1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy: Oat bran as a healthy extra B? Low fat natural yogurt for HexA

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by MadHatLady, 21 May 2014 Social URL.

1. MadHatLady

MadHatLady New Member

Hi can I use Oat bran as a healthy extra B?

I like to mix this with low fat natural yogurt (1.3 % fat)as my breakfast every day (this is from when I used to follow the Dukan diet 3 years ago and it is still my cereal of choice I add a tsp of Splenda and a flavouring of choice from my Dukan flavourings which I love). My yogurt then counts as my HexA for the day...
    Is this ok?:confused: I don't do cereal bars as i find them too sweet.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

I've just checked on the sw website and unfortunately you cant - I used to love making the Dukan gallettes for brekkie using oat bran.

Its 4.5 syns for 25g

4. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

And the yoghurt either needs to be one of the free variety or, if not, it needs to be synned

5. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

I have 35g porridge oats (hexb) and a ff yoghurt for breakfast most mornings. Depending on the yoghurt ill add different fruits (and 0.5syn for flavoured ff yog) e.g yesterday I had lemon yoghurt with chopped strawberries, or vanilla yoghurt with banana is good.
    Oats are a bit more textured than the bran but I prefer is- found bran 'claggy' if you know what I mean? Lol x

6. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

You can use 5 oatbran (scan bran) as a HE B. These are allowed on SW and are a type of crispbread. Fat free natural yogurt is free!

When I followed Dukan, I did this. I just soaked the oatbran in a little boiled water to soften and then stirred in the yogurt.

Mini likes this.
  7. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

Ooh do you think I could do this and then add the eggs to make the gallettes? Have got some oat scanbran somewhere

8. lentil2

Don't see why not! Go for it!

9. MadHatLady

MadHatLady New Member

That's a shame as I actually prefer oat bran to other cereals, I do syn my low fat yogurt so have counted these i don't use flavoured ones as they are full of sugar. just i would rather use the lowfat yogurt as a healthy extra rather than cheese, ( i like proper cheese not dairylea and laughing cow...So i have cheese in my syns...

10. lentil2

You can have 'real' cheese as a HE A ! HE A aren't just dairylea, laughing cow etc.