Extra Easy SP New Plan

I don't like the way SW have promoted SP. As said above, they've always had a booster plan in the form of Success Express previously, but the bit that gets me about SP is that they encourage you to not only do it for a week, but, if you "like the results", to carry on but have an extra HEXA or a yoghurt a day.

I can't honestly see why they've suggested why you should follow it for a whole week never mind longer, particularly when they have put so much emphasis on healthy, filling free foods like potatoes, rice and pasta before on the regular EE plan.

I tried SP for a week and saw no difference in my losses.

I haven't - might have to. I have the weight watchers ones at 1/2 syn but once i've had them - i'm then bored quickly, not something i can have too often. I might have to try them. I like the quorn ones cuz i can just pull them from the freezer and hey presto - sorted. I like things simple lol

You can cook any sausages from frozen. So you could have the WW ones and then freeze what you don't want and then just take them from the freezer and cook them like you do Quorn ones!

Thank you. I am old school and don't understand this EE stuff. I followed the good old green plan and lost 6.5lbs that week (I did put on 9lbs in between though!)

Absolutely, well done, on such a brilliant weight-loss, Curly.Locks! However, not meaning to detract from such an amazing loss, believe me, but this sort of weight loss happens on quite a regular basis when just doing the ordinary EE plan and, in the past, the Red and Green days. What I mean to say is that, after the first week, there is usually a large weight loss and so I don't think this can just be put down to doing the SP plan.

Kathy

It'll be interesting to see how people get on with this plan, over the coming weeks.

I am interested too.... i remember the first four or five weeks loosing between 7lbs and 5ls each week and that was just ordinary EE.

Thank you. I am old school and don't understand this EE stuff. I followed the good old green plan and lost 6.5lbs that week (I did put on 9lbs in between though!)

I reckon a lot of people are sticking with what they know from what a lot of people are saying.

I'm about to start a week of SP. I'm not convinced I will manage a full week but will give it a go

I'm about to start a week of SP. I'm not convinced I will manage a full week but will give it a go

Good luck, hope you get some benefits - let us all know how you get on.

I managed 2 and a half days before I started struggling. It's difficult when you're buying your lunches during the working week as you're pretty much left with the option of a salad and...that's it. I'd also started to get ratty, I need my carbs!

Also I didn't see much of a weight loss, only lost 0.5lbs that week and was very disappointed.

I managed 2 and a half days before I started struggling. It's difficult when you're buying your lunches during the working week as you're pretty much left with the option of a salad and...that's it. I'd also started to get ratty, I need my carbs!

Also I didn't see much of a weight loss, only lost 0.5lbs that week and was very disappointed.

Wow that is quite disappointing them - what a shame. I'm seeing quite a lot of negative feedback on the plan, what a shame!

I haven't tried SP myself yet as I just love my carbs too much but a friend of mine did it for 2 weeks and she gained 2lbs in the first week and then lost 3.5lbs the following week. For me, those kind of numbers just put me off as I know I can lose 3.5lbs anyway on EE if I have a good week!

I also struggle to understand how it can be ok to use syns on chocolate and crisps but you can't eat a low fat yoghurt, Quorn sausages etc as they are only 'free'. I follow SW as I want to change my eating habits for life and I know SP is not the way to achieve that!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I haven't tried SP myself yet as I just love my carbs too much but a friend of mine did it for 2 weeks and she gained 2lbs in the first week and then lost 3.5lbs the following week. For me, those kind of numbers just put me off as I know I can lose 3.5lbs anyway on EE if I have a good week!

I also struggle to understand how it can be ok to use syns on chocolate and crisps but you can't eat a low fat yoghurt, Quorn sausages etc as they are only 'free'. I follow SW as I want to change my eating habits for life and I know SP is not the way to achieve that!

Interesting put, i like it too! I don't understand the differences either but i know i'm happy on EE and will avoid SP at all costs!

Think its because they say there are no syn values available for free food. Though if you knew the calorie count then you could syn using the 1 syn per 20 calories rule. SW probably worried about complicating things and using the dreaded "calorie" word so they say you cant have them?

