Failing and starting all over again.

Blue Butterfly

Gold Member
ok so I had a post on here ages ago but things have happened since then so Im making a new one.

My name is Claire and Im 26.
Back in June I started a healthy eating plan and was going to the gym 3 times a week,I easily lost 2st 10lbs in about 2 months.
Then it all went wrong :( I dont even know what happened...I just started eating badly and have put ALL the weight back on,I am so angry at myself for letting that happen.

Anyway,as of tomorrow (6th Dec 2009) I am starting again and I am determined to succeed this time!
I am currently 300lbs (21st 6lb) and I am aiming to lose half of my body weight to get to 150lbs (10st 10lbs)
I guess some support would be greatly appreciated :)
I am going to try and keep my progress updated in this thread,with photos and numbers and stuff.
Although Im not quite sure how to get any pics on here just yet,If anyone can help me with that please do.

So yep thats pretty much it,I need to lose weight so I can actually feel good about myself for a change.
Wish me luck! I hope I dont fail again this time.

x

Last edited:
Hi & welcome Blue Butterfly!

Good luck with sticking to your plan this time. The problem is the will power I know :(

I think you might have to have more posts before you add pictures

Hiya good luck xxx

I weight the same as u just about and i am starting 2moro , ill check in on u see how we r going xx

Jo xx

Starting in Winter, I think, shows a heck of a lot of determination. It's simpler to diet through summer, as you naturally eat less and salads are easy. Winter, though, sets people off seeking the comfort food and the hot meals.

I think you're going to do it this time, Claire. You've seen how falling off the wagon turns out, and you're not gonna take it any more! Good for you!

We're all going (or have gone) through this, so you've come to totally the right place. One thing I'd suggest is setting yourself up a weight-loss ticker (such as from tickerfactory.com) and keeping it up to date with your weekly weigh-ins. I find that having the ticker keeps me focussed and accountable - particularly as the results are there in my signature for all to see.

Good luck! :)

Hey CrazyBrit,thank you for the message. I went and made a ticker,Id wanted one but wasnt sure where to get one from or how to put one on but found a step by step guide on here!
Yeah I know that if my progress is up here for all to see that will make me want to do well every week.

The reason I have started my weight loss journey now is because I would like to have lost quite alot of weight in time for the summer,I hate being this big and uncomfortable when its hot.
So I am determined to stick to my diet this time. I think the one thing that helps and that Ive never done when Ive dieted before is exercise. I go to the gym and walk daily. And I will be starting pilates and aquafit in January. No more failing at weight loss for me!

I'll tell you something... It's really nice not getting grotty, sweaty underboob! :D

No, I keep getting a sweat rash :(

Can't wait to be rid of the damn things

Congrats!! Just try not to lose too much weight too quickly...I heard from some where that if you lose more than 2-3 lbs a week then the weight can easily rebound o.0

Having said that keep up the good work =]

First week always sees a huge loss, though, so I wouldn't worry. And the bigger you are to start, the bigger that first week's loss. It settles down after a while :)

I used to get awful sweat rash under the boobs. Now that I'm down a couple of stones though it's all cleared up (with a bit of savlon now and then to help it on the way). There's something to look forward to! :)

Thanks again for the messages. The support from people on here is fantastic.

And yeah sweaty underboob is never fun! Hopefully next summer when Ive lost alot of weight that wont happen to me.

Week 2 has got off to a good start,Ive usually given up by now!
Went to the gym today and am going again tomorrow :character00115:

I know the 1st weight loss would be a big one and coz I weigh alot it will be quicker but Im not expecting that kinda loss every week!

:argh: Last night and most of today have not been good at all. Had some mega problems and when I am stressed I eat and last night I was eating everything I could get my hands on! I felt crap but today I just carried on eating,Im soooooo stupid!
Anywho,I am gonna just eat some veg and quorn for tea (Like thats gonna cancel out all the crap Ive scoffed!!) and be back on the diet wagon tomorrow.

Is it ok for me to post my rants/thoughts in this section of the board? Or should I keep them for somewhere else?

I don't see why ranting here would be a problem :)

Good for you, though! You had a rough time, and you're getting right back on the quorn wagon! Very good!

Just rant anywhere, I do haha :)

The best advice I can offer, for when I have an "off" day, is that I still write down absolutely everything. Not only does that make me think "erm... ok calm down now" when I've written the third bag of crisps, or whatever, but it also lets me know that a) its actually not as bad as I was thinking [sometimes I think I've done nowt but eat when really, when I add it all up, I'm infact only like, 4 points over..!] but also b) keeps me in the habit of writing. Its too easy to have a day off and not chart stuff, and then have another, and before u know it, it's a week later and you've no idea how to stick to it anymore!
Well... in my experience! hehe!!!

Weigh in. Week 2

I have lost.....4lbs! I cant believe it,that means I have lost a stone already :D
Well my scales couldn't decide on 4 or 5lbs so I'll go with the 4.
So even after my 'eat everything in sight' off day I still managed to lose,yay!

Congratulations! :D

Back