Extra Easy Extra Easy – 1/3 Superfree? Confused!

Katerpillar

Losin the baby weight :-)
I need some help please!!!! :wave_cry:

I am used to doing red or green days and for some reason can’t get my head round Extra Easy! Do you have to have 1/3 superfree on your plate?

I am wondering as I have done a couple of days EE and sometimes don’t do this.

Say for example if I have Chicken Rogan Josh for my tea – what can I have as the 1/3 superfree???

I am finding it difficult to keep to red or green at the minute so need a bit of variety!

Thanks for any help! x x

I need some help please!!!! :wave_cry:

I am used to doing red or green days and for some reason can’t get my head round Extra Easy! Do you have to have 1/3 superfree on your plate?

I am wondering as I have done a couple of days EE and sometimes don’t do this.

Say for example if I have Chicken Rogan Josh for my tea – what can I have as the 1/3 superfree???

I am finding it difficult to keep to red or green at the minute so need a bit of variety!

Thanks for any help! x x

I would like some advice on this also please as i am unsure. Eek!! xx

You can add mushrooms and onions, chopped tomatoes. They are all superfree and count towards your 1/3. I also add broccoli and cauliflower to curries and things like that.

Yes, from my understanding you need to add a 1/3 superfree to each meal.

For a curry I try to add lots of veg into the curry or make a side dish to go with it.

When I make up a chinese meal I have the meal with rice and have veg noodles as a side dish.

Or you could have it entirely separate and have a few pieces of fruit to make it up.

Hope that helps :)

:D Great - thanks for the advice!

So the tins of tomatoes I put in a curry are superfree??

Yes they are! I add peppers to my curries too.

My consultant said at the last class that for some people its easier (and works out the same) to think of it as 1/3 of your day being superfree!!?!?! (wasn't 100% sure about the thinking behind that tho)!

yeah thats right, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms. I rely on pak choi for stuff like fajitas, some curries, stir fries. Spinach is always a good one to add to curries etc, I just thorw a handful on the side as I don't really like it cooked

The 1/3 superfree is also to aid portion control. I have always understood the idea behind RED and GREEN and couldn't see how being able to eat all the FREE GREEN and FREE RED on the same day would make you lose weight! But the twist is the SUPERFREE rule. by making your plate 1/3 full of superfree it automatically limits the meat and carbs on your plate.

Makes much more sense now - thank all!

I'm going to write a food plan for the next week in a minute and stick it on the fridge. I seem to be OK ad-hoc on green and red but EE is taking me a little longer to fingure out (duuuur!! :eek:)

Spinach in a curry sounds like a fab idea - I love spinach! Thanks all x x

Roasted peppers are nice too and go with most meals like curry/chinese food! I tend to add a load of random veg into curries anyway, green beans and sugar snap peas, chunks of carrots and what not! Or if you don't want them in the dish and you're looking for something on the side, stir fried vegetables are nice with a few spices in there :) you can even fry the rice in there to make a veg fried rice which goes with most curries!

Emily

Or have a salad as a starter. I sometimes have some lettuce, a couple of tomatoes, a sliced pepper, some cucumber - things like that.

Back