Excercise?

Louisa78

Are you guys excercising too? If so what type of things are you doing and how much?

I did all the exercise I'll ever need in the Army. I'm a total couch potato now. :)

Well, I do walk a lot and I do ride my bike if the weather is nice.

Been doing some extra walking, and DH is going sort out my bike (2 punctures) so we can all go out on bike rides now the weather is nice.

I cycle to work and back 5 days a week, about 25 mins each way. Tend to go for a half hour walk at lunchtime, to the shops and back. 2-4 days a week I'll do another half hour on the cross trainer when I get home from work (or will start to do again once the blummin thing has been repaired). 2 or 3 days a week I'll also do about 20 mins light weights and various stomach crunch thingies, in front of The Daily Show. I don't tend to do much at weekends, maybe an hour or two's walk if the weather is nice.

That sounds like an awful lot, but there are many days where I don't do anything but the cycle to work. The common theme to all my exercise is that I have to get something else into the bargain - shopping, avoiding crowded buses, listening to podcasts while cross training, or watching the telly. I simply CANNOT do exercise for its own sake, so I've worked out ways to sweeten the deal and it makes it a lot easier to keep it up!

I've started back at the gym again finally, been going for the last 3wks ish. I'm doing about 30-45mins of cardio and then 20-30mins of weights to tone up and build strength in my weedy arms as i'm currently training as a special constable and have personal safety training in a few weeks! Eeek. It's been going loads easier than i thought it would but struggled whilst on 600cal doing cd so trying atkins to see if i get on any better..

I joined the Gym in the NewYear to motivate myself. Had a trainer for 6 weeks as part of the joining, didn't loose any weight at all despite going 2-3times per week and doing full work out. Did improve my fitness and strength though so that's good. Didn't find the Gym easy in the first 2 weeks of Atkins but this week is a revelation - feel really good and actually enjoyed it - I do 30mins cardiovascular [10mins on bike, crosstrainer and treadmill] then chestpress, legpress, pull downs and rows to tone. I am supposed to do abs but they are so deep down I can't be bothered just yet but I will.

Oh, forgot to say, i try to go 3-4 times a week, depending on what shifts i'm working.. Only been once so far this week tho as had an appointment with oesteopath tues so want to give it a couple days to calm down before going back. Will go back sat i think.

I walk the dog for an hour every night (he is only a mini dachs aswell, i out walk him...he is gets so knackered!)
Every mroning after the walk the night before, my muscles ache like ive done a flipping full work out

1/2 hr swim mon tues and weds morning.
hr at the gym thurs fri and sat (cardio and toning on weight machines) gym and swim only started back this wk tho!
walk to work and back, which is about 4 miles in total

I goto the gym 3 or 4 times a week, and work behind a bar in the evenings, my pedometer tells me I normally do 2.5-3 miles walking a night. xx

Back