Excess Skin question

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
Ok.. firstly I'm going to describe something so if you're drinking your shake while reading this you may wish to change thread! ;)

Ok.. being 5'3" and having been large for most of my adult life, I've got a tummy that when in jeans overflaps somewhat.. sorry too much info..

But.. at the top of my pelvic bone area I have a line that is almost like a scar.. it's not sore or anything just a clear line. But in past it has been mistaken as a scar from a c.section. This was actually by a midwife when I was having tests due to a miscarriage. I had to clearly explain a FEW times that it wasn't from a c.section as I've never had one and in the end had to explain it was from being heavy for a long period of time.

So... what I'm wondering is how can I help this scarring go away as I lose weight? Or will it go on it's own? And will my tummy ever lift enough for it to go - I'm not asking for a totally flat tummy at my age, but it looking better would be nice.

Want to aim to improve this as I lose weight so that's why I'm asking now..

Sorry if I've grossed you all out.. :ignore:

I'm not sure it would help, but have you tried Bio oil? Worth a go?

Hi
Could the mark be a stretch mark? I have some really thick ones down below which look a bit like my c section scar. Bio oil is worth a try as it stopped me from getting any more stretch marks, but if I'm totally honest my tummy looks worse when i've lost weight as it goes very baggy and wrinkled looking - but I'd rather this that I can cover up than a big fat tum which can't be disguised. Saying all this, I've got 3 kids and have had 1 section so my tum is never going to look fab unless I have a tummy tuck!
H ~

Thanks girls, I'll try bio oil, but as you say Helen, it'll be better saggy n' wrinkly than fat :) I have noticed and before when I was a couple of stone lighter than now that it didn't 'go' like most people say it will.. so guess I'm stuck with it.. magic knickers here I come! lol

Lol! I think I'll be reaching for the good old Bridget Jones's too!

Hiya

Tummies are a problem for almost all women. When you have stretchmarks on it, the skin won't bounce back as easily as stretchmark-free skin so if you lose more weight it won't become more tight by itsself.. You can put bio oil and other things on it and it may help but I really don't think that having an overflap now and still losing a relatively big amount of weight before being at goal will get you a 'non-flappy-stomach'. All this may sounds harsh and I really hope your skin pulls together, the scar disappears etc I just know that in reality the chances of all that happening are small..

I have stretchmarks everywhere from being fat, tummy too. Though my tummy isn't majorly saggy (I'm 21years old) it isn't close to being flat and doubt it will be anytime soon. I've used body scrub to remove dead skin etc etc, I feel this may have helped but we are all different so can;t be sure it did.

Sorry to not be able to give you good news..

Best of luck with your weightloss!

xxx

Thanks, it's nice to know the 'why' it doesn't go back, it makes sense really I just didn't know why my arms and legs etc tone up but not my tummy. I am working on stronger core strength but am pretty strong from riding horses, karate etc but am thinking I can always be stronger and that may lift it slightly, but will put up and shut up - with my bridget jones knickers! lol
I don't mind at my 'time of life', married and a mum etc, and I'll never aspire to be in a bikini, just to look better in a one piece. :)

well done on your weight loss! fantastic! Really hope maintenance goes well! :D

Thanks, it's nice to know the 'why' it doesn't go back, it makes sense really I just didn't know why my arms and legs etc tone up but not my tummy. I am working on stronger core strength but am pretty strong from riding horses, karate etc but am thinking I can always be stronger and that may lift it slightly, but will put up and shut up - with my bridget jones knickers! lol
I don't mind at my 'time of life', married and a mum etc, and I'll never aspire to be in a bikini, just to look better in a one piece. :)

well done on your weight loss! fantastic! Really hope maintenance goes well! :D

Hiya.

My CDC explained it to me as I didn't lose much inches off my tummy and was very frustrated about it. It's harder to lose weight there, too, but don't think that's relation to stretchmarks. As far as I saw weight seems to come off last from tummy... stupid tummys eh! :)

I'm glad she explained the stretchmark-part, made me feel less bad about my tummy hihi. I will def. be excersizig more so if it miraculously pulls tight I will let you know how but I think chances are small hihi.
Working out is good either way so what you're doing is great; it can never have ''bad'' influence on you at any rate.

Thanks for your compliments and your wish for maintenance to go well. I wish the same hahaha. :)

xxx

:) Thanks again.. my lower tummy (yes I still have a smaller top tummy) is really stubborn to lose from - always has been.. but it does 'lessen' so fingers x'd all goes well :D
You are young enough to change your life early on the weight issue.. wish I'd had a site like this at 21! :D

Back