Extra Easy Question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by NatalieBxx, 17 June 2011 Social URL.

1. NatalieBxx

NatalieBxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think this may a really stupid question but on extra easy they say fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree, so if you have spag bol its ok to fill the spag bol with lots of superfree stuff but not have to have say a salad on the side?

Also, say for breakfast I would have scrambled egg n beans, do this mean I should have some mushrooms and tomatoes with it to make sure I get my superfree quota with that meal?

Sorry if these are really dumb questions but I'm just wondering

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HelsAngel

HelsAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    Hi there,

That's exactly how I understand it. If there's a third superfree in your meal, you're sorted.

I found it weird because I thought, if i was full on say Spag Bol, to make it count on EE, I'd have to force a salad down too. That's not the point. I think it's more about having the superfree to bulk out the meal so you ultimately eat less of the free (or not free!) foods.

Like a portion controller. Have this much free stuff, you can reduce the size of your regular meal.

Hope this helps. I am new(ish) as well so if that's wrong, someone will correct me!

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yeah that's right. Like if you're making a chicken curry you have a portion of chicken, a portion of rice, then your curry is bulked out with Superfree by making it with onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, whatever. As long as a third of your meal is *made of* superfree food that's all that matters.

Or, if you can't think of much superfree stuff to put *in* your meal you can serve veggies or fruit on the side - but if you do this you ought to eat the superfree stuff first and at the very least calculate it so that the non-superfree meal portion-size is no bigger than two thirds of a plate. (It's no good filling your plate with meat and rice/potatoes and then eating fruit on the side *AS WELL* ;) ) The superfree stuff is to control the portion size of the other stuff.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.