Extra Easy SP New Plan

I did it for a week and it wasn't too bad!! I lost 2.5lbs which was great for me as I had been steadily having STS or a loss of just 0.5 or 1lb a week and I wanted to try SP for a boost.

I didn't miss having things like rice/potatoes/pasta with my meals as much as I thought I would but then I rarely eat pasta or potatoes, my vice is the rice!! I loved being able to have two HeBs as I almost always have my full allowance of that with my morning porridge. It meant I could have some wholemeal bread with a curry in the evening or a burger in a roll without having to syn it.

The main downside was that at times it did feel like I was on a diet, which SW doesn't usually make me feel. Having said that, I would quite happily incorporate SP into my plan though, maybe not for a full week but just a couple of days each week. In fact, doing my meal plan for next week today I've unintentionally made almost all my evening meals SP-friendly so something there must work for me.

I did it for a week and it wasn't too bad!! I lost 2.5lbs which was great for me as I had been steadily having STS or a loss of just 0.5 or 1lb a week and I wanted to try SP for a boost.

I didn't miss having things like rice/potatoes/pasta with my meals as much as I thought I would but then I rarely eat pasta or potatoes, my vice is the rice!! I loved being able to have two HeBs as I almost always have my full allowance of that with my morning porridge. It meant I could have some wholemeal bread with a curry in the evening or a burger in a roll without having to syn it.

The main downside was that at times it did feel like I was on a diet, which SW doesn't usually make me feel. Having said that, I would quite happily incorporate SP into my plan though, maybe not for a full week but just a couple of days each week. In fact, doing my meal plan for next week today I've unintentionally made almost all my evening meals SP-friendly so something there must work for me.

Very interesting - congrats on the bigger weight loss. But it will be slow and steady, that what i found for the last four months and now i'm not loosing anything. Really happy to be maintaining, but i still need the support so i'm using the forum more and more to keep me going.
The one thing i've always liked about Slimming World is never feeling like i'm dieting or depriving myself. So it its interesting that you say that.

Thanks for sharing,
Lee

I've only done a couple of days of SP but know that I couldn't do more than that as I enjoy carbs with my main meal - it doesn't seem like a proper dinner without! I had cauliflower "rice" with my curry which I quite enjoyed.

Don't think I'll bother with SP again but just wanted to try it to see if it did make any difference but 2 days was definitely enough and I only lost 0.5lb that week, the same as usual!

With regard to yoghurt - you can have it on SP but it has to be the synned ones and not things like Total 0 or Mullerlight.

Denise

I've only done a couple of days of SP but know that I couldn't do more than that as I enjoy carbs with my main meal - it doesn't seem like a proper dinner without! I had cauliflower "rice" with my curry which I quite enjoyed.

Don't think I'll bother with SP again but just wanted to try it to see if it did make any difference but 2 days was definitely enough and I only lost 0.5lb that week, the same as usual!

With regard to yoghurt - you can have it on SP but it has to be the synned ones and not things like Total 0 or Mullerlight.

Denise

There is a lot of negativity out there regarding this plan. I'm wondering if its just people who are used to the 'old' plans or if the newer members have some other views.

I think it is probably because people aren't clear about what it is.

It is not the main long-term SW plan, it is a short-term, quick boost, plan - a little bit like the old Success Express. People are saying that it is too restrictive, but it is supposed to be restrictive, that's the point, and there is no real need for anyone to be doing it at all if they don't want to.

And from what I hear, part of the problem may be in the way that SP was presented to members in class when it first came out.

I think it is probably because people aren't clear about what it is.

It is not the main long-term SW plan, it is a short-term, quick boost, plan - a little bit like the old Success Express. People are saying that it is too restrictive, but it is supposed to be restrictive, that's the point, and there is no real need for anyone to be doing it at all if they don't want to.

And from what I hear, part of the problem may be in the way that SP was presented to members in class when it first came out.

Could be, i'm not too sure how it has been presented. I don't agree with the idea of it being a quick boost that is planned to be restrictive - i thought the whole idea of slimming world is to not feel deprived or like you are on the diet. After all, isn't it promoted that its a lifestyle choice not a diet. If people are feeling deprived then they won't stick to it and that's where the problems kick in. I think it kind of gives a bad impression of slimming world if you need to be like that to gain 'greater losses' or 'boosts'.

Maybe its just me set in my ways, i lost 5 stone 7lbs and exceeded my goal weight, without putting any on and loosing every week (with a few maintained weeks). I followed the EE plan and never felt deprived or anything. To me, that works - if i had 'boosted' and felt 'deprived' i know what i am like and i would have given up or had weeks of gain.

I understand its there to support, maybe challenge - add a bit of different or whatever, but i personally feel no-one should ever feel deprived - that is not a life style choice i feel anyone should have to make. Maybe its just me feeling a bit weird about it - i never even knew about Success Express either, so to me it wasn't something spoken about too often - perhaps its just a way of revamping that to help some people who are struggling.

The views on this are quite interesting

Lee

Back