Extra vitamins?

Mirjam

Never Ever Give Up!
I was just wondering if we need to take extra vitamins with our shakes?

No hun.. Everything you need nutritionally is in your daily shakes, and that is why it is important you make sure you have all of them x x

Thanks SlimmerSu for being so helpful! x

I take a Vit B12, and Vit c...but thats just by choice...I never really asked about if I should or Shouldn't take them...but so far i'm still here..but those vits are just for Tiredness..

I was just going to ask the same question. Would it be ok to keep taking the multivits? :)

Being a total food replacement, Lipotrim contains everything you need nutritionally to remain healthy - including trace minerals and essential fatty acids, etc.

Good luck :) xx

Actually, this thread worries me a little, as vitamin overdose can be very serious. Lipotrim is already giving you 100% of all you need, so if you add in another supplement, which is also giving 100% (or more in some cases), then taken over a sustained period of time, you really could cause yourself harm :(

The human body can withstand only so much of one type of vitamin. There can be deadly results from consuming extreme amounts of vitamins. There are many vitamins and minerals the body needs to be healthy. The vitamins that the body can not store such as vitamin C, are the vitamins that the human body needs and could use extra amounts. The vitamins the body does store like vitamins E, A and D can be taken to the extreme of causing a vitamin overdose.

The human body only needs one or two milligrams of vitamin B6 per day, but they are sold in one-gram quantities. When taking this dose of vitamin B6 only take one table every two days and drink plenty of water. If an overdose of vitamin B6 occurs it could cause serious damage, it could cause sensory control and motor control loss.

Vitamin E is another vitamin that is often mistreated. There are extreme side effects of consuming more than the body can absorb. The body’s system only needs one hundred to three hundred milligrams of vitamin E per day. There are vitamin supplements on the market that are sold to help grow nails and hair. These are often abused, you need only to take one tablet per day, and consume at least eight glasses of water per day. If an overdose of vitamin E occurs it could cause blood clots, fatigue, tumors in the breast, and reproductive problems.

Consumers are unaware of the dangers of vitamins A and D. Most people take vitamins A and D they same way they take vitamin C. The only difference is that if vitamin C is taken in excess it is passed through the kidneys and flushed out of the body. But vitamins A and D are stored in the body’s fat and the liver, causing sever consequences. By consuming extreme amounts of vitamins A and D, it could result in Cirrhosis of the liver, fatigue and dry and itchy skin.

Wow, am taking nothing else other than the Vit C..I have looked into the taking of these Vits and Discussed it with my doctor, who said it was okay to take them with the Meds i'm currently on..But thanks for the Eye opener there JAYNE....

Thanks for that Jayne, wont take anything else then! Ooops :) x

The thing is, I don't want to scaremonger, and the chances are you won't be overdosing, BUT I just didn't want this thread to go down the route whereby it was considered there would be no risk if you did take anything extra. There is a risk and Lipotrim gives you all you need, so unless advised by your own doctor (who of course should be listened to over and above any advice given on a forum), then I don't think it's worth the risk to take anything else just because we perceive vitamins to be healthy. They are, but not in excess ;)

Anyhow, I'll shut up and get off my soap box now lol :)

xx

Thanks Jayne, I already decided not to start taking any supplements but really appreciate all your comments :) x

Back