Extra easy green and red days.

Zolar29

I haven't been on the sw diet very long and am a little unsure if I'm doing if correct. Do you have to pick a plan either green red and extra easy and stick with it week in week out or can you mix and match depending on what you want to eat on a daily basis. I don't know if it's a stupid question but a little help would be fab.

You can change every day if you want too. Hope it goes well for you.

i just stick to extra easy the whole time but i know people who swop and change on different days. i would suggest you pick one plan to see how it suits you then maybe try a different one? sorry im quite new at this too but im sure someone will be along soon who knows the whole story!

good luck x

Hopefully il give it ago, it will have to be the extra easy but I struggle so much remembering to incorporate the super free foods into my meals! Thank for the advice tho x

I think as you are new to it I would also just do one plan to start with and see how you go. I myself did S W many years ago when the only plans were red and green. I started with the ee this time but not good with veg so got to target on red and green. You have to stick to the same plan for the day if you do decide to mix things up a bit. Happy slimming :)

You're best getting to grips with EE first and then seeing if you want to add in red or green days. Personally I started SW originally on EE but after a while I tried green and found it fit in much better with my lifestyle. Now I do green with the occasional EE day. Plus, as my consultant says, when you swap round you have to keep going back to the book.

I am also slightly confused! I joined online 2 days ago but have previously been a group member when there were only red and green days and I could get my head around that it was easy! But from reading about EE I gather I can eat both as long as I have a boat load of veg with it?

I am also slightly confused! I joined online 2 days ago but have previously been a group member when there were only red and green days and I could get my head around that it was easy! But from reading about EE I gather I can eat both as long as I have a boat load of veg with it?

Lol yes basically! 1/3 of each meal needs to be superfree (fruit or veg) then all the foods that are free on green, plus all the foods that are free on red, plus the foods free on both such as eggs are also free. The 1/3 is there to help controlbyour portions of the other, more calorie dense foods. Hope this helps!

Thanks Scarlett, but now I don't understand why they still have red & green days? I now live in the Middle East so I feel the sun may have fried my brain, I just don't get it at all!

I think they still have red and green because it gives you further options. As I said, I myself have done red and green successfully to target and kept to target for 12 months! And ee just does not suit all. Well thats my take on it anyway :)

Red is great for people who prefer a lower carb diet. And green is great for vegetarians and vegans like me! I'm glad they have all three plans, there's something for everyone that way :)

I'm glad they have three. I struggle on ee because I need my two heb and I'm dreadful at getting 1/3 super free. Plus I rarely eat meat so green is great for me.

And I love both coz I like the two HEA and B as well. And as I said, I'm no good with veg and dont like salad. If there was only ee plan I would have fallen at the first hurdle and not lost 2.5 stone! One size does not fit all! Its just a pity I think that they dont mention the other plans at all when members join. It may well put some off if they think there is only the ee plan, but there again I suppose there is a little bit of literature on red and green plans in "the bible" :)

I think that's an advantage of going to group. You start to hear about the other two plans.

We had a stand in c last week, and one of the members mentioned when she used to do S W "when it was red and green days". The stand in c never said that they are still used at all. Its just as if S W really are just paying lip service to the other two plans now. I think eventually they may well stop publishing any literature about them which would be a great pity. Sometimes you just want plain old egg, chips and beans! Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant:hide:

i started with EE all time until knew the diet inside out lol. then may do 1 original & 1 green day rest EE x

I don't mind the rant I know exactly what you mean, I had an extra easy day but did just have egg and chips and trying to bulk it with veg made it completely unappealing! I'm ok with veg, but I tend to swap days depending on what I fancy and if I want the extra healthy extras, I've been golden but haven't lost today when I had my weigh in, just stayed the same, I'm gutted! So I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pick one! I think I may have to go to class but I cannot stand image therapy! It makes me completely embarrassed!

I don't know , I just find when everyone claps and you get asked all the questions completely uncomfortable, I think that's just my self confidence but I'm completely mortified when it's my turn, I love hearing everyone else tho. I actually know its ridiculous but I can't help it, I think I'm gona try and stick it out I know il get used to it

if it makes you uncomfortable you can have a word with your consultant and tell her how you feel, they are usually very good as they dont want anyone to feel awkward and ive heard from here about people c's skipping them then gradually getting them more involved a little at a time to build up confidence. might be worth a try x

Back