extra easy. Replacement for chorizo

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by teresa32uk, 19 March 2010 Social URL.

1. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I need some help and i knew the place to come.
    I have found a lovely recipe for a slow cooked tomato chickpea cassorole, however it uses chorizo.
    Any ideas what i could replace it with?
    I on extra easy.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Chorizo is not actually that bad for syns. I believe 28g is 2.5 syns so if you double that and have 5 syns for hte whole dish, divided between 4 people then it's only just over a syn per person.

It depends on how much chorizo the recipe calls for but I personally always use it as it adds so much nice flavour and I think it's worth the syns!

4. frugal fifer

frugal fifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ditto Stacey, I was surprised myself on how low it was, going to tweak the chicken and chorizo paella in Gordon Ramsays World Food this week.

5. elissa_and_neil

elissa_and_neil Full Member

You could use a syn free brand of plain pork sausages and spice them up with cayenne pepper, tiny bit of chilli and lots of paprika? I believe the rich red colour in chorizo comes from these spices.

You could also blitz all of the above in a blender, and form into meatballs and fry before adding to your dish. This should give the right flavour I think. ;)

6. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I will give this a try and see how the recipe goes, i will let you all know in due course. I knew someone on here would be able to help, this is such a great place to come for help and support.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.