There's been so many mixed reviews about the SP plan... I personally haven't done it at all, I'm a massive EE fan, and it worked for me brilliantly in the past.
There was a woman in my group that did it for an entire week and lost 5lbs, but then she did exactly the same plan the following week and maintained, much to her disappointment!
I'd rather stick to EE as you can have a bit of everything and not have to avoid anything :)

There's been so many mixed reviews about the SP plan... I personally haven't done it at all, I'm a massive EE fan, and it worked for me brilliantly in the past.
There was a woman in my group that did it for an entire week and lost 5lbs, but then she did exactly the same plan the following week and maintained, much to her disappointment!
I'd rather stick to EE as you can have a bit of everything and not have to avoid anything :)

I agree, its so simple and effective and you instantly know the results. I've followed EE for the past year and a bit and never had a week where i gained... ever! I think that speaks volumes for SW and for EE plan

There will always be differences about new plans that are introduced. It was the same when EE was first brought out. There was uproar about mixing foods because it was the exact opposite of what the red and green plans were at the time and what SW had always been. Infact, there are still a lot of people that don't like/don't agree with it.... I am one one of them! I am old school and SW, for me will always be red and green days. Yes I have the odd EE day but it doesn't work for me like the old plans do....fact.
Of course, there are the people that know no difference, that joined when EE was already in full swing and think that EE is the best thing since sliced bread ( mmmmm, sliced bread! )
Give it while and I expect the new plan will be 'just another plan' and the more new members that join that know absolutely nothing about the old style SW will think nothing of it!

There will always be differences about new plans that are introduced. It was the same when EE was first brought out. There was uproar about mixing foods because it was the exact opposite of what the red and green plans were at the time and what SW had always been. Infact, there are still a lot of people that don't like/don't agree with it.... I am one one of them! I am old school and SW, for me will always be red and green days. Yes I have the odd EE day but it doesn't work for me like the old plans do....fact.
Of course, there are the people that know no difference, that joined when EE was already in full swing and think that EE is the best thing since sliced bread ( mmmmm, sliced bread! )
Give it while and I expect the new plan will be 'just another plan' and the more new members that join that know absolutely nothing about the old style SW will think nothing of it!

Very nicely put, its a shame that the older plans, that work fine! Have been phased out. I for one love EE and joined as it was gaining in popularity.... i couldn't get on with Red or Green, mostly because i am a massive fuss pot when it comes to vegetables and that it can be quite boring eating the same thing over and over again as well as too much meat based stuff upsets my stomach (and for me bank balance a bit too). I tried doing just a mix of Red and Green but found it easier to do EE. I think with the right support out there which ever plan you go with - it clearly works and has impacts. Maybe something new will come along that people will love and switch too or maybe people will just stick to what they know. I guess its nice to have a variety, what i don't like is as much as i don't follow Red/Green it shouldn't be forgotten about or no longer considered, which i think some people/consultants have done.....

Hope that makes sense

Very nicely put, its a shame that the older plans, that work fine! Have been phased out. I for one love EE and joined as it was gaining in popularity.... i couldn't get on with Red or Green, mostly because i am a massive fuss pot when it comes to vegetables and that it can be quite boring eating the same thing over and over again as well as too much meat based stuff upsets my stomach (and for me bank balance a bit too). I tried doing just a mix of Red and Green but found it easier to do EE. I think with the right support out there which ever plan you go with - it clearly works and has impacts. Maybe something new will come along that people will love and switch too or maybe people will just stick to what they know. I guess its nice to have a variety, what i don't like is as much as i don't follow Red/Green it shouldn't be forgotten about or no longer considered, which i think some people/consultants have done.....

Hope that makes sense

Definately agree with this! I think it's great to be able to swap and change to whatever plan suits on the day. Also stops the boredom from setting in and keeps things fresh.
It's unfortunate that those who don't know about the red/green plans can't shake things up if they get stuck x

Definately agree with this! I think it's great to be able to swap and change to whatever plan suits on the day. Also stops the boredom from setting in and keeps things fresh.
It's unfortunate that those who don't know about the red/green plans can't shake things up if they get stuck x

Exactly, its good to know what works and make it suit you. That's something i've always liked about slimming world there are no restrictions so to speak - if i want pasta, i can have it, if i decide rice is better - following EE means i can do. I always plan out my meals, but sometimes i do change especially if i'm not in the mood.
Hope everyone is enjoying the plans and share any tips you may have

So I tried SP. I stuck to it rigidly and lost 4 lbs which I am delighted with BUT I struggled with it. I really missed having bananas and grapes, I REALLY missed yogurt and found it difficult finding things to accompany meals instead of potatoes and pasta (I don't like much veg). I would probably try it again if my weight loss really slowed down but not something I could do regularly. I have just finished a massive bowl of strawberries blueberries and grapes with yogurt which I enjoyed so much I think I may have another - just because I can :p

So I tried SP. I stuck to it rigidly and lost 4 lbs which I am delighted with BUT I struggled with it. I really missed having bananas and grapes, I REALLY missed yogurt and found it difficult finding things to accompany meals instead of potatoes and pasta (I don't like much veg). I would probably try it again if my weight loss really slowed down but not something I could do regularly. I have just finished a massive bowl of strawberries blueberries and grapes with yogurt which I enjoyed so much I think I may have another - just because I can :p

I like it lol, well... well done you for sorting it out and sticking to it! I couldn't do it so enjoy the many many luxuries of EE again!

Lee

Back