1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy: Chickpea Dahl Loaf

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Johnr999, 23 March 2014 Social URL.

1. Johnr999

Johnr999 New Member

Any tips for making the Chickpea Dahl Loaf ? Made it twice already and it just collapses as soon as it comes out from loaf tin :mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

How many eggs are you using and what size tin? I use 4 large eggs and a 2lb loaf tin and never have a problem :)

4. gleggers

gleggers Well-Known Member

I make the mix and then split it into the kind of tray you would make cupcakes in ( not sure what they are called)!

5. Kate77

Kate77 Well-Known Member

This used to happen to me. I found that I needed to let the loaf cool completely before taking it out of the tin.

6. jenniecakes

jenniecakes Well-Known Member

What's the best recipe for chickpea dahl loaf? I'm going to make it tonight. And how do people eat it? On its own or with a meal??

7. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Here is my version of it! I am still experimenting with the recipe, I made one with baked beans instead of chickpeas, I found this much nicer, made with a Knorr curry flavourpot added for more flavour.....
    Pete’s Chickpea Dahl (2014)
    Serves 4
    Ingredients
    3 medium size eggs (ff)
    120g packet of Sainsbury’s Indian style curry savoury rice (ff)
    400g Aldi Chickpea Dahl (ff)
    S & P

Method

Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, drain in a sieve then allow to cool.
    Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
    Mix the rice with the chickpeas & eggs, season well.
    Tip the mixture in to a shallow tin tray, lined with greaseproof paper, cook for 25 mins then insert a skewer, if it comes out clean, it’s cooked, if not cook for a few minutes more.
    Lift the mix from the tin & allow to cool on a wire rack.
    Chickpea Dahl (2) (Small).JPG Chickpea Dahl (3) (Small).JPG