Exercise

mamaboo3

WEll thought seeing as I don't actually get real exercise if anyone had any tips ... I have 3 small children so find it hard to get out to the gym I've started walking a bit more but school is in another borough so have to drive
Just did a 20 min workout on the wii fit and ouch lol
So anyone have any tips or ideas or if you fancy trying to find ways of getting in some exercise then drop by

My mum when picking the grand kids up from school parks about half a mile away and walks to the gates and then back to the car!!

i have this trouble n i cant do DVDS or Wii as my lil angels (9, 4, 2, 1) try joining in and get trampled!! lol
i do walk to school, but thats the only exercise i get!! the idea of parking further away is a good idea, not as crowded for parking too i bet!! lol

can u get out in the evenings? maybe go for a walk then (or jog? or bike?) i am gonna try to but its hard wen hubby hates me going out grrr!!

im looking to get an exercise bike so i can do some while watching TV with hubby in the evenings, and also someone suggested to me 1min step ups on the bottom step everytime u go to go up them?

mamaboo3 said:
WEll thought seeing as I don't actually get real exercise if anyone had any tips ... I have 3 small children so find it hard to get out to the gym I've started walking a bit more but school is in another borough so have to drive
Just did a 20 min workout on the wii fit and ouch lol
So anyone have any tips or ideas or if you fancy trying to find ways of getting in some exercise then drop by

I go on Wii once my sons in bed

when you go shopping, park as far from the shop as the car park allows, take any stairs or slopes instead of escilators or lifts, if you get a bus anywhere, get off a stop before or after yours and then walk home.

first thing of a morning i take a few mins to do pushups, only takes less then 5 mins to do. can't do pushups, try sit ups.
during the day use cans of beans as weights to do arm curls.. i bet there are loads of videos on youtube about excersise at home for free.

as long as your doing a little bit more then you used to, it's better then nothing.

i have this trouble n i cant do DVDS or Wii as my lil angels (9, 4, 2, 1) try joining in and get trampled!! lol
i do walk to school, but thats the only exercise i get!! the idea of parking further away is a good idea, not as crowded for parking too i bet!! lol

can u get out in the evenings? maybe go for a walk then (or jog? or bike?) i am gonna try to but its hard wen hubby hates me going out grrr!!

im looking to get an exercise bike so i can do some while watching TV with hubby in the evenings, and also someone suggested to me 1min step ups on the bottom step everytime u go to go up them?

Aww why does he hate you going out :/

loolahoop said:

If you want to go out and get fit go for it dont let hubby stop you
Mine Has no chance i do what i want to do

Get a bike & if you have canals near you then start there as it's all level riding! then venture further out, shopping etc great in good weather.
Pete

Yeah I agree, when the kids are at school i'm always on my pushbike riding to town with a backpack to do the shopping. If I can't fit it into the backpack it doesnt go into the trolley, therefore I can't eat it! lol

Morning all thanks for all your replies ...
The other half works funny shifts so I fin it hard to get out without having one of my 3 beautiful kiddies attached to me the youngest is 10 months so it kinda rules out bike riding as I'm not that confident by myself let alone with a baby.
I moved into my house in sept last year the stairs are really steep I couldnt manage them without getting out of breath but now I can run up them which is great I even sort my washing into loads and take it up/down stair pile at a time lol
I already park as far away from the school and super market as I can mainly because my car is new and I hate the thought of it getting bashed lol so I supposed two birds with one stone there
I think I'll give you tube a go for some free exercise videos ad I may invest in a exercise bike..
I suppose the more I do and the more I lose the more ill become motivated

If you want to go out and get fit go for it dont let hubby stop you
Mine Has no chance i do what i want to do

Aww why does he hate you going out :/

erm i have no idea actually! lol its not that he stops me, but just that man whinge n makes me feel bad :/ "coz he been at work for 12 hours n if i go out in the evenings he will never get to see me blah blah blah!"
i just about get away with going SW on a tues evening!! but even then most weeks hes like cant u just not go this week? grrr lol he thinks coz im a stay at home mum (4, 2, 1 year old at home aLL DAY 9yo at school) that i sit on my lazy bum all day watching jeremy kyle while the housekeeping fairy does 6ppls washing and cleaning and cooking and gardening and school runs and picking up his bloody socks n boxers off the floor!!! as well as trying to keep the kids enertained and stopping them from killing each other!(sorry to rant! haha) so coz i dont do anything all day i should be able to do anything i want to get done during the day so when he comes home from work all my time can be devoted to his every every whim!!!

i went out 2 evenings last week on the bike, and i have told hubby that im going this week too and i am taking my 9yo too so will be nice to do something with him :) and i actually said to him if he wants to spend time with me that much we can get baby seats fir the bikes n him n kids can come too...not that that will ever happen as he has theHARDEST job in the world and theres no way he can even move from the sofa from the moment he walks through the door! ..again sorry for the rant !lol

Haha glad I'm not the only one with a housework fairy ...
I think the men are secretly worried a out us getting back to how we were that's why they feed us and want us to stay at home ... It's an interest away from them and the kids and it's foreign to them lol
Makes me even more determind at the moment to do it for ME x

hi - Just a thought but have you heard of Green Gym's they are free exercise equipment in yr Local Parks. Fresh Air Fitness Green Gym - Fresh-Air Fitness you can put in yr postcode and it will give you the nearest Park with the facities.

Thank you I'll check it out
Ive managed to be a bit more better with leaving the car at home and when I went to my mother in laws the other day and left my car on the next street and put the baby in the pram and walked the rest of the way ! The weather helps I'm enjoying it :)

Back