Extremely Fed up & thinking of drastic measures :(

Hey guys, Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Haven`t been here for awhile cos didn`t wanna be a whingy old bag :rolleyes:

Some of the old members will remember that when I tried Xenical last year, I didn`t really lose much weight & when I got a temp Dr she implied I was scoffing LOTS of the wrong foods for me not to be losing more which upset me so I gave up as I was eating properly AND exercising :(

I still had the packet in the cupboard and decided to have another crack at them and managed to lose 10lbs last month so I thought they were FINALLY working for me and went back to see my regular GP last week and she gave me some more.

Well, Despite sticking to healthy low fat food and being well under on my cals (My allowance on myfitnesspal.com is 1500 cals a day) AND exercising every day, I haven`t lost any weight in the last 3 weeks and then this week I GAINED 1lb!! :cry:

I know 1lb doesn`t seem a lot but it all adds up, Especially when I haven`t lost anything in the 3 weeks before :cry:

Last time when I gave up I tried LT and lost 17lbs in 4 weeks but although I could cope with not eating, My body couldn`t cope so I gave it up and I gained it all back :( That wasn`t from being a fat bloater, But purely from eating and I lost it again with healthy eating/exercise :D

If I still haven`t lost any weight when I go back to the Dr next month I am thinking of asking her to agree to me trying CD or LLL as I *think* on them you can have 1 meal a day which should be ok for my body.

Failing that, My worst problem is my big fat tum! So I am even thinking of saving for a TT as I`m getting so fed up of getting nowhere :(

I am absolutely gutted :cry:

Sorry for being a whinging old bag, Just thought I`d come and let off a bit of steam with people who will (hopefully) understand how I`m feeling. If I was sat on my arse eating crap al day then I could understand it. But I`m going on my Wii Fit every day and cycling and jogging and couldn`t believe that I am GAINING weight!

Anyway will shut up moaning, Hope everyone has a brill Sunday!

LiSe Xxxx

Sorry you are feeling so down and I do understand how you feel. I'm afraid I have nothing to suggest, if you are sticking rigidly to your calories and exercising too then perhaps you should tell your doctor all this and see if they can suggest something?

KB x

Hi Sacred Silence, I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I haven't got any advice for you but I do know how you feel. I am struggling to lose much weight despite swimming every day and going on the treadmill twice a week. I stick very close to my calorie allowance but stay the same. My Dr said to me that it does get harder the more you have lost and that the fat may have turned into muscle that weighs more - but I think she probably said it to make me feel better!!
Good luck and I look forward to seeing how you get on.
Shorty x

Ok, I know its tempting, but don't skimp on your calories !!!! If my fitness pal recommends 1500 ( are you also including the exercise you do when working your calories out?) then have 1500 calories. Don't skimp, especially if you're burning off even more through exercise. Your body is going to hold onto everything for dear life hun, and that is why you're seeing this small gain.
Up your calories hun ( to the 1500) and see how it goes.
xx

Sorry you are feeling so down and I do understand how you feel. I'm afraid I have nothing to suggest, if you are sticking rigidly to your calories and exercising too then perhaps you should tell your doctor all this and see if they can suggest something?

KB x

Thanks KB x I am going to speak to her when I go next but don`t see what she can do or say to help :( I chart my food/exercise on myfitnesspal.com but I will write some of it up in a little diary to take and show her I think. x

Hi Sacred Silence, I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I haven't got any advice for you but I do know how you feel. I am struggling to lose much weight despite swimming every day and going on the treadmill twice a week. I stick very close to my calorie allowance but stay the same. My Dr said to me that it does get harder the more you have lost and that the fat may have turned into muscle that weighs more - but I think she probably said it to make me feel better!!
Good luck and I look forward to seeing how you get on.
Shorty x

*hugs* Shorty x I know just how you feel :( I still have 4 stone to lose as my Dr so kindly pointed out to me when I saw her last :( I have lost just over 4 stone so far. Have you been checked for any underlying problems like your Thyroid or PCOS? I have both which makes me struggle even more. It sucks :(

GOOD LUCK! with losing the rest of yours Xxxx

Ok, I know its tempting, but don't skimp on your calories !!!! If my fitness pal recommends 1500 ( are you also including the exercise you do when working your calories out?) then have 1500 calories. Don't skimp, especially if you're burning off even more through exercise. Your body is going to hold onto everything for dear life hun, and that is why you're seeing this small gain.
Up your calories hun ( to the 1500) and see how it goes.
xx

Hi hunnie x Thanks for the reply x

I`m not deliberately skimping on cals, It`s just the way it seems to work out with what I eat. I can`t eat more to use them up cos then I`ll go over on my fat/carbs/protein etc :(

I do add my exercise on too and it usually adds cals but that just makes it worse if I`ve not used all my cals anyway :/

It`s harder to tinker with my food to use cals etc up as I have to remain wheat free :(

Hope things are going ok with u x

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE Xxx

Back