Extra Easy: Chickpea Dahl Loaf

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Johnr999, 23 March 2014.

1. Johnr999

Johnr999 New Member

Any tips for making the Chickpea Dahl Loaf ? Made it twice already and it just collapses as soon as it comes out from loaf tin :mad:
  2. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

How many eggs are you using and what size tin? I use 4 large eggs and a 2lb loaf tin and never have a problem :)
  3. gleggers

gleggers Well-Known Member

I make the mix and then split it into the kind of tray you would make cupcakes in ( not sure what they are called)!
  4. Kate77

Kate77 Well-Known Member

This used to happen to me. I found that I needed to let the loaf cool completely before taking it out of the tin.
  5. jenniecakes

jenniecakes Well-Known Member

What's the best recipe for chickpea dahl loaf? I'm going to make it tonight. And how do people eat it? On its own or with a meal??
  6. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Here is my version of it! I am still experimenting with the recipe, I made one with baked beans instead of chickpeas, I found this much nicer, made with a Knorr curry flavourpot added for more flavour.....
    Pete’s Chickpea Dahl (2014)
    Serves 4
    3 medium size eggs (ff)
    120g packet of Sainsbury’s Indian style curry savoury rice (ff)
    400g Aldi Chickpea Dahl (ff)
    S & P

Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, drain in a sieve then allow to cool.
    Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
    Mix the rice with the chickpeas & eggs, season well.
    Tip the mixture in to a shallow tin tray, lined with greaseproof paper, cook for 25 mins then insert a skewer, if it comes out clean, it’s cooked, if not cook for a few minutes more.
    Lift the mix from the tin & allow to cool on a wire rack.
    Chickpea Dahl (2) (Small).JPG Chickpea Dahl (3) (Small).JPG