Extra Easy - Chilli Con Carne

LadyHelen

No Coffee, No Workee
I wanted to share the link to this wonderful Chilli I made last night from the BBC Good Food site:

Sara's chilli con carne recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

The modifications I made to it in order to make it more SW-friendly were to take out the olive oil (sweat the onions in a little bit of water instead) and the sundried tomatoes (replace with a couple of tbsp of tomato puree).

I made it with 800g of Extra Lean Mince and 2 cans of kidney beans, and used 2 beef oxo cubes and came up with 6 portions (2 for us and 4 in the freezer!) for a total of 4 syns - 0.5 syn per serving. Bargain, and it's gorgeous! :D

We had it with rice last night and I've got some leftovers for lunch today, and I think I'll be having the remaining portions on jacket potatoes or on syn free chips for future lunches. :D

Oh - and needless to say, I didn't serve it with avocado and tortilla chips as she suggests, much as I would have liked to!!

Last edited:
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to say I cooked this for tea last night for the first time ever and it was loovvely.

Cooking it in the oven is definitely better than doing it on the hob makes the meat much more tender.

I did add some paprika to it as sugested in a Jamie Oliver recipe and i'm not sure if the sundried toms add anything especially for the cost so may miss them out next time and also used HOT chilli powder but overall mmmmmm.

Had mine with whole roasted peppers and ainsley harriot cous cous, will definitely be having it again.

Thanks for the link :D

Back