Extra Easy help

mama_mia

Silver Member
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place

On EE can I have a ryvita topped with say ham and cheese on it's own or do I have to have some superfree veg with it?

I want it as a snack so wld prefer to have it alone but am not sure if that's right.... Would I have to syn it if not?

I don't normally have hexa's and b's but want to incorporate them

You're supposed to:
i) have 1/3 superfree with every meal and
ii) snack on superfree as first choice where possible

but that doesnt mean you CAN'T have something just because it's not superfree - if you really want it go for it! As long as you've got your HEXes sorted and the rest of the day is plenty of superfree you'll be fine :)

PS meant to say - the point in the superfree is to reduce/limit the amount of free stuff/syns you have (cos they're higher in calories) so if having superfree with *isnt* going to make you eat any *less* of the Ryvita/cheese thing theres no point. If you ate eg 2 Ryvitas instead of 4 cos you were eating superfree too that would work - but if youre going to eat 4 anyway then its pointless to just add superfree for the sake of it.

Hi sorry to butt in, but im trying to get my head round this extra easy lark, im reading that the superfree foods, meat poulty and fish can be eaten freely anytime, anywhere. But then i read here and read to have it on a plate as a third? if its free why cant i fill my plate with it and a few bits of veg? i really need to get a grip lol.

Can one snack on these freebies all day and night and still loose weight?

Hi sorry to butt in, but im trying to get my head round this extra easy lark, im reading that the superfree foods, meat poulty and fish can be eaten freely anytime, anywhere. But then i read here and read to have it on a plate as a third? if its free why cant i fill my plate with it and a few bits of veg? i really need to get a grip lol.

Can one snack on these freebies all day and night and still loose weight?

I'm not sure, possibly to ensure a good balanced diet, low fat meat or fish with a spud or rice on its own is low in fat and healthy enough it just lacks all the vits and minerals they recommend us to consume. also its less likely you will over eat such foods that would no doubt cause weight game in excess

There are 3 groups of food on SW:

Free - proteins (meat, fish poultry etc) and carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta etc)
Superfree - most fruit & veg, with a few exceptions
Syns - which you have to count

The only thing you have to actually count is syns. Free and Superfree you can have as much as you need of.
BUT if you are doing Extra Easy you should have Superfree as 1/3 of every meal if possible (in order to reduce the volume of higher-calorie Free stuff you eat) You should also reach for Superfree first as snacks when you can.

Youre right that you can eat 'as much as you 'need' (not as much as you 'want') of Free food in that you dont have to count it - but firstly that doesnt mean you should just carry on eating for the sake of it. You should eat until youre full (and no more) And secondly you should still be reaching for Superfree first and padding your meals out with it.

Both are 'free' in the sense you *dont have to count them* but Superfree are what it says - Super-free, extra-free if you like, even better for you then free - so you need to make sure you have some of that at every meal and try to have it as your first choice for snacks when you can.

But that's on Extra Easy - theres also Red and Green plans to where the same rule applies as a recommendation but its a bit less strict as youre already limiting the free foods you eat buy using either carbs or meats as HEXes/syns only.

Id get your consultant to explain it again to you as getting enough superfree is really important, especially if youre following Extra Easy.

thanks for the up, i dont go to classes, i did a while back just before extra came out but im trying to go alone these days.

Ah right, well you can still follow the Green and Red plans like you did before if you want.

On Extra Easy you are allowed to eat free food from *both* Red and Green (you dont have to choose one and use the other as a HEX or syn it) - but because your not limiting it like that you have to i) eat 1/3 superfree (fruit/veg) with every meal to limit the amount of meat/carbs that you *are* eating, seeing as theyre not being limited in the same way they are on red/Green ii) you only get 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB (instead of 2 of each on the other plans)

think i got it now thanks, 1/3 superfree on the meal plates, only snack inbetween with superfree stuff use the 1 hxa & b and syn the rest.

Thanks for the answers guys. I think what you're saying is that I can have the ryvita and cheese.
I think I'll have it with some fruit so that it still follows the same principle though..

Cheers

Back