Extra Easy Enchiladas!

liliferjade

Wishful shrinking
Tonight for tea I plan to make enchiladas which are one of my all time fave meals! I have made these so many times before for my boyfriend and house mates and it always goes down well. So I thought I would share my recipe with all you lovely slimmer’s in the hope you might like it!!

You will need:
Fry light (olive oil preferably but sunflower will do the trick!)
2 red onions
2 red and slice peppers (Speed food!)
3 red chillies, 2 chopped and 1 sliced (make sure you deseed these and I would advice to wear gloves to avoid burns!)
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ground coriander
6 chicken breasts (fat and skin removed) cut into small chunks
198g can sweetcorn (drained)
700ml bottle passata
10 tortillas (whole meal, 57g for healthy extra b)
Grated cheddar (Use light cheese to get more for your healthy extra)
Corriander leaves (optional!)

Serves: 10 Prep: 20 mins Cook: 50 mins
1. Fry the onions, peppers, chopped chilli and coriander stalks with half the garlic for 10 mins until soft using a few sprays of fry light. Stir in 2 tsp ground coriander and 2 tsp cumin seeds, then fry for 1 min more. Meanwhile, in another frying pan, fry the chicken, in batches, until browned - add it to the pan of veg as it is done.
2. Stir the sweetcorn, coriander leaves and 150ml of the passata into the veg and chicken. In a bowl, mix the rest of the passata with the other crushed garlic clove, the remaining spices, then set aside.
3. To assemble, lay the tortillas onto a board and divide the chicken mixture between them, folding over the ends and rolling up to seal. Divide the passata sauce into the dishes you are using, then top with the enchiladas. Sprinkle with grated cheese and scatter with the sliced chilli.
4. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, then bake for 30 mins, scattering with more coriander leaves to serve, if you like.

TIP
Either freeze the whole recipe in different-size dishes for separate occasions, or freeze the passata sauce, chicken filling, grated cheese and soured cream in portions in separate freezer bags - remembering to label the quantities on each bag. Then defrost and assemble to cook.
TIP
Tortillas will also freeze well for up to 2 months if well wrapped, or keep in unopened packs in your cupboard.
TIP
For best results, defrost the enchiladas thoroughly, then cook following the recipe. If necessary, they can be cooked from frozen. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3, cover the enchiladas with foil, bake for 1 hr, remove the foil, increase the heat to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, then bake for another 15-20 mins.
TIP
Allow one enchilada per person. Once cool, wrap well with cling film and freeze the right way up for up to 2 months.

Recipe from BBC good food and adjusted slightly. Hope you like them as much as I do :D Of course they are free if you use your whole meal wrap and cheese as your healthy extras and you can add as much veg (pref superfree speedys) as you like!

That looks great and thanks for posting it for us all to share.

This section is for your food diary so perhaps it would be better if it was posted in your diary or better still in the section dedicated to recipes. It would be so appreciated there and you would get lots more replies.
Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

hugs xxxxxx

I didn't know you could use a wholemeal tortilla as a HEb, It's not in the book :confused:

Can you use them because It'll make my day if you can
:D x x x

Back