Failed dieter trying a different way!

I’ve made myself a pork casserole for tea. I got some cubed lean pork in Sainsbury’s, a couple of economy peppers, and cooked them in the pressure cooker with an onion and a handful of mixed veg out of the freezer. I used the liquid to mix with some low fat gravy granules to make a thin gravy and had it with a jacket spud.

My treat today, is a milk jelly. I bought some of those Tesco reduced sugar jelly granules. (10 calories a serving) I followed the instructions as far as dissolving them in half a pint of water, then popped it in the fridge to cool for half an hour I pour it into a glass, and stand that in a jug of cold water (set the kitchen timer because I’ve a head like a sieve) and when it was cool I stirred in half a pint of skimmed milk, poured it into 4 individual dishes and let it set. Hubby and I will have one each, and we have two in the fridge for tomorrow. for tomorrow.

Brilliant 5lb loss Dorcas, You must be thrilled

Do you know, if it wasn't for reading posts on this forum I would have dropped off in week one. Some of these diaries are wonderful, full of laughs and tips and isn't it great to read something and think I've done/feltlike that? and then read on and see how the person has coped with the problem

Hello Dorcas, Thank-you for visiting my diary and taking the time to have a look. I have just read through yours and it sounds like you have a really great attitude towards your new-lifestyle change. I am trying a similar approach in that I am taking it slowly, watching what I eat, cutting out some of the rubbish, but still enjoying my food and doing a lot more exercise too. Its a brilliant way to do it, because it takes the pressure off and it you slip up or would like a treat, as long as you get back to it again, that should be fine.

:party0011::party0011::party0011:
Really big congratulations on your amazing 5lb weight loss thats incredible, I bet you are chuffed. Keep up all your hard work because I am sure it will be worth it in the end. Seems to be paying now too.

Still sounding good Dorcas! Wish I was! I really am struggling at the moment but need to get myself sorted. 10 weeks till we go to Alaska and I am desperate to be thinner. A stone would make a huge difference and 2 stone would be amazing. Its completely possible I just keep sabotaging myself!

Oh Barb I love Alaska. Many moons and several stones ago I used to work in the arctic circle. It was a wonderful life I can tell you. I do envy you, Alaska is beautiful and the people are great, ever so friendly

I found out today that our council, along with many others across the UK, is selling off our personal details to these blinking spam and junk mail firms. It was only at the end of last year, I found out just how much the councillors get in expenses... more than many people earn by doing an honest days work. Soooo....
.... This afternoon, I collected up all my old rubbish: used teabags, spud peelings, vegetable trimmings, bus tickets etc, etc and posted them to my councillor with my name and address and a note saying that as he was sending me rubbish I was reciprocating by sending him mine and would stop when he did.

:wow: thats brilliant Dorcas, I would never have the courage to do anything like that, good for you. I think its disgusting what councils get up to.

:clap: Yay well done Dorcas, Jellybabie is right better off than on. ;) Brilliant job, I am sure you will continue to lose even more.

Brillo!

Still here, lurking :) Keep it up and write more food plans missus!!

We are going out to dinner with old friends on Thursday evening. No way will I sit there like the ghost of Christmas past nibbling a bit of tired lettuce while they all roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. So this is one of the 'allowed to be a bit naughty' weeks.

Congrats on your weight loss so far x

We are going out to dinner with old friends on Thursday evening. No way will I sit there like the ghost of Christmas past nibbling a bit of tired lettuce while they all roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. So this is one of the 'allowed to be a bit naughty' weeks.
Good for you Dorcas, thats a healthy way to look at it, because no matter what as long as you get back to your plan it will be ok. Have a lovely time with your friends and really enjoy your meal. ;)

Hello there. I am loving your wit and wisdom. How brave of you to give the counsellor your name and address! :giggle:

Back