Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

extra easy. Replacement for chorizo

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by teresa32uk, 19 March 2010 Social URL.

1. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I need some help and i knew the place to come.
    I have found a lovely recipe for a slow cooked tomato chickpea cassorole, however it uses chorizo.
    Any ideas what i could replace it with?
    I on extra easy.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Chorizo is not actually that bad for syns. I believe 28g is 2.5 syns so if you double that and have 5 syns for hte whole dish, divided between 4 people then it's only just over a syn per person.

It depends on how much chorizo the recipe calls for but I personally always use it as it adds so much nice flavour and I think it's worth the syns!

4. frugal fifer

frugal fifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ditto Stacey, I was surprised myself on how low it was, going to tweak the chicken and chorizo paella in Gordon Ramsays World Food this week.

5. elissa_and_neil

elissa_and_neil Full Member

You could use a syn free brand of plain pork sausages and spice them up with cayenne pepper, tiny bit of chilli and lots of paprika? I believe the rich red colour in chorizo comes from these spices.

You could also blitz all of the above in a blender, and form into meatballs and fry before adding to your dish. This should give the right flavour I think. ;)

6. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I will give this a try and see how the recipe goes, i will let you all know in due course. I knew someone on here would be able to help, this is such a great place to come for help and support.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.