Failed bander

lancashiregirl

Hi all, after battling with my weight all my life I decided to pay to have a gastric band fitted. Two years down the line almost and I lost three stone then put one back on. I have tried numerous things including weightwatchers, hypnosis, high protein etc but I find myself on the same treadmill I have been on all my life . Three days ago I joined slimming world thinking the extra easy days will fit in better with how the family want to eat and so far so good . I have committed myself to a short term goal of forty days till the end of Lent . I am not religious but as other people I know are giving up cakes , chocolate etc I thought I would give it a go . So here I am . Hello to everyone !!

Excellent - welcome to Slimming World.

The thing with any weight loss, regardless of how we do it, is that we need to learn things that we can fit into our lives if we want the loss to stay a loss. If we go back to eating how we did originally then we will simply put the weight back on - it's what got us there in the first place after all. You know the saying - if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.... very true :)

I think it's important that you recognise firstly where and why your weight has come on. Slimming world is a great lifestyle plan, there's an adaptation for most things, and whatever there isn't for there is syns. You'll fall in love with it - i look forward to seeing how you get on, good luck x

Thankyou for your reply . I do have some restriction still and do struggle with some foods . Just going through that low sugar stage on day three and had two rich tea biscuits but still feel jittery . Do I have another or would a mug shot be better ? Need to get over this spell !

Really had a wobble last night . Had two pieces of cake and some chocolate . Had a real blood sugar dip . I had been eating far too many sweet things before I started the diet . Funnily enough my slimming world leader called me last night - so timely ! Back on track again now so thankyou to Angela !

Glad you're back on track. The problem with sweet things is they make you crave more sweet things. Try the mini choc philly tubs, they're 4.5 syns each but really lush with a banana :) x

I have weeks where i end up off track (this week being one) I just want sweet stuff, but i'll get my ass into gear again tomorrow, beginning of a new week. Glad you go back on track, its always good to have someonw who wants to support you :)

I was wondering if there is some sort of tracking device on my sw pack as I had just had my last mouthful when my leader called !
Not seen the Philly tubs , will look out for them . Made a lovely lentil and aubergine stew for lunch today , I put the recipe on the winter warmers section.

Only place I have found them is Sainsburys, Tesco don't have them (well none of the 3 round here anyway), Asda probably do it too.

Back