Fair, forty but not fat!

Stunned to be honest! Said to my hubby I'd go in and try a pair on to see how long it might be before I'd be into a 14.

Texted him from the changing room to say I was buying them LOL

Like I say, I don't think I'm there properly. The 16s still fit and there's no real problem with them, so maybe I just got lucky? Still... 14! Squeeee!

Wahoo!!! Go Moog!!! Sooooooo jealous!!! xxx

That's great - and it's such a good feeling when you try on the next size down and it fits - you'll be needing a whole new wardrobe of clothes at this rate - whoop whoop! :)

Nooo - I've just bought a whole new wardrobe in 16s! The plan is to replace again when (and if) I hit a 12. I won't be dropping much below that, so I won't feel as guilty about spending cash on clothes I don't wear for long. Yeah, they'll get a bit big on me, but as long as they don't actually fall off, we're good ;)

I'm half-hoping I can find a decent dressmaker who can just take some of my skirts and dresses in when I hit target weight. It's going to be cheaper than buying new stuff, plus I really do like the bits and bobs I've got.

That's great - and it's such a good feeling when you try on the next size down and it fits - you'll be needing a whole new wardrobe of clothes at this rate - whoop whoop! :)

Miss V - just noticed that you're the same height as me, so hopefully you can help. I have NO idea what weight I was last time I was in sizes 10 and 12. The lightest I remember being as an adult is 9st 7 - but I was about 21 then and there have been a lot of babies since!

Roughly what weight was which size when you dropped through them - if you don't mind me asking that is :eek:

Hmmm - not too sure to be honest - it seems to depend what shop I'm buying clothes from! I was a 14 at about 12 stone (maybe a bit less) and I'm now a 12 and I'm 10 and a half stone . I don't think I'll have to lose too much more before I can get into a 10. I'm hoping another half stone and I'll be there! Size 14 seemed to last me a long time lol!

:)

Thanks, Miss V. That's really helpful. I think, based on a bit of guesswork and pregnancy weigh-ins, I'll be properly in a 14 around 175lbs. At the moment I'm ok in a M&S 14, which is a small 16 in other shops - so that looks about right. I don't think I'm going to be far out from your numbers. Definitely something to aim for :)

I bought some seaweed sheets from the Chinese supermarket yesterday and my plan is to use them for rolls at lunchtime. I'm not going to use sushi rice in the rolls very often, but with a bit of wasabi, very low cal mayo and shredded meats and veg in them, they could be gorgeous and not much in the way of calories. I reckon I could have 4 rolls for about 150 cals :D Will report back when I've tried them out next week!

Weight is back down today and I'm chuffed to bits. Fat is down by over 2% since I started the cross trainer, and muscle is up by a similar amount. My short-term aim is to get the body fat under 35%. Only 2.5% to go but I have no way of gauging how long it's going to take. Hopefully it'll be fairly quick as exercise is still pretty new and my muscles are just starting to wake up and realise that they're needed!

Feel like I'm doing ok here :)

Happy Sunday to you, Shanny! Up to anything nice today?

We're off to eye up boats again :D

Happy Sunday to you, Shanny! Up to anything nice today?

We're off to eye up boats again :D
Boxercise at 10:30 then into town for shopping then cinemas tonight.. as yesterday i stayed in and was sooo bored lol.

how was weigh in this week?? x

Ooooh shopping. Now you're talking :D After anything in particular?

I only lost 1lb this week, which was pretty disappointing given how much cross trainer stuff I'd managed. But, I suppose my body is converting fat to muscle and actually there's been much more good happening than the 1lb loss would suggest.

Need to lose 2lbs a week from now on to hit my July target though...

Ooooh shopping. Now you're talking :D After anything in particular?

I only lost 1lb this week, which was pretty disappointing given how much cross trainer stuff I'd managed. But, I suppose my body is converting fat to muscle and actually there's been much more good happening than the 1lb loss would suggest.

Need to lose 2lbs a week from now on to hit my July target though...
1 lb is smashing M.. now your exercising have u increased your kcals now? and how much to?

July is ages away still so think positive hunnie..im looking for some smart work shoes with a small heel.! i know what im looking for lol.

I love shoes. It's my definite weakness - my wardrobe is bulging at the seams with them!

How was your weigh in this week, anyway? Did you make the jump ok to CC or are you still CD-ing?

I upped my cals by 200 for the first few days, but that seemed to be too much as my loss stalled completely. I've shifted it to 100 or slightly more now and going to watch that for a few days. Hopefully things will keep ticking down. The cross trainer says I'm burning about 200 cals a session - which isn't bad at all.

Tried Shiritaki noodles tonight. Zero carbs, pretty much zero cals as well... and actually they weren't bad. They're like tofu in that they take on the flavour of whatever they're being cooked with. A bit like elastic bands in terms of texture, but I can live with that!

And so the stall continues. I've been 10 days on the same weight - and I can't see any reason for it. The only difference is that I've introduced some exercise and that really shouldn't make the weight loss stop.

Getting frustrated with it, but there's not much I can do about it. I can't drop calories (well, I possibly could, but I'd rather not!) and I can't exercise any more than I am.

Just got to stick with it and hope, I suppose :(

From reading online (so this call be a load of rubbish) it seems that general consensus is when you increase exercise you should increase cals. However it does take your body a while to get used to the new plan, I think it holds onto the cals for a little while just to make sure you really are going to eat more on the days you exercise.

Remeber when I first joined myfitnesspal in the hope of breaking my plateau and I gained 1lb? Well I think that was my body getting used to the new plan, then the following week I dropped 3lbs!!!

Give it time, and like you said you know from your fancy new scales that behind the lbs there are some very exciting things going on in the world of Moog's body!!! x

I don't mind if I permanently stick in a stone or so. Top end of the healthy BMI and a size 12/14 is absolutely fine by me, if that's where I end up. I just don't want to stick here - I know a 14/16 is a heck of a lot better than where I was, but still...

You're probably right. I'll stick with the green tea and water and keep at it. It's got to budge sooner or later. I can only hope it's sooner, or there'll be a burger with my name on it at BK ;)

10 days at the same weight probably means you're in for a nice big loss soon! I think I'm more going to go by size than BMI, a size 12/14 would be smaller than I've ever been!

Been feeling very bleak this week, so haven't been here very much at all. This morning, I got up and weighed in - expecting a STS - I've been on the same weight forever it seems! Much to my surprise, I was down 2lbs. I reweighed (just to make sure) and it was definitely 2lbs less.

This leaves me at the point where any further loss takes me into the 12 stone territory. Another 1lb beyond that and I've lost a full 4 stones. Can't wait!

Off to see a man about a boat tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Back