Exercise

Bunnyg

Determined
Sorry this is messy and ignore the post below as I managed to change the topic!

I was wondering about exercise. I really need to get fit as I am doing the race for life in July and want to make use of my gym membership. Is it unsafe to do this. I don't want to just lose weight without getting fit. I like going out for walks and going down the gym so would like to be able to do this.....

Last edited:
hi, i go to gym 3 x week and do 20 mins on treadmill, 15 on cross trainer and 5 on rower, then do some resistance weights. ive not made myself ill, I don't know how many months you have to go for until you enjoy it...still waiting for that to happen!!! x

That makes sense if you don't want to do it.

I really do though, so hopefully once I settle into the diet I will be able to get myself into a good exercise regime

That makes sense if you don't want to do it.

I really do though, so hopefully once I settle into the diet I will be able to get myself into a good exercise regime

Same here, im planning to sort things out gymwise this saturday then start going nxt week.

Hello there,
I must admit I did join a gym but couldnt keep up with the exercise plan (and diet sad to say) last year when I was on LL but this year I have started CD and instead of going to the gym I have just enrolled on a toning course using toning tables, I think it is better to start off slower then work up to the gym when you have lost at least half your weight as you have to do more and more anyway to lose the weight as it slows down. I may be wrong what do you all think??
All the best

Hi Bunnyg

Are you on SS? I take it you are planning to walk the RFL? You can certainly do plenty of walking and low intensity cardio exercise, whether at the gym or just by going out for walks around the block. However, if you're on SS you really shouldn't train for a run, even a 5k. Wait until you've been on the diet a couple of weeks before you start anything new, but if you're already walking a lot, keep at it - it's excellent exercise.

I am on sole source yes. I am planning on waiting for a few weeks till I get started, but I do really want to get fit and worry that if I just sit here losing the weight and not exercising, it's not gonna happen! It's about fitness for me, not to aid the weight loss or anything. I will probably walk/jog/run the RFL, I want to do more than walk and I am doing it with a friend, so we have to keep at each others pace. I have 7 months till then though, so hopefully will be ok

Back