Exante & ramadhan..

kay80

Hi all,
Just wanted to know if anyone is on exante & likely to continue throughout ramadhan?
Ive been delaying starting cos of TOTM unwell etc i guess i really just need to get my head bk in gear, kick myself & get a lightbulb moment & restart!
But yeh would love to get sme tips to help during fasting.
:)

Hi there I know Cambridge had some advise about VLCD and Ramadan personally think this year the time is very long to fast ( in England ) and you need to get down so much food and water in I think a 5 hour period in the middle of the night it would be tough ( but doable ). Maybe start now to give yourself time to get into ketosis before fasting starts then give it a try.

There is never a right time to start . I started after a serious illness and quite soon after an operation but have been ok , it's being in the right frame of mind . Good luck with the decision !

Thanks mamakash,

Ive decided no more excuses im gna go 4 it so today is day 1 for me all over again.
Taking it one day at a time so lets c hw it goes. Im staying positive i have to this!

The best of luck to you. Maybe a stupid question, but are you not allowed to drink water during the day during ramadhan? If you are please do so otherwise you could get quite ill. You should not take all your water in a short space of time - that could be dangerous. The packs are fine you don't need to space them out as much. I'm doing all about w8 - so I would have two and then later have another two, rather than trying to spread them out over the night (you need to sleep). If exante has 4 packs like w8 you could do that easily. If you can't have water during the day I would not do a tfr during ramadhan though.

No you can't drink water during the fasting period ( unless TOTM or you are Ill etc wY when you can eat and drink) . Typically people will drink a lot during the period they can after breaking the fast and before starting again. I agree that fluffing 3 litres in one go could be dangerous hence referring her to Cambridge which I know had some guidelines on this . Maybe a query for exante x

Drinking 3 litres in 5/6 hours isn't overly excessive. I don't see how doing a TFR at this time is any harder than any other time to be honest. If you're not eating for the biggest part of the day a TFR might be even easier.

Starlight said:
Drinking 3 litres in 5/6 hours isn't overly excessive. I don't see how doing a TFR at this time is any harder than any other time to be honest. If you're not eating for the biggest part of the day a TFR might be even easier.

Yeah the actual food part is easier as you typically really don't feel hungry towards the end of the second week of fasting but most folk will serve a lot of cakes soups etc to tempt the appetite . I agree starlight re the water was just trying to give a sensitive reply so as not to upset the forum . Having fasted myself in ramadan I know we do tend to glug a lot when the opportunity arises .

Starlight .,Yeah traditionally there are lots of invites to break fast with loads of food and delicacies that only get cooked in Ramadan on offer . As a multi cultural family we have a morrocan/ Malay and middle eastern and African rellies so it's a bit of a food fest ! Originally the idea was more spiritual ( still is for some ) to experience hunger and humility .,, but here is me hijacking someone else's thread !!!

I will be doing exante though I am a bit of a naughty Muslim type so not fasting .,,, smack !

Lmao !

Naughty naughty mamakash... No fasting u rebel u!
Im gna try & stick to exante throughout ramadhan. Hopefully will b in ketosis so the hunger pangs will be easier by the time it starts. Only dwn side will be the constant night trips to the bathrm & trying to get out of iftar invites! Esp with all that lovely asian fiid in offer! But gt 2 stay focused on end result... Looking hot in my eid outfit, my anniversary & my nxt holiday which ironically is in marrakesh :))
Any tips on tops plcs 2go2??

Garfield80 said:
Lmao !

Naughty naughty mamakash... No fasting u rebel u!
Im gna try & stick to exante throughout ramadhan. Hopefully will b in ketosis so the hunger pangs will be easier by the time it starts. Only dwn side will be the constant night trips to the bathrm & trying to get out of iftar invites! Esp with all that lovely asian fiid in offer! But gt 2 stay focused on end result... Looking hot in my eid outfit, my anniversary & my nxt holiday which ironically is in marrakesh :))
Any tips on tops plcs 2go2??

Oh I know ...always was a bit rebellious ..,, I will get back into it soon ., long story ...,, !!

Oh Gosh with 3 or 4 litres of water sloshing around ... sleep .., forget it loool .,
Marrakech is fabulous ! Where are you staying ? You will have an amazing time with your hubby ...

Good luck with Ramadan .., who
Knows my guilty conscious may kick in xx

Back