Exercise and EE

dinks90

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help or offer any advice!

Recently started SW for the 100th time.. Always lost motivation in the past then would try calorie counting using the my fitness pal app but then missed the free foods on SW and not having to weigh or measure everything.

This time around I have much more motivation as my partner and I booked a holiday for next June and I am NOT going looking like this :sigh:

Following the EE plan but this time around I am exercising which is why I am looking for help. Doing Zumba twice a week, one night boogie bounce and 2 nights walking. I hate the gym as I find it really boring, I'm not one of those people who can put their headphones in and get going. I've heard exercising can slow your weight loss as your body retains water to support your muscles. Is this true? And am I doing enough exercise? I struggle through the Zumba classes as my legs become very sore very quickly but I'm sure this will pass as my body gets used to it.

I'm just worried about exercise slowing my weight loss as I want to lose as much as possible before my holiday next year :help2:

Also make sure u drink plenty of water that will help prevent water retention.

Thanks. I find it hard to drink water as I don't really like it but I do drink it during my workouts and I have been drinking lots of diluting juice but not sure if that's just as good?

Sugar free cordial is fine

As for exercise - I've heard it can slow weight loss as in what the scales say for a short time but its really just hiding your real loss. It will sort itself out after a while. Am sure someone knowledgeable will come along as tell you the reasons etc

I do a lot of gym classes invollving weights so find it beneficial to take measurements as well as getting weighed. I can have the same measurements but be half a stone difference in weight becuase of weight training. Its disheartening to not see the scales move but get that tape measure and see the smaller inch measurements helps

Sugar free cordial is fine

As for exercise - I've heard it can slow weight loss as in what the scales say for a short time but its really just hiding your real loss. It will sort itself out after a while. Am sure someone knowledgeable will come along as tell you the reasons etc

I do a lot of gym classes invollving weights so find it beneficial to take measurements as well as getting weighed. I can have the same measurements but be half a stone difference in weight becuase of weight training. Its disheartening to not see the scales move but get that tape measure and see the smaller inch measurements helps

That sounds like a good idea, thanks! :)

It really is disheartening when you feel like you have worked so hard! I don't do any weight traning just cardio and toning which I hope will lessen my chances of having loose skin, my biggest fear :(

My losses always slow when I first start exercising, you just have to keep going because after a few weeks it starts to really speed them up. And although your losses might not be showing on the scale, you will feel a huge difference in yourself, in your clothes, your whole shape seems to change!

Exercise will be a huge part of getting to target so well done you xxxx

My losses always slow when I first start exercising, you just have to keep going because after a few weeks it starts to really speed them up. And although your losses might not be showing on the scale, you will feel a huge difference in yourself, in your clothes, your whole shape seems to change!

Exercise will be a huge part of getting to target so well done you xxxx

I'm glad I'm still losing I just want it to be quicker, always the same isn't it. I'm going to really push myself through the pain during my workouts and I look forward to feeling the burn the next day :D

Thank you for your reply though it's really made me feel better.

I have done Zumba kettle bell and metafit and everything else since about 2 month of joining I started the gym and was gaining quite a lot of weight my body was in good shape but I didn't like what it was saying on the scales so packed it in and now I just stick with Zumba and 2 nights a week my workout home dvds but I won't do anything after Wednesday's ready for weigh in on Saturday for the water attention to go

Back