Fair, forty but not fat!

So, one lb has wriggled off already. 1lb more to go then my tickers are right again.

I'm back off across the Pennines for a bit more work tonight, then chugging off into the sunset on the boat. Hopefully I'll still have internet access, but I've definitely got no scales, so it'll be a week before I can weigh in again. Hopefully will either be back to where I was or actually have a loss to report - if I'm really, really good.

Today's eating is going to be erratic. I've got a work's do at lunch and then room service tonight. Can't see me staying within my calories there :(

Sounds like a lovely lunch and dinner Moog! Hope you have a great time away :)

Well that's true, it could happen one day but I doubt it. But then again, as a teacher I do get a fair chunk of holiday to learn such things!

Whoops - that didn't last long, did it?

I've got another couple of days on the boat and then it's seriously back to real life and back on the diet with gusto. It's going to be hideously hard to restart dieting, probably harder than it was to start with as I'm not far from the 'normal' weight range for my height now, so the impetus isn't the same as it was.

I need to lose half a stone a month between now and Christmas to get to target weight. Please nag me. I need to do this :)

Half a stone? Pfft you'll definitely do it! We're all here to nag nag nag whenever needed! So whenever you're feeling tempted, just come on here and we'll distract you :D I read somewhere today that cravings usually only last for around 2 minutes if you get on and distract yourself. If you stand in front of the fridge umming and ahhing with temptation staring you in the face, it doesn't go away until you give in. So when you're tempted, walk away and distract yourself and you'll be fine! You've done so amazingly so far I have absolutely no doubt that you can do this!

Oh and good to have you back :)

Aww - thank you. I am a bit worried about getting back on the horse (!!) Been scoffing about 1500 cals (or thereabouts) a day over the summer and my weight's stayed pretty static - so I'm reassured that I'll be able to maintain without too much trouble at the other end!

Not much in the fridge at the moment, so that solves that problem. I have, however, developed an alarming addiction for midget gems!

Well then I think you've done pretty well to have maintained! Mmmmm midget gems!! I've not had them in AGES!

Yeah, I started scoffing them when I was working late nights. They last for ages and have 50 cals in 10. Unfortunately it's really, really difficult to stop at 10 :D

Thanks, Betty. I'm going to restart properly on Thursday as it's 1st Sept then, so I can measure it more easily. Maths is definitely not my strong point!

:) if your a few pounds short come Xmas eve we'll come whop a foot off!! How's the boating life been?? Oodles of fun I hope!!

The boating has been amazing - seriously relaxing! We've been all over the place this summer - including central London for a few nights on the boat :) I'm getting quite good at mooring up in small spaces now!

I'm going to miss the freedom of it all when we all head back to work and school at the end of this week. But I do have to shift another 2 stones so...

Maybe if you lop the foot off up to my knee I'll be good?

And look at your weight loss! How good is that?

Hey, I'm absolutley certain you can get to your goal come xmas. The fact that you have balanced things out over the last few weeks and managed to maintain is a really good sign, you should be pleased with yourself. :)

Sounds like you have had a lovely summer. I am a little envvious, boating sounds like so much fun and freedom!!

Glad you are back, Moog. :)

Sounds idyllic :) weight loss was going really great till I had the bright idea to stop smoking!! Lol. during the hold too. Cleeeeever!! Haha! I can't park at asda let alone moor in a tight spot heehee!! Your obviously a talented woman!

Boat steering in reverse is... interesting! But it's all at 3mph or slower, so that makes life a lot easier. It's going to be very weird in a car again after that!

Much kudos to you for quitting the smoking, Legomom. Talk about will-power! I'm struggling at the mere thought of hopping back on the diet!

I'm edging back into it. Poached egg for breakfast today and no nibbling or midget gems so far...

Well, that's my last day of not dieting, so I've had a cream bun and I'm braced for tomorrow.

Bring it on!

How's it going back on the wagon? Hope you are back on the wagon!

Bit of a disaster to start with - we had a big repair bill, so had to really cut back on the food shopping.

Yesterday was good - Ainsley's broccoli & veg soup with savours crackers for lunch. A couple more with some fresh crab for a snack. Dinner was salad with some beef basque. I'm sure I had something for breakfast, but can't remember what!

Today is a banana for breakkie, soup, savours & a fruit corner for lunch, and some pollo Con Pimentos with salad tonight.

Heading onto the cross trainer tonight for the first time in a couple of months. NOT looking forward to it!

Back