Exercise advice

Felix

Gold Member
Hello :)

Sorry, another thread about exercise!!

So basically ive hardly done any exercise EVER and I'd like to lose and tone as much as possible in the next month but I dunno where to start.

I am so unfit and 30 Day Shred made me ache so badly I don't dare do it again in fear of not being able to move for 3 days again!

Someone help me please!! I live in a dodgy area so I can't really go walking after work outside or anything :( I don't know what to do.

I have heard that exercising on cd slows down ur weight loss! im not too sure if its true, but apparently u loose inches but the weight comes off a lot slower, im too scared to do any!

So basically ive hardly done any exercise EVER and I'd like to lose and tone as much as possible in the next month but I dunno where to start.

I am so unfit and 30 Day Shred made me ache so badly I don't dare do it again in fear of not being able to move for 3 days again!

Someone help me please!! I live in a dodgy area so I can't really go walking after work outside or anything :( I don't know what to do.

hey felix,

i have some of davina mccalls dvds. they are not just as intense as shred and theres always a beginners/low impact version of the exercises she is doing. all of here dvds are good but my fave is 'high energy 5' which has 5 different workouts for different areas of the body and she recommends doing 2 to 3 back to back 3 times a week (they are each 20 mins long).

whichever u choose chick, always remember to warm up first and to always do the cooldown as this is what eases the strain on ur muscles. and always work at ur own pace. even if u cant keep up with the dvd at the start, make it a mini goal that in ?? many days or weeks u will be able to do everything they do etc etc.

hope that helps hun. good luck xxxxx

What about when you're at work? Do you have a lunch hour/half hour? Is there someone at work who'd go for a walk with you? Or how about going for a walk before you go home from work - unless of course that's equally as dodgy an area?

Half an hour of brisk walking (and chatting :D) a day works wonders!

I love Zumba. Loads of fun! Is there a class near you? X

Do you have a bike? Or can you get to a swimming pool? Both of these are great low impact activities, which if you haven't done much exercise in some time will start you off.
Swimming is a great all rounder, do a few slow lengths and then 1 as quickly as you can. Great for cardio without putting strain on the body and it tones the muscles as well.
Riding a bicyle is the same. Do 5 minutes normal pedalling then 1 minute as fast as you can.
Hope this helps

Do you have a bike? Or can you get to a swimming pool? Both of these are great low impact activities, which if you haven't done much exercise in some time will start you off.
Swimming is a great all rounder, do a few slow lengths and then 1 as quickly as you can. Great for cardio without putting strain on the body and it tones the muscles as well.
Riding a bicyle is the same. Do 5 minutes normal pedalling then 1 minute as fast as you can.
Hope this helps

Ooh yes, I always forget swimming!

And having thought about this some more (and thought about things like Wii Fit and easier DVDs than 'the Shred' :eek:)), how about putting on your favourite upbeat music and having a fifteen minute boogie in your living room/bedroom everyday? :D

You are best with cardio alone if you want to drop as much weight as you can, weights will tone you but might slow your losses. Swimming, dancing, kickboxing, zumba, walking, jogging, skipping, aerobics. That kind of stuff :)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I am going to look up the Davina DVD's. We have a wii fit too but I get really bored using it! I think a DVD is the best option :)

I have a bike but it's locked away in my Mum & Dad's shed 40 miles away as I live in a tiny flat and can't store it here. And swimming is out of the window because I'm not very good at swimming and I'm really scared of water. Plus I wouldn't dare get in a costume in public!!!!!

Believe it or not I actually have a gym membership but it's a few miles away and I can't drive and no buses go up that way from mine. Joined and went a few times as my boyfriend also has a membership and drives but he's in his last few weeks of finishing his degree at uni so has no time to take me after work cos he's so busy! Hopefully after May I can go again.

Thanks again :)

hey you have the shred use it. just lower the intensity. instead of constant jumping jacks do every other one. slow things down a little, give yourself a break between it until you build it up. you might as well use the dvd you have rather than buy another one. just lower your intensity. do it every other day even, walk on other days.

Back