Exercise.... what do you do?

2012willdoit

2016 Fitness/Fatness Status Changes
I have a secret... I used to be a fitness instructor :eek:

I know, put up there with traffic wardens and dentists :D

But long ago I stopped being able to exercise properly. Now though I am getting back into it, very slowly. I should, I have so much kit hiding around the house! I wondered what you all do to fit in with the UD DD eating? I have a habit of throwing myself into too much at once and stopping cos it hurts or sets off the CFS and I sleep for a week.

I am soooooooooooooooooooo very unfit I can't even complete the first week of the C25K (working on it!). Any and all suggestions welcome.

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to fasting (about a month now - since that Horizon programme) but have been healthy eating and exercising since January. As you may know, a lot of body builder types use fasting, so there's a fair bit of knowledge about it in those communities. So drawing on that experience, if I exercise on DD's it is either fairly gentle (walking usually), OR if I do my strength training at the gym, I do it shortly before I'm going to eat. So - I exercise in a fasting state, but shortly before I'm about to break the fast.

On UD's, I do whatever exercise I want to do.

Barbara

I walk, UD or DD, swim DD, Garden UD or DD. I might do a bit of Leslie Sanson sometimes, but my knees won't let me do much more!!

I exercise on both days but don't do too much cardio on my DDs. I love yoga and Pilates and light weights for both days. You'll get there sweetie x

A joined a gym on friday (o dear!!!) it was a DD that day, and for the induction the intructer put together was quite aggresive lol!!!! I started with the bike, to the rower then to th treadmill - came off the treadmill and felt sooo dizzy and weak, i couldnt move without thinking the room was spinning, had to sit down before i could continue lol!!! Now my induction is over i know to take the slower pace on a DD but im gonna aim to go on UPs but moderate excercise would be fine anywen? Reckon i just overdid it hahaha!!!!!

littlemumma said:
A joined a gym on friday (o dear!!!) it was a DD that day, and for the induction the intructer put together was quite aggresive lol!!!! I started with the bike, to the rower then to th treadmill - came off the treadmill and felt sooo dizzy and weak, i couldnt move without thinking the room was spinning, had to sit down before i could continue lol!!! Now my induction is over i know to take the slower pace on a DD but im gonna aim to go on UPs but moderate excercise would be fine anywen? Reckon i just overdid it hahaha!!!!!

Oops, maybe you slightly overdid it! Bless x Glad you're ok though x

I hired a personal trainer who was quite uncomfortable training me whilst on JUDDD - even on an UD. I totally understand her concern over a DD but she just didn't feel comfortable for any day and said she would only train me if I signed some documents saying that I was ok with it. I had to let her go as I felt she wouldn't push me enough and also because she was so against JUDDD and I didn't want it to start worrying me. Shame, as I really enjoyed the workouts.

I have joined a gym. I shall go on my UDs I think. Maybe use the rower or even try the C25K on a treadmill...

I'll have to get there at about 7 am, so I will be fasted, I'l pick up breakfast from S'bury's opposite as I leave.

Thanks for the reminder about lifters and builders, I'll have a look and may do some bag work on DDs. But only about 10 minutes.

Fingers crossed :)

I am one of the strange people who prefer to exercise on a DD! No idea why but I have way more energy and feel less sluggish on a DD and I defo exercise better those days.

I do bootcamp style workouts with a PT so pretty hard intense stuff. I have never known it to help my losses unfortunately no matter what diet I'm on but my body fat percentage and my body shape has changed loads so that keeps me pretty motivated!! :)

Whiteybitey said:
I am one of the strange people who prefer to exercise on a DD! No idea why but I have way more energy and feel less sluggish on a DD and I defo exercise better those days.

I do bootcamp style workouts with a PT so pretty hard intense stuff. I have never known it to help my losses unfortunately no matter what diet I'm on but my body fat percentage and my body shape has changed loads so that keeps me pretty motivated!! :)

I've exercised on a DD twice this week, I think I feel less sluggish because my stomach isn't too full :)

i find exercise makes me hungry so if i exercise on a DD i usually do 20 mins of my kettlebells dvd but i do it as late as poss in the evening so i know i can have a nice breakfast after my sleep! on my ups i try and do more of the kettlebells dvd and go for a walk. im also intending to start doing a running pattern that my ex used to do in football training. you need a football or rugby pitch for it but what u do is run from one corner to the opposite diagonally (i'll be starting off using half the pitch first!) then you jog to the posts, then walk to the corner and then sprint to the opposite corner and repeat the pattern for 10 times. its meant to be a killer but gets u fit and would obviously help with toning and shaping! x

I'm just starting JUDDD but I've been running 5K around 3 times per week after doing the C25K program - couldn't recommend it enough! I'm going to try and continue with this, probably on my up days but i'll see how I feel :)

Just finished breakfast (UD), after returning from the gym. My previous gym visit was also first thing in the morning, after a DD. Know what? I'm finding that I can train really well when fasted! Both of these visits, I've been able to do heavier weights and get through more reps of my new and challenging core exercises. Of course, it could be coincidence, because I got a new programme 3 weeks ago, and it could just be that I have learned the exercises and am doing them more efficiently.... though one of them (leg press) I have been doing for months.

Anyway, I'll keep on noticing how I feel when I exercise at different times of day, and in relation to meal timing. I don't think I would want to do a hard workout in a fasted state and then not eat for several more hours afterwards...

Barbara

OOooh that sounds promising Barbara. Hopefully now work is settling down a bit I will get both food and exercise acts together :)

Back