Exercise on Slimfast

I'm really enjoying the slim fast plan, I've lost 14lbs in 3 weeks! I'm certain this is because I'm getting some exercise in to increase my calorie deficit.
I'm doing weights and then trying to walk 3-5 miles a day at a reasonably brisk pace.

I was just wandering what exercise people do on slim fast, or whether people are simply following the diet plan?

Hi I tend to do interval training,1 minute brisk walk then 1 minute run for an hour 3 times a week.You can also do this on the cross trainer.It defiantly gets you sweaty!Weights are also a good idea alternative days.Im on my second week lost 5lb first week.Good luck you are doing great so far by the sound of it.

to be honest im not really doing any exercise at the moment, but i know i do need to so will probably start today :-(

I dont do any official exercise but im a school cleaner so have a fairly physical job for 2 hours a night. Seems to be helping anyways.

I walk the dog every day - each walk is around 2.5 miles - the first mile or so is hard uphill into the forest and she is a Doberman so the pace is brisk to say the least :) I burn, on average, 275 calories per walk according to my HRM and it takes around 45 minutes. I have recently started doing Pooch 2 5k with her too (like Couch 2 5k but for doggies) and those intervals are burning closer to 300 calories per session as we are close to the Brecon Beacons and very hilly round here none of the road walking/running is on the flat.

I also do Jillian Michaels DVDs for strength and toning - 30DS, No More Trouble Zones and Extreme Shred are in the player at the moment, and boy does she work your ass! A 20 minute shred work out can burn as much as 200 calories (sadly not so much for me any more as I am much fitter now :() and the first time I did 30DS right the way through (took 35 days with rest days) I lost 12.5 inches overall and my body looks completely different now.I started off very feebly with large cans as weights, but now use 5 or 7lbs dumbells for the strength sections so I am noticeably stronger and more fit.

Even if it doesn't help much with my losses (I around 11lbs to lose now and it is getting tough!) it is well worth it for the feel good factor and also to help tone your muscles so you don't end up thin but flabby ("skinny fat" as the Yanks call it!). I would recommend everyone do a bit if you can - just as much as you can manage to start off with - and keep shifting the boundaries so you are always progressing.

I don't do any exercise coz I suffer with back pain so can't go very far but I'm hoping as I lose more weight the pain will go so I can get out walking again. Love walking but obviously being so heavy it tires me out quickly!

Annya said:
I walk the dog every day - each walk is around 2.5 miles - the first mile or so is hard uphill into the forest and she is a Doberman so the pace is brisk to say the least :) I burn, on average, 275 calories per walk according to my HRM and it takes around 45 minutes. I have recently started doing Pooch 2 5k with her too (like Couch 2 5k but for doggies) and those intervals are burning closer to 300 calories per session as we are close to the Brecon Beacons and very hilly round here none of the road walking/running is on the flat.

I also do Jillian Michaels DVDs for strength and toning - 30DS, No More Trouble Zones and Extreme Shred are in the player at the moment, and boy does she work your ass! A 20 minute shred work out can burn as much as 200 calories (sadly not so much for me any more as I am much fitter now :() and the first time I did 30DS right the way through (took 35 days with rest days) I lost 12.5 inches overall and my body looks completely different now.I started off very feebly with large cans as weights, but now use 5 or 7lbs dumbells for the strength sections so I am noticeably stronger and more fit.

Even if it doesn't help much with my losses (I around 11lbs to lose now and it is getting tough!) it is well worth it for the feel good factor and also to help tone your muscles so you don't end up thin but flabby ("skinny fat" as the Yanks call it!). I would recommend everyone do a bit if you can - just as much as you can manage to start off with - and keep shifting the boundaries so you are always progressing.

I just bought 30 day shred is it really good?? I heard u dont really lose weight u lose inches?? X

I have downloaded a workout app and I'm going to start with 5 minutes today and tomorrow then 10 mins for 3 days then 15 for 3 and so on. I know it's not much but I am rather huge and have a bad back but it's a start! I want to get used to exercising again so that it's not a shock to the system when i reach my plateau ( which is probably a year away) or sooner if I can exercise the weight off!

How soon will I see results on the scales after exercise, like a week or something?

I just bought 30 day shred is it really good?? I heard u dont really lose weight u lose inches?? X

I only lost about 5lbs during the 35 days I did the shred Lucy (but I don't have much to lose so losses are quite slow anyway), but I lost a total of 12.5 inches overall and dropped a dress size in that time. Amazing results in the toning department and well worth the pain and sweating!

I now incorporate at least one Level 2 or Level 3 day (or both if I am feeling really bada$$ ;)) into my weekly exercise regime. It helps with the strength training side of things (the more muscle you have the more calories you burn!).

Well worth it, but I would say watch your knees. I have already had surgeries on both on my knees and some of the Level 3 moves I have to do the easier way as my knees just scream :eek: I wear knee supports when I do the workout and adapt any moves that my knees just say NO WAY too!

I have downloaded a workout app and I'm going to start with 5 minutes today and tomorrow then 10 mins for 3 days then 15 for 3 and so on. I know it's not much but I am rather huge and have a bad back but it's a start! I want to get used to exercising again so that it's not a shock to the system when i reach my plateau ( which is probably a year away) or sooner if I can exercise the weight off!

As I said on MFP any exercise is better than none at all (that includes kitten chasing ;)). The more you do, the easier it will get, but just pace yourslef and take a rest day if everything aches too much. Well done you for committing to start as you mean to go on :D You will find as you get into it you will enjoy it more and want to push yourself harder - your size will limit what you can do, but don't let you mind.... you would be surprised what you are capable of!

How soon will I see results on the scales after exercise, like a week or something?

You should start to see results pretty much straight away - one of the few advantages of being heavy is that you will burn far more calories than someone say my size doing the same thing so you drop the weight much quicker - a great boost!

Good luck and if you need support or encouragement, just holler.............. you CAN do this :winner:

:asskick::asskick:

I don't do any exercise coz I suffer with back pain so can't go very far but I'm hoping as I lose more weight the pain will go so I can get out walking again. Love walking but obviously being so heavy it tires me out quickly!

Both the back pain and the fatigue will improve massively as your weight comes down - keep up the good work :D

My mother inlaw suffered terrible with back and knees after loosing 2 stone she started swimming for half hour 4 times a week, she says she now feels amazing and has halved her intake of pain killers.
It's made such a difference to her every day life x

mcv said:
My mother inlaw suffered terrible with back and knees after loosing 2 stone she started swimming for half hour 4 times a week, she says she now feels amazing and has halved her intake of pain killers.
It's made such a difference to her every day life x

That's to good to hear :) guess my back is hurting from all the pressure my weight puts on it!

Hi
Im a SF newbie but my exercise includes swimming two to three times a week.
And I do home workouts such as the wii fit, ea sports active and exercise dvds.
If the weather is not bad i also go for walks on my lunch break at work xxx

Back