ProPoints Exercising prior to weigh in- good idea or bad?

Passiflora

Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!
My friends and I are planning to go on a lengthy walk next week whilst we are off, but it seems the best day for everyone is my weigh in day! Will me doing a substantial walk on my weigh in day give me a gain on the scales that evening?

You read articles that you gain weight after exercise, or that you’ve to get weighed the day after exercise – to me it’s all of a fuddle – I would have thought you would lose after exercise, but it doesn’t seem that simple!!

Any comments?
Thanks!

As far as i know it really is variable, depending on the person and their body - some believe it's beneficial to weigh after exercise due to the fluid lost during exercise through sweating, some it makes no difference, and some would weigh more due to taking on a lot of water from drinking whilst exercising. I think perhaps it's trial and error, but i don't think it's consistent from one person to the next.

I would personally do the walk, because all exercise is good exercise in the long term for fitness and weight loss, and then when you get weighed see if it makes a difference to what you would have expected you weight to be for that week... if you don't try you'll never know, but i wouldn't let the worry of you gaining weight for your weigh in stop you exercising, i think if you were to gain from a walk it would be so minimal anyway, it's not worth giving the exercise a miss!! xx

Thanks thetrigos!

I go walking quite a lot already, but we've planned a mega walk for the holidays, and I wanted to get down to a certain weight on the scales prior to us going away for an evening - the day after way day!!

I'm just so impatient and want the scales to say what I want them to say next week - and not the week after!!

Fingers crossed the weather holds for next week too!!

Did our walk today, I got weighed this evening and I lost what I wanted too, so now I can enjoy our little trip away that little bit more!! (Not enjoy it OTT foodwise, but by being pleased as punch with myself for losing 4 stone... so far!!)

Back