Extra water = extra weight loss. True??

Katie_31

Hi, just wanted to know if you drink more water, will u lose more weight? I know the phrase 'the more u drink, the more u shrink' has circulated on here before, but i was just wondering how true it was, -like has anybody upped their water intake and found that they lost more weight?
I try to drink 6-7 litres but some days i just dont feel like it and only manage 2-3. Will it make a difference?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi, just wanted to know if you drink more water, will u lose more weight? I know the phrase 'the more u drink, the more u shrink' has circulated on here before, but i was just wondering how true it was, -like has anybody upped their water intake and found that they lost more weight?
I try to drink 6-7 litres but some days i just dont feel like it and only manage 2-3. Will it make a difference?

Iv never tested this theory but some people swear by the power of water, but to be honest I really struggling with the drinking, always have done.

bm2lm xx

ermmm not sure
i dont seem to manage more than 3litres a day
i`m only 5ft tall so any more and i think i`d burst but many have said it does help shift the weight
just look at nats loss and she drinks loads

xx

Hi Kate,

I have test the more water you drink the more shrink. I upped my water to 5lt a day. I was bloated, uncomfortable and miserable:cry: . That week was my worst weight loss ever 1/2lb. I went back to my more managable 3lt.

Everyones different and some swear by the more you drink the more you shrink. If it work for them thats great :) .

I haven't noticed with any of the people that come to me either. Most are happy to drink between 3-4lt.

CDC
Sim

hiya, well i do really try with the water but never go past 5.5 litres really, the thing i find is that when i space out the drinking throughout the day i lose a pound or so more those weeks, so i think having water consistantly through the day helps , but not totally convinced that 5 litres is any better than 4 if you know what i mean
drink half a litre at a time spread right through the day, it helps me anyway:)
nat x

Gawd! I would say 3 - 4 litres a day is enough, apparently you can flood yourself of vital body minerals and things like that if you have too much!

I do believe though, that the more you drink the more you shrink as you are flushing out all the bad stuff and when I stopped before, i carried on drinking all the water and it kept my weight down!

I was curious about this too. I have been drinking 3-5 lites for the past 3 days because i thought it would help my weight loss but i have only lost 5lbs after getting weighed today. This is my first week so maybe it will change. But my CDC said that it could be water retention which made me have a small weightloss. So maybe i should stick to 4 pints??:confused:

I dont know, i'll see how next week goes.

xx

too much

Hi there,
:fyi:
You don't really need that amount of water. As a previous thread said too much dilutes the nutrients that your body needs. 3 - 4ltrs per day is enough to keep everything working ship shape

Plus a pint of water weighs a pounds and a quarter (on weigh days!!!)...I drink approx 4-5 litres, but it does depend on the day and where I am, in work i find it easier drinking water, as it gets me away from my desk to get it and go the loo... but at home if I am out and about I struggle... end up taking loads of little bottles in the bottom of my pushchair..!I think it is very individual as long as you are having the required 4 pints, if you want more drink it, if you don't don't...Love

just wanted to point out that I am 6 ft 2 and on 4 packs so i do need more water than people who are not so tall, it is true too much water is bad, and agree that 4 litres should be well enough for the average person

my CD told me if you drink 2 much water you can flush out all the vitimins, nutruments, and minierals your body needs and make your kidneys work over time. Has anyone else been told this? Ive have been told that 5lts is plenty! mabie 2 much!

Mike24 did a little experiment with the water.....and it increased his losses. His diary will be in the diary sections somewhere.

I have a hunch Mr Icemoose did it too......

As a CDC, i have to admit that in average, people drinking more water ( usually around 6 lts) tend to lose more weight as compared to people drinking around 2lt.

All i can say, is drink up if u can, dont drink a whole swiming pool, but usually 2-4 lt on sole source is a good range.

thanks, nice post Lenwie

I just wanted to add, that I read somewhere before doing this diet, that your body can only handle 1 litre of water per hour (that is all the kidneys can process). So not sure what happens if you drink more than that in an hour....

Can't find on internet the original article, but will try during my lunch break to source it!

Back