Exercise

DizzyFlowers

Hey everyone,

In the last year i have been on every diet you can think of and for the new year i want to do WW but instead of just coming off and eating 'normally' I want to use it to eat better forever!! lol

So i was just wondering how much excercise ppl do and how this affects thier weightloss?

Also, i know by doing exercise you can gain activity points, does that mean if i wanted i could use thoses points for more food? I know that is a stupid question, but i just wanna check!:)

oh and one more thing, on average how much do u lose per week? iv got about 5 stone to lose im abit worried its gna take FOREVER!

X

WW suggest losing 1-2lbs per week, losing at that rate means that you are more likely to keep the weight off. If you lost 2lbs every single week it would take you 35 weeks to get to goal.

Exercise points are one of those sticky subjects, some people eat their bonus points (which you are allowed to do) others never touch them. I think its trial and error, try a week or two doing both options and see if theres much difference.

I read somewhere that for maintaining you need to earn about 27 bonus points a week - thats quite a lot.

To start with I would suggest 30 mins 3 times a week and then build up from there, either more days or longer times on the 3 days. Try and mix up the exercise that you do so that your body doesn't get use to it.

Good luck.

Thanx Lydia, that helps alot. 35 weeks doesnt atcually seem that long does it? im gonna give it ago, that would make me 5 stone lighter for my 21st!

I dont think id use my activitly points but maybe one week i will to see how much differnce it makes.

I definently need to add some excercise in somewhere anyway! il mix it up not jus so my body doesnt get used to it but for me too, i get bored VERY easily! I recently got a nintendo wii, boxing on ther really takes it out of u, i didnt think it would but my arms ached alot the next day!!lol. Plus i have various exercise dvds that work up a sweat so i should be fne!

Thanx for your help. I started today and so far so good!

x

good luck Dizzy :) i have in total around 5 stone left to lose - i'm weighing in just a little heavier than you now. I swim twice a week and go to aquafit, both dont feel too much like exercise and they definitely have helped :)

on the eating your AP's, i tend to find the exercise does make me hungrier.. and i do eat mine as it stops me going nuts and also i find my energy levels lapse a lot quicker if i dont. If i stick to WW 100% i have always had a good loss - only times ive gained so far is when I have been offtrack (its becoming more frequent around this time :p)

good luck anyway - keep posting here on your diary cause would love to know how you get on :) xxx

Thanx Blackwidow, Hopefully this will b a diet i stick to! i want to lose this weight so bad but somehow i find myself falling of the wagon time and time again! But im atcually really motivated now iv thought of it like i could lose 5 stone in 35 weeks, although its a long time its doesnt seem as much wen i look at it written down like that..lol

As i said earlier i really need to do some exercise, i dont really have the time to go to anyclasses, although id love to, so its gna b strictly front room sweating and speed buggy pushing! :)
I may find i need the acticity points as i increase the exercise, but as i do next to nothing now i wudnt know!

im definently gonna make coming on here a regular thing, should help me stay on track!

x

Hi Dizzy, the exercise/eating equation seems to be a tricky one.

I was losing pretty well each week - then started exercising and put on 1.5lbs!!! eeeek. Although, over Christmas, even though I was eating loads - I actually lost them again. I think it took a while for my body to catch up with itself.

At the moment, I am doing something each day - but not yet back into counting points properly as having loads of choccie binges.

I think if you stick to the plan that Lydia has suggested, you won't go far wrong.

good luck and WW is easy to stick with - unless it Christmas, when no diet is easy!

Rosie xx

lol, i agree Rosie, Xmas is a no diet zone! its more Chocomas at my housE!

im gna introduce exercise slowly n see how i get on! if i get a gain i wont be too disapointed bcos muscle weighs more that fat, so they say..lol

Glad to hear uv not put on the weight over Xmas!
x

Back