.

It takes a long time for you mind to catch up with how different you look.

Hi Rosie, welcome and huge congratulations for your loss so far. You may find that you nearer you get to target, the harder it is to lose. Remember that as you become lighter, your BMR will go down so remember to adjust your portions sizes down accordingly. Also, as you get more energy from being lighter, you may want to start thinking about some form of exercise, which will no doubt assist your weight loss and tone up your body on your journey too. It all helps :)

Getting near to target your weight losses do tend to slow down, they did for me but I plodded on and got to target, and am staying there nicely now for 20 months, and was voted diamond winner of 2013 in my group! :) :) :)

Well done hunni xxx

Wow well done you lot...are you exercising?x

Yea i exercise, i do some gym classes during the week and sometimes ill do the 30 day shred work out in the house if i cant make any classes.

I dont really know if it makes a difference to my weight loss as i have found the weeks i dont do as much exercise and eat more i loose more, It confuses me but i will continue to do it anyway. Im also scared that i will get saggy skin so i think if i do exercise hopefully my skin wont be as bad x

I don't exercise but my job requires me to run around the stage like a nutter so every little bit of body magic helps!
I was still losing even when I'm not working so I think you will still see a loss without exercise but adding it in will help in maintaining your new healthy lifestyle :)

I started at 12st 13lbs & joined at the end of April - 22nd - & have so far lost 1st 7.5lbs! Last week I had a loss of 3.5lbs and this week I again lost 3.5lbs! On a roll.. I'm now in my ideal bmi range (according to the Wii) - but I have 1st and a half to go to reach my SW goal! Joining SW has been the best decision of my life! My partner also joined and in the same time he has lost over 2 and a half stone! :)

Wow, It's fantastic to hear how well everyone is doing :D I think hearing other people's success is the best motivation, and the best way to keep yourself on track. I don't exercise right now, I am a very lazy person if being honest but I am getting more energy with the weight loss and I will start exercising soon. I know it will start getting harder the nearer to target I am; that's what I worry about but I can't complain, at least it will still be coming off and not going on, no matter how slow it is. I also worry a lot about loose skin so I don't know what I will do if I start going a bit flabby, I suppose I will just try and maintain for a while to give the skin time to tighten and then start losing again :)

Back