Exercise

lozzie84

Hi x
Just wondering how much exercise do everyone do? I'm starting the gym this week and am planning doing it 3 times a week and a hour each time?

Im starting up again. I used to go to the gym three times a week. I am aiming this week to go to the gym three times a week and walk for at least an hour on the other days but that's not difficult to include this week as I have places to go. I find that workouts on fitness tv are quite cool to try out and they really work up a sweat.

I find fitting in exercise so hard as for me I need to do it in the morning, so to be home again before the bf goes to work I have to be in the gym at 530 am x but it'll be worth it x good luck with your exercise x

Hi, I do 3 - 4 classes per week, for an hour each. Body Pump, Zumba, Body Combat and Spinning, so a nice variety. I'd start with a few and then build up how many times you go - that's my plan and its working so far!

Do you find exercise makes a huge difference to weight loss? I really don't enjoy it but have just bought a Zumba DVD that I thought I may get on with. J prefer taking my dogs for 2 hour power walks!! X

Wow Rachael, I wish I had the confidence to do classes but I have no rhythm do I tend to avoid! Very interested in spinning so in a couple of months I'm going to try it x
Sally, the only reason I'm giving into a bit if exercise is I don't generally get any! But if you walk your dogs then you do? You have the perfect excuse to get out and burn so kcals x just remember to keep it varied x

I can not keep up with the speed in class. I do 15 miles on my exercise bike 3-4 times a week and 1-2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone on youtube a couple of times a week. A couple of times a week I walk to the shops and back which takes about 1 hour. There is a massive park in front of us but walking on your own is no fun. However, when my mum comes to stay we walk at least an hour a day.

I can not keep up with the speed in class. I do 15 miles on my exercise bike 3-4 times a week and 1-2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone on youtube a couple of times a week. A couple of times a week I walk to the shops and back which takes about 1 hour. There is a massive park in front of us but walking on your own is no fun. However, when my mum comes to stay we walk at least an hour a day.

Thats my worry, i know the spinning classes are very intense, and im worried ill look silly when i fall of the bike!
I prefere to do 30mins on xtrainer, and half hour walk!

Well done for your walks im so lazy i use my car!!! I need to start but i blame the cold weather :0 )

To be honest, I only go to classes because I can't motivate myself to go to the gym! Once I'm booked into a class I see it as a commitment that I can't back out of - its the only thing that makes me go!!

You don't need any rhythm for spinning, combat or body pump - you should give them a go. Zumba does require a little bit of rhythm but in my class no one really cares if you get all the steps wrong - its just a lot of fun, and great music!

lozzie try 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone on youtube. It is easy and fun. Then you can do it with any music you wish. I am not sure where you live (probably too far from me - I live in Bristol) otherwise we could meet up and go for walks.

rachaeld82 said:
To be honest, I only go to classes because I can't motivate myself to go to the gym! Once I'm booked into a class I see it as a commitment that I can't back out of - its the only thing that makes me go!!

You don't need any rhythm for spinning, combat or body pump - you should give them a go. Zumba does require a little bit of rhythm but in my class no one really cares if you get all the steps wrong - its just a lot of fun, and great music!

Oh I went to Zumba and everyone there looked like professionals so after bumping into a few people I decided never to return to there again x
Never done body combat or pump? May see if my gym does it x thanks for the heads up xxx

floweryrosie said:
lozzie try 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone on youtube. It is easy and fun. Then you can do it with any music you wish. I am not sure where you live (probably too far from me - I live in Bristol) otherwise we could meet up and go for walks.

I've never heard of it? How do you do it? Or what is it? Aw, shame as I'd love a bit of motivation x but I live down south x Portsmouth x

I think with Zumba it has a lot to do with the instructor - we had one lady who was a bit boring and all the steps were very precise, but now have an instructor who is a lot more relaxed and who makes it the aim to sweat and have fun!

Body pump is an hour class with weights, but one of my main aims is to get rid of my flabby arms, so i'm making myself go. Plus the instructor is very easy on the eye, which helps!! Good luck with whatever you try!

rachaeld82 said:
I think with Zumba it has a lot to do with the instructor - we had one lady who was a bit boring and all the steps were very precise, but now have an instructor who is a lot more relaxed and who makes it the aim to sweat and have fun!

Body pump is an hour class with weights, but one of my main aims is to get rid of my flabby arms, so i'm making myself go. Plus the instructor is very easy on the eye, which helps!! Good luck with whatever you try!

Thanks again x I'll probably give that a go x

Back