"Complete Nutrition" brands to use for phase one of "Life Without Diabetes"

greelyi

Professor Roy Taylor's book "Life without Diabetes" offers a possibility of reversing Type 2 diabetes through diet and weight loss.

Step one involves an 8 week weight loss phase.

• The goal is to lose 15 Kilos in the 8 week programme and then start going back to more sustainable weight maintenance meals.

• The text indicates that liquid diets are acceptable for this but that it must be complete nutrition as opposed to meal replacement.

• This should ideally be in the form of 4 X packets to replace daily meals.

My hope is that Minimins will help me find a cost effective and boredom avoiding suitable meal plan.

Cost is a factor and I will give myself a few weeks to work myself up to starting this.

Is there an existing forum that meets my goals? Or does anyone have any experience with this "diet" or complete nutrition dietary products.

Thanking you in advance for suggestions, replies and observations.

Ian

Professor Roy Taylor's book "Life without Diabetes" offers a possibility of reversing Type 2 diabetes through diet and weight loss.

Step one involves an 8 week weight loss phase.

• The goal is to lose 15 Kilos in the 8 week programme and then start going back to more sustainable weight maintenance meals.

• The text indicates that liquid diets are acceptable for this but that it must be complete nutrition as opposed to meal replacement.

• This should ideally be in the form of 4 X packets to replace daily meals.

My hope is that Minimins will help me find a cost effective and boredom avoiding suitable meal plan.

Cost is a factor and I will give myself a few weeks to work myself up to starting this.

Is there an existing forum that meets my goals? Or does anyone have any experience with this "diet" or complete nutrition dietary products.

Thanking you in advance for suggestions, replies and observations.

Ian
Hi there are various to try. I did lipotrim 14 years ago but there weren’t a lot of options then.

I am currently doing lighterlife life and like quite a few of the meals (lipotrim it was a battle to take each sachet).

it is expensive though, Howe there is a sale on to the 15th worth trying then to see what you think!

I’ve bought a few new you plan packs also only liked 2 of them but much cheaper on a regular basis.

Hi there are various to try. I did lipotrim 14 years ago but there weren’t a lot of options then.

I am currently doing lighterlife life and like quite a few of the meals (lipotrim it was a battle to take each sachet).

it is expensive though, Howe there is a sale on to the 15th worth trying then to see what you think!

I’ve bought a few new you plan packs also only liked 2 of them but much cheaper on a regular basis.
Thank you for your reply Shrinkingvioletnomore.

I think I will be one willing to learn from other's experience and avoid lipotrim upon your description. From what I can see online Slim & Save do 28 day packs that are sufficient for 4 weeks at £130.00. That would bring an 8 week program to £260.00. This does not seem prohibitively expensive considering that the food bill should be very minor while following the plan.

Thanks for letting me know about the lighterlife sale on Tuesday. I shall make a point to visit and explore what options are available.

Signing off now to try and figure out how to edit my old Slimming World awards from my signature. I seem to have lost all memory of it.

Kind regards,
Ian

Thank you for your reply Shrinkingvioletnomore.

I think I will be one willing to learn from other's experience and avoid lipotrim upon your description. From what I can see online Slim & Save do 28 day packs that are sufficient for 4 weeks at £130.00. That would bring an 8 week program to £260.00. This does not seem prohibitively expensive considering that the food bill should be very minor while following the plan.

Thanks for letting me know about the lighterlife sale on Tuesday. I shall make a point to visit and explore what options are available.

Signing off now to try and figure out how to edit my old Slimming World awards from my signature. I seem to have lost all memory of it.

Kind regards,
Ian
No problem- truthfully I wouldn’t commit anymore to a several week subscription until I’ve tried and few of each of the plans meals and decide if I want to stick with one or mix and match x

No problem- truthfully I wouldn’t commit anymore to a several week subscription until I’ve tried and few of each of the plans meals and decide if I want to stick with one or mix and match x
I just ordered "VLCD Taster Pack - All you need to start including Free Shaker" for £30 off Slim & Save.

This will allow me to try each of the shakes before I start the 8 week cycle in earnest.

Kind regards,
Ian

hey you can make up new emails to avail of the offer 😂
The pack came today.

I can attest that the Crispy Caramel Flavour Bar was delish!

Later I plan to try the Chilli Con Carne meal.

For ordering further "new user" packs, I expect that a new Credit Card and Delivery Address might be required in addition to an email address.
Though I might be over thinking that.

Kind regards,
Ian

The pack came today.

I can attest that the Crispy Caramel Flavour Bar was delish!

Later I plan to try the Chilli Con Carne meal.

For ordering further "new user" packs, I expect that a new Credit Card and Delivery Address might be required in addition to an email address.
Though I might be over thinking that.

Kind regards,
Ian
Lol use PayPal the next time

I've tried most of the less expensive ones Exante, New You & S&S. I prefer New You & S&S, being slightly smaller packs than Exante, they are less calories and carbs probably from the days when vlcd meal replacement packs were 600 ish a day, so on my 800 days i use 3 packs without extra milk (they creamy enough) and get approx 300-400 cals to use for an evening meal. they both do good starter packs but you dont get to choose if your not keen on some flavours or have allergies. New You does good discounts on individual packs from time to time and S&S does good discounts on some bulk packs. I also take a basic multi-vitamin just to cover any shortfall.
Good luck with the losses :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back