Exercise

halcyon

Just wondering will not exercising really effect my weight loss on SW? I can't exercise at the moment, because I have a really painful hip.

I hoping it'll get better soon so I can start exercising, but I've no idea when that will be. Or should I suck it up and exercise anyway? Not entirely sure whether that will make it worse or not.

I've not done much exercise lately and I've had decent losses.

Don't worry about it you shouldn't push yourself to do something that'll make you feel worse. Wait until you're better then start off with some gentle exercise.

My C says excercise helps you lose an extra 2-3lbs a month on SW, so I wouldn't worry too much :) xx

Thank you for replying. :)

I think I'll wait until my hip feels better, then do some jogging or go on my exercise bike.

I have kept a diary since I started and I can see that when I have exercised I haven't lost as much weight as when I do no exercise!I think that you can get enough exercise through normal movement while doing daily chores!

I have not increased my exercise since starting SW (am quite active anyway, lots of school runs and long walks on the weekend) but my losses have been good. Not been doing any aerobic exercise yet, but I think I will start when I get closer to my goal :)

I have exercised every week but one, when i was ill. That week I lost 5lb!!!! I have no idea why. I think as long as you do what you can and are proud of yourself for even thinking about it when in pain you will be fine.

Back