Exercises for Wii

Safia

Gold Member
Hiya everyone to give my weightloss a boost i want to start exercising. Yesterday i was thinking of starting to run but after walking to my group i know that its just too cold and i wont do it. I have an exercise bike but i get bored easily and also my 2 darling daughters always do something a bit naughty and i have to stop half way. I also have a wii which has been gathering dust but i think its about time it comes out again. I was wondering what kind of exercises people enjoy doing in there and if they have made as difference to weightloss xx

I enjoy the wii fit plus. Not sure how much difference it has made but you can see how many calories you are burning!

I used to have my fitness coach as well which was good if you prefer to feel like you have had a proper workout!

There are lots of games for the Wii that you can use. I have wii fit plus which is good for a bit of fun whilst exercising and the biggest loser which is good for hard core exercise!

I have heard that just dance is good aswell! xx

hi Safia, i use the just dance and dance on broadway and do it along with my 3yr old daughter, that way, it's keeping her amused and burning a few calories at the one time.

I highly recommend EA Sports Active if you want a 'proper' workout, I like Wii Fit, but see it more as a set of silly but fun games, and to me it is very light exercise (and don't think that I am super-fit, believe me, I'm not lol) - I rarely break a sweat with wii fit.

My absolute favourite though, is 'Step to the beat' - it's pure genius. I've walked 3.3 miles with it today, and barely noticed I was doing it! You basically walk, in time to the music, but collect things, and 'create' things that get added to 'rhythm island' as you go around, so its very easy to keep going, because you end up thinking 'oh, only 100 more steps, and I'll finish that bridge/unlock the new area/whatever'... and once you've done that, there is always something else to unlock as well! Some of the songs take you up to 100+ steps a minute, so you can make it as much of a workout as you like. You don't need any special kit either - it works with just the nunchuck better than it does the balance board imho :D

I had the EA Active then got one called EA Active More Workouts. I prefer the second one as it does a proper warm up and cool down plus it does tummy exercises which I think was missing from the first version.

Thanks Pogle - will look into 'Step to the beat'. It sounds great fun.

I had the EA Active then got one called EA Active More Workouts. I prefer the second one as it does a proper warm up and cool down plus it does tummy exercises which I think was missing from the first version.

Thanks Pogle - will look into 'Step to the beat'. It sounds great fun.

I agree about the lack of proper warm ups/tummy exercises on Sports Active, it's the one downfall to it I think. I'm using a friends copy atm - (she's 6 months pregnant, and isn't using it atm for some reason :p) and did debate buying the 'more workouts' disc as its quite cheap now, but decided that I'd get the brand new one with the heart rate monitor when it's out on Friday instead - from what I gather it's meant to be amazing :) Then I can give my friend her copy of the original one back.

I know Step to the beat is ridiculously hard to get hold of atm. I actually ordered mine from amazon.de through the marketplace (if you use google chrome as your browser, it will translate the web page for you) - it was the ONLY place I could find it, other than paying a stupid price on eBay!! (I paid about £23 in the end I think, once it was converted from Euros) I assume that it was just much more popular than they were expecting it to be, (it only came out in April this year) and they didn't make enough copies! I would think it would be readily available again soon - it's only been out of stock in most places for about 2 weeks. I was just impatient once I'd read all the rave reviews :D

Yes - most games are made with a European, and a US version. US ones won't play on EU consoles, but *most* (sadly not all) European games have all the languages coded in - and your Wii will already be set to English - so it automatically chooses that as your setting. You'd never know mine was a German version if you didn't try to read the booklet inside the case :D

Derzeit nicht auf Lager:cry:lol

:(

Sorry for bigging up something that you can't get hold of!
It really is brilliant though, so if you can get hold of a copy, it's well worth it lol.

One of the other Amazon's might have it in stock, or on their marketplaces I guess - amazon.de was the first one I tried once I'd realised the only one for sale in the UK was on eBay, and already up to £80 :rolleyes: Might be worth a try if you really want it, and are impatient like me :eek:

Back