1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy Question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by NatalieBxx, 17 June 2011 Social URL.

1. NatalieBxx

NatalieBxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I think this may a really stupid question but on extra easy they say fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree, so if you have spag bol its ok to fill the spag bol with lots of superfree stuff but not have to have say a salad on the side?

Also, say for breakfast I would have scrambled egg n beans, do this mean I should have some mushrooms and tomatoes with it to make sure I get my superfree quota with that meal?

Sorry if these are really dumb questions but I'm just wondering

Thanks x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HelsAngel

HelsAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi there,

That's exactly how I understand it. If there's a third superfree in your meal, you're sorted.

I found it weird because I thought, if i was full on say Spag Bol, to make it count on EE, I'd have to force a salad down too. That's not the point. I think it's more about having the superfree to bulk out the meal so you ultimately eat less of the free (or not free!) foods.

Like a portion controller. Have this much free stuff, you can reduce the size of your regular meal.

Hope this helps. I am new(ish) as well so if that's wrong, someone will correct me!
  4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Yeah that's right. Like if you're making a chicken curry you have a portion of chicken, a portion of rice, then your curry is bulked out with Superfree by making it with onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, whatever. As long as a third of your meal is *made of* superfree food that's all that matters.

Or, if you can't think of much superfree stuff to put *in* your meal you can serve veggies or fruit on the side - but if you do this you ought to eat the superfree stuff first and at the very least calculate it so that the non-superfree meal portion-size is no bigger than two thirds of a plate. (It's no good filling your plate with meat and rice/potatoes and then eating fruit on the side *AS WELL* ;) ) The superfree stuff is to control the portion size of the other stuff.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.