Exercise bike?

Hana31

Hi everyone, I am thinking to buy bicycle but I can't decide between normal bicycle and exercise bicycle. Has anyone got both? which one do u use more? :confused:

Hi everyone, I am thinking to buy bicycle but I can't decide between normal bicycle and exercise bicycle. Has anyone got both? which one do u use more? :confused:

I have both and to be honest, I've rarely used my road bike. If you buy an exercise bike you have absolutely no excuse for not using it. I didn't even pay a lot for my exercise bike-I found a fab, nearly new one in my local charity shop. That was probably just a stroke of luck though!

wow, that was lucky. do you know what I should look for when it comes to exercise bike? or what make is good?

I was thinking exactly the same that if I get normal bike I will find lot of excusses not to use it.

Unfortunately I don't know much about exercise bikes at all-mine's pretty old and I use my Nike Sport thingy on my ipod for calculating my distance etc...Hopefully someone who knows their stuff will bob onto this thread in a bit.

We got ours from Argos, its a vfit one, it was under £100 and does the job!

Depends on your needs. I think it's easier to work up a sweat for a length of time on an exercise bike because you can control pace and resistance, whereas on a road bike I find it hard to keep my heart rate consistently high (its either off the scale if I'm going up a hill or drops right down if it's flat or I'm stopping for traffic lights etc.). I find it hard to go fast for any length of time. And its too dangerous to listen to my ipod.

That said, I love cycling outdoors, much more fun, and for a long adventure (2-4 hours) it's much better than the indoor bike.

So yes, I do have both, but I do use the exercise bike more for exercise and the outdoor bike for getting from A-B (e.g. the swimming pool!)

So it really depends on you...hope that was some help!

Had exercise bike for about 7 years - practically never used it.
Now have real bike.
Use it all the time, because it actually goes places...

I've got both and would say I use them both the same. I tend to use my real bike more in the summer when the weather is nice and my exercise bike more in the winter.
If you are only buying one then I would go for the exercise bike then you can use it all year round. My exercise bike tells me distance and calories burnt which I really like.Also if you do get one put it where you can see the tv and then instead of sitting on the sofa watching tv sit on your bike instead.

ive got a foldable pro fitness exercise bike from argos - around 90 quid. its great - can watch tv in the morning and get up a real sweat on it. tells you speed, distance, calories burnt and heart rate. has 8 resistance settings but i only use number 3 and 4 at the mo!

i think if i still lived with my parents in the country i would be tempted to get a mountain bike and ride through the woods, but as i live in a very flat city the exercise bike is fine!

ive got a foldable pro fitness exercise bike from argos - around 90 quid. its great - can watch tv in the morning and get up a real sweat on it. tells you speed, distance, calories burnt and heart rate. has 8 resistance settings but i only use number 3 and 4 at the mo!

i think if i still lived with my parents in the country i would be tempted to get a mountain bike and ride through the woods, but as i live in a very flat city the exercise bike is fine!

I've just bought that very same bike as you 5 minutes ago :):)

Back