Exercise whilst on a vlcd

asilasil

Hi guys. I am interested to know what the score is re exercising whilst on the LL programme. I have read a few conflicting snippets of advice but Im none the wiser for it so can someone please clarify for me.
I am starting at the gym tonight with a personal trainer. I dont want him to start poo pooing the fact that I am doing a VLCD as I dont want to hear the minuses that he will surley raise.
What I want to know is that if he sets me up on the cardio stuff and obviously he will. Will I be starving hyngry later on in the evening as I will have depleted all of my calories that the packs have given me. I haven't really been properly hungry since week 1 and I dont really fancy being that hungry again as it made the first week a bit too much of a struggle. I was hoping that he will be kind and give me gentle weight toning exercises to do. Is that a good idea?? Or would you not recommend any exercise during abstinance?? Im confused:confused:
xx

Hi Asilasil,
I have a personal trainer and have trained with her since week 3 of LL with no negative side effects.
I do half an hour of cardio and a lot of resistance training and some floor work. I must admit she wasn't best pleased with the idea of a VLCD but she's come round now she's seen its working and i'm in perfect health!
You should be fine :) just do what you can, don't push yourself too hard!
Make sure you have a pack left afterwords as i always feel a bit peckish after a good training session!
Hope this helps!
Enjoy! xx

Thanks Jessica. I cant wait to start now.
For anybody else reading this thread that is thinking of starting at their local gym, I went to my G.P. about losing weight. She tried to get me to have vouchers for weight watchers or slimming world but I was adamant about LL. Then she gave me a refferal letter for my local gym. This is where I am going tonight and they are giving me the use of a personal trainer. I have to go back to my G.P. every 12 weeks and if the weight is coming off then I get another 12 weeks with my trainer...till all the weight is gone. I think this scheme is available to all on the N.H.S that are over weight.
xx

Right...this is it. Am booked into the gym at 6 so am off.
Fingers crossed I come out of this alive...lol
xx

Back