Extra Easy/Green/Normal differences

Belasta

My friend has been really thoughtful and as a gift, bought me various SW recipe books.
However, some of the books do not deal with extra easy plan but only normal and green.

A couple of the curry recipes are (green:1syn Normal:2 syns)
I was wondering if following EE, if I could use the stats for either green or normal or if I would have to break the recipes down and work out syn value for EE myself.

EE typically just uses the lower syn value of the two, as anything free on green and original will still be free on EE. The main difference is that EE doesn't restrict either meat (green) or carbs (red/normal/original depending on the age of the book!) which is where the syn differences between plans come from.

Having said that, those books will be quite old as EE has been around for a good few years now so it may be worth working out the syn values again just in case as they may have changed.

Also double check any recipes that use Healthy Extras as you get two of each on the old plans, but only one on EE. So they may be using those as part of the recipe (which would add up to 12 extra syns!) but this is usually stated so should be easy to spot.

Back