Extra Easy- New syn values?

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Hi all

Does anyone know if SW are planning on publishing new syn values based on EE?
I know currently we should take the lower syn value, but occasionally I know that the 'original' syn value consists of 'green' food
For example: A cottage pie may have 5 syns on green, but how much of that is due to SW counting the beef as syns?

Surely there will now be more free foods for those on EE? Again Sushi made from just fish and rice has a syn value on original or green, but I know it must be free on EE

Does this make sense to anyone- I feel like I am rambling :p lol.

Makes sense to me, know what you mean. Im going to ask on Thursday night at WI

Difficult one this!!
It would be interesting to see what SW come back with - like you say, for a ready meal cottage pie the green syns would be meat (mostly) and the red syns would be potato so in theory the only "real" syns on EE should be any gravy granules, thickeners etc.

Good question!!

hmmmmmmm sushi

I did wonder how they came to say take the lesser one but didn't want to ask as I am new lol. Oh well will go armed with that question next Mon when I wi.

Hiya girlies, us consultants are waiting to hear the same thing. We asked recently about ee recipes books and just got the reply to take the lower syn value but as you said sometimes this is down to meat allowance for instance.

And the sushi thing was the first thing I wondered also. When I last had it on the ee plan I did allow for the sesame seeds but otherwise I can't imagine why it wouldn't be free, would that be fab!!! And it's sooooo good for you too.

Hiya girlies, us consultants are waiting to hear the same thing. We asked recently about ee recipes books and just got the reply to take the lower syn value but as you said sometimes this is down to meat allowance for instance.

And the sushi thing was the first thing I wondered also. When I last had it on the ee plan I did allow for the sesame seeds but otherwise I can't imagine why it wouldn't be free, would that be fab!!! And it's sooooo good for you too.
Oooh it's great to have a consultant on here! Welcome, there are lots of arses that need regular kicking here x

I am feeling more confused over extra 'hard' easy now!!!lol

I think the only way to work out the "Easy" value for recipies that contain meat and carbs is to break it down into the component parts and check the sin value of each.

The easy plan is fantastic and gives you so much freedom - but I do think that slimming world have made it the exact opposite of easy for us. It really needs a proper book and recipies of its own not just a little leaflet.

However if it takes off in America (my consultant said it was designed to appeal to Americans who tend to struggle with the red & green - don't know if that's just a rumour though) I suspect things will then get better and hopefully future recipe books will contain sin values for Red/Green/Easy.

You are so right Holly. Needs a concise bookelt with it's own syn directory. I think they maybe launched it quickly to celebrate 40 years, but could have done better.

I do think that the lower syn value on things like cottage pie is actually lower, due to the two main components now being free. They need to work on making a dedicated eating out syn list and everything. extra 'hard' easy needs some more work methinks!

I just thought that my old ww cookbooks that I used on core would be suitable for the extra easy plan as the stuff is basically the same that you are allowed. I will just have to see if any ingredients are a syn and then put them into calculator to see how many.

Oooh it's great to have a consultant on here! Welcome, there are lots of arses that need regular kicking here x

LOL!!! Well anything I can help with I'm only too happy to. I'm struggling at the moment with my own weight so I'm learning loads from you all, it's so nice to get that mid week support and everyone seems so helpful and lovely!!

Reactions: Taz
Hi angelslice I attended an opportunity meeting last week and want to become a consultant. I'm aiming for the summer when my weight will be lower. My first goal is to lose another stone by the end of may.

LOL!!! Well anything I can help with I'm only too happy to. I'm struggling at the moment with my own weight so I'm learning loads from you all, it's so nice to get that mid week support and everyone seems so helpful and lovely!!

Fantastic hun!! It's such a great job and you get to meet so many amazing and inspirational people. Just went to a sw event and had my pic taken with Jeremy Edwards, doesn't get much better than that!!

Oooh lucky you!!

We had Brian Semple visit a few weeks back and he was such a lovely man. He was the male loser of the year last year and has lost 15 stone. His story is in the current SW mag. I had him sign my book for luck!

Back