Fair, forty but not fat!

Had some particularly nice meatballs in a tomato sauce yesterday. Definitely a recipe to be repeated.

Today's food has been yoghurt with a load of raspberries, enough tea to sink a ship and a mixed seafood salad for lunch. Not onto plans for the evening yet, but I've got enough cals set to one side for a small bag of pretzels with the Dancing on Ice final.

Hoping that I can get another 2lb loss this week. I'm paranoid it's all about to stall!

I can't eat meatballs... I'm so childish that they make me giggle... My OH has ordered them once in my presence and everytime he took a bite of meatball I couldn't help but giggle uncontrollably and ask him if he was enjoying his meaty balls... told you I was childish!!! HA HA HA HAHAHA HA!!!! x

My OH says I have to point out to you that we only ever have the large meaty ones in this house ;)

I thought I'd eaten loads yesterday, but I've just totted up the calories and it came in at a smidgen under 800. And that included a tuna steak salad in a pub for lunch! So I'm feeling quite good about that. Plus the scales are saying that I'm 1lb down this week so far, so the odds are looking fairly reasonable for losing another one by Friday.

Got a manic week ahead at work, so sorry if I'm not around much until the weekend. I'll try and update every day, but it's definitely going to be flying visits until Friday. Hope you're all doing brilliantly :)

A lbs a lb Emmaline and you're having a really good month as well!

I've managed to divert my snacking habits onto a tub of blueberries (got to love the lack of calories in those) as my worst habit is nibbling while I'm doing desk-bound concentrated pieces of work. It's going to make exam marking in the summer a real killer, but I will break the habit - I need to if I don't want to put a stone back on - and I definitely don't want to do that!

Measurement wise, since I started in December, I've lost 7 inches from my waist, 9(!) from my boobs and my hips are lagging behind a bit with 6 inches gone. Any ideas on how to shift a bit of stomach flab without a load of high-impact exercise?

Proper exercise isn't worth it in my case :( I'm managing about 10 mins of Tai Chi 3 times a week at the moment, but that's pushing it. Got to maintain that until everything stabilises again, and then add another couple of minutes on. I'll chat to my physio and see if we can build something in in the long-term - there's got to be some way of shifting this :)

It's all going pretty well this week. Weight is coming off, life is busy and I'm hopeful that I'll get to me 45lbs in total gone this Friday - and it's not far between that and a whole 50lbs gone. That'll be stunning. I never thought I'd achieve that at all! Not that I have yet, but I will...

Had a gorgeous salmon marinaded in garlic, lemon and herbs last night - definitely going to do that one again soon. Today... yoghurt and strawberries for breakfast. 3 brazil nuts for a snack. Soup and gourmet thins for lunch and a mixed salad (including tomatoes, peppers etc) with some braised venison tonight.

I'm getting there.

Still here and things are still crazy. I think the stress was getting to me yesterday and I scoffed two garibaldi biscuits! Not a disaster, but I should have been able to restrain myself ;)

More of the same today. Chicken and asparagus for dinner tonight, yoghurt and brazil nuts for breakfast. Miso soup and blueberries for lunch. It's all good. Hoping for a 2lb loss for weigh-in tomorrow. It's going to be a close one...

good luck with weigh in x

Should I be flattered or not?

"Oooh, you've lost loads of weight. Must be a stone and a half."

f**king hate that... some people have no idea!!! Put what you've lost in a rucksack and make them carry it... or hit them over the head with it!!! x

Yes be flattered!

I think people who don't have weight to lose don't really know too much about weight/bigger clothes sizes.

I need to lose at least 6 stone (have lost 3 of that) and when I mentioned to my Mum about a friend who had lost 5 stone she couldn't believe it and said "I don't know anyone who would need to lose even close to five stone"!! Haha... little does she know!

A friend the other day was talking about her friend who I can tell is easily a size 24/26. For some reason someone asked her clothes size and my friend guessed a size 14!!!

Take 1.5 stones loss as a compliment, they have noticed and that is what matters! :)

It was a really good friend of mine who said it, so I couldn't get annoyed with her if I tried. To be honest it's better than getting "Ooooh, you've lost loads. Must be at least 5 stones," at this point! I'm not sure exactly of how much I've got left to lose. I'm going to review it when I get to the 5 stone target and decide from there. Seems like a never-ending mountain to climb, although I'm well aware that I have no cause for grumbling so far!

Weigh-in this morning and a full 2lbs gone this week. I'm pleased with that. I think the days of the big losses have gone, but if I can maintain a relatively steady 2lbs a week, then I'll still reach the 5 stones gone by my birthday and this current stone should be vanishing in very late April/early May. Sounds good to me :)

Excellent weigh in, yay you!!!

Sarah's right, when I got to 16 stone one of my friends told me I looked amazing and I must be in a size 16 by now and surely only have a few more pounds to lose... or I'd just got into a size 20 and still have 5 stone to go you silly skinny plonker!!! x

Hey there,
Feeling and looking fantastic really shouldn’t be stressing you out right now but it clearly is and it’s so frustrating, isn’t it?
If you are wondering how I know this, it’s because I am in my forties myself and I’ve also experienced some of these things too. I understand and appreciate the challenges that other women in our age group face and I’ve also trained hundreds of women in their forties who have had the same issues.

Counting calories is actually a recipe for disaster, it’s just not as simple as calories in versus calories out. In fact, women on a ridicoulsly low calorie diet should, in theory, disappear into thin air with the low calorie diets they are consuming.
The great cardio myth
Did you know that your body adapts very quickly to steady state cardio, which mean you burn fewer calories each time you workout?

Did you know that too much long, slow cardio can actually make you lose lean muscle mass, which in turn slows down your metabolism?

Did you know that long, slow cardio workouts have little or no impact on your resting metabolism?

So what should you be doing for effective fat loss?

Short duration high-intensity activity burns fat and boosts your metabolism, making your body more efficient at processing food and burning calories and these can be done in your own home with no equipment other than your own bodyweight to get you the results you desire.
This type of training requires the body to use fat for energy and will mean that your body will continue to burn fat for up to 48 hours after you have finished

Here are my 10 Top Tips for Fat Loss at Forty

1. Hydration
2. Nutrition
3. Supplementation
4. Metabolic Exercise
5. Regeneration
6. Sleep
7. Goal Setting
8. Sunshine
9. Mind Set
10. Meditation

If you guys have any questions please ask me as im here to help
Angela

Be flattered!!!! they noticed,it's just that people who aren't trying to lose don't judge weight loss as easily! people keep telling me i've lost LOADS.......11 pounds isn't loads imo but at least its finally showing xx

Thanks everyone :) I'm taking the comment in the spirit it was intended and I'm heading out jeans shopping tomorrow for a pair in the next size down :D

Feeling and looking fantastic really shouldn’t be stressing you out right now but it clearly is and it’s so frustrating, isn’t it?

Errr... I'm neither stressed nor frustrated with my weight loss. Nor am I in my 40s (yet).

I'm a bit concerned that you're posting all of this advice to me without having read my diary. If you had, you'd know that I'm having medical intervention (like physio) because I can't carry out the sorts of exercise that you're recommending.

I'm perfectly happy following medical advice and my diet is continuing to go well. Thanks for the concern.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha... YOU GOT SPAMMED!!! x

Back