Extra Lean Mince - no longer lean!!

I'm not sure why you think they are incompetent - its a question of supply and demand surely. If not enough people buy it then they will stop selling it and sell something else instead because they are a business and not a charity

Totally agree!

At the end of the day 'mince' is usually a cheap way of buying meat, and obviously the lower the fat content the more expensive it becomes, putting the extra lean mince out of a lot of peoples budgets.
Logically thinking about it, the lean cuts on a cow are far greater than that of a Pig, Lamb, chicken or even turkey, which is why extra lean beef mince is widely available and the others practically non-existent.

Circes said:
I'm not sure why you think they are incompetent - its a question of supply and demand surely. If not enough people buy it then they will stop selling it and sell something else instead because they are a business and not a charity

And if they don't offer it in the first place?

It amazes me how much we believe that what the supermarket offers is all there is

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

But they have and do offer it - Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury have all offered extra lean beef mince.

Trust me I am under no illusion that supermarkets are the be all and end all, but for some people they are the only place they have. No transport? No time to trawl round lots of different shops? No local shops (not just due to influx of supermarkets)? - then you shop where it is convenient. And if that is the local Tesco then what are your options?

I remember seeing on the news they were stopping leaner cuts of meat being used as mince because of the effect it has on farmers and that he supermarkets were doing the farmers out of money as obviously the meat is worth a lot more as a cut.

i bought the slimming world mag to try and they've said sainsburys extra lean turkey breast mince is the only turkey mince which is free. Ive bought it before & is available. Hope that helps

Back