EXANTE BIGGEST LOSER - weekly competition

xEeyore

I though I would create a thread for the biggest loser competition we have been talking about.

So every week (Mon-Sun) if you want to take part just post up your weekly weight loss and at the end of the week the person with the highest percentage is our exante biggest loser.

To calculate your percentage loss take your weight lost and divide it by your previous weight result then multiple by 100, and give your percentge figures to 2 decimal places heres mine as an example;

I had WI on Monday and lost 2lb, my previous weight was 193lbs.

So (2/193) x 100 = 1.04%

If you want to play just calulate your percentage loss and add to the below list.

Exante Biggest Loser - 22nd-28th Nov

xEeyore - 1.04%

Now how do first-weeker's fit into this, as everyone always loses more on their first week, so everyone else further into their progress wouldn't get a look-in?!

I did think of that and maybe we could have a first week winner and a long term winner? depends on how may people join in really

Well i'm in! I lost 6lbs, equating to a 2.6% loss from 230lbs.

xEeyore - 1.04%
Jennyonaplate - 2.61%
Doublegalaxy - 1.7%

Oh good I thinking x

Last edited:

xEeyore - 1.04%
Jennyonaplate - 2.61%
Doublegalaxy - 1.7%
fortyandfat - 2.04%

mrsblobby - 1.71%

xEeyore - 1.04%
Jennyonaplate - 2.61%
Doublegalaxy - 1.7%
fortyandfat - 2.04%

mrsblobby - 1.71%

polishrose - 2.22%

Well done everyone

I still have no scales so I will join in when I have them!

Can I join even though I'm doing LL I'm on week 4?

Loss 1.59%

This doesn't really work for people with loads to lose, as the average of 3lb a week will be a much higher percentage for those with a lower starting weight.
Yep I noticed that too-I lost 7 lbs but as I have loads to lose it only works out at 2.2%.

But its a better system than doing just pounds as those at higher weights can drop higher mounts of weight - its the system the actul biggest loser show uses, and this is a biggest loser thread so ....

But its a better system than doing just pounds as those at higher weights can drop higher mounts of weight - its the system the actul biggest loser show uses, and this is a biggest loser thread so ....
i agree, although i only have 14lbs to get to goal it is impossible for me to lose any more than 3lbs a week so i think it evens out by doing it this way :)

Maybe if loads of people take part it could be split in first week like mentioned and then split people who have been doing it a while into two groups say 200lbs and over and 199lbs and below.

I'd be happy to split the groups.Don't the biggest loser contestants all have a similar amount to lose?

Back