Fair, forty but not fat!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Poached egg and tea.
Snack: Go ahead bars x 2
Lunch: Mixed salad, tomatoes and onion, with chorizo
Snack: Roast corn kernels
Dinner: Piri Piri chicken

More snacking than normal, but by spreading out the food, it's easier to cut down on the overall calorie count. Plan is to shunt the snack calories into meals by the end of next week and drop the snacks altogether.

Haven't had dinner yet, but I'm not hungry. So far so good...

Sounds like a good day to me, even with the snacks.

Im good thank you lovely. Back on the weight loss wagon after some epic fails in 2013!

Menu for today sounds fab. I absolutely love chorizo. Yum!!

Sounds like a good day to me, even with the snacks.

Very good. I'm on about 900 calories at the moment, but may well have some natural yoghurt before bed. Last time I had to really shock my metabolism into working, so hopefully a similar start this time will work as well.

Im good thank you lovely. Back on the weight loss wagon after some epic fails in 2013!

Menu for today sounds fab. I absolutely love chorizo. Yum!!

Not as bad as my epic fail for the full year ;) Chorizo is gorgeous - it's worth having less of it just to enjoy it. I'm sneaking it back onto the menu later next week if i can :) Fantastic in wine...

Down another 1lb this morning, making 3 in total. I know it's water weight, but it's still a good incentive, right? Ideally want to be 4lbs down by Friday's weigh in, because that's back to 14st something, which really does sound a bit better!

Planning on a good day. A brisk walk into town and back, and then some work WITHOUT nibbling. If I can do that, I can do anything!

Wahoo!!! Go moog!!! I was so close to being 14 something... but then I went on holiday and fell into a bottle of baileys at xmas... I've not been brave enough to get on the scales yet. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wahoo!!! Go moog!!! I was so close to being 14 something... but then I went on holiday and fell into a bottle of baileys at xmas... I've not been brave enough to get on the scales yet. Xxx

Mmmmmm Bailey's. Don't blame you one bit! It's probably not as bad as you think it is. Go on - brave those scales in the morning. That's the worst of the battle done.

I'm kicking myself - I was so close to 11 something last time.

Heigh ho.

Water or not, a loss is a loss. You're doing great by the sounds of it.

Water or not, a loss is a loss. You're doing great by the sounds of it.

Thanks, Caz. It's not completely easy getting back to it, but I'm really trying. Want to be halfway down the 14s by the end of the month is I possibly can and to see 13s by March!

And today's menu:

Breakfast: Belvita (x3) and tea (semi-skimmed milk) - 200 cals
Lunch: Small paella (albeit with not very much rice!) - 320 cals
Dinner: Mixed salad, tomatoes, peppers with roast duck. (need to weigh the duck, but likely to be in the 250-300cal range)
Snack: 1 x strawberry bonbon (24 cals!)

Leaving me enough for a banana later if I get peckish :)

Last edited:
Wooohooo! Down another lb this morning, making 4lbs in total so far. Hello the 14 stone somethings, I hope you'll start vanishing soon too.

Does this mean I might make 5lbs by Friday? Come on, body, you know you want to!

Fingers crossed, hopefully!

Fingers crossed, hopefully!

Everything crossed, although I'd take a flat line from here until the end of the week. 4lbs is great :) 5 would be A-MAZ-ING! Even if it is just water!

Breakfast: Forgot to eat this morning, so it was a cuppa with a malted milk biscuit at work!
Lunch: Mini chicken kebab sticks with salad. Grapes to finish off with.
Snack - olive snack pot.
Dinner: Meatballs in a tomato sauce.

Nice and steady from yesterday on this morning's sneaky peek on the scales. This is good - better than fluctuating up and down. I hate it when it does that!

Need to keep it going and steer clear of the biscuit tin in my office. I will be good, I will be good, I will be good. Come on little Llbs, another one of you needs to pack your bags by Friday!

That's a great loss, keep going!!! Sod you biscuits!!!

Had a sneaky peak... I'm still 7lbs up from pre holiday weight... gutted!!! positively yesterday was the first day I didn't have sugar hunger, so hopefully I've kicked the addiction again and it will be easier to keep the calories down.

Have a great day. X

That's a great loss, keep going!!! Sod you biscuits!!!

Had a sneaky peak... I'm still 7lbs up from pre holiday weight... gutted!!! positively yesterday was the first day I didn't have sugar hunger, so hopefully I've kicked the addiction again and it will be easier to keep the calories down.

Have a great day. X

It could have been worse, and I think a really good holiday is worth losing those few lbs again! You've got your mojo, and you haven't got sugar. You'll get those gone in no time.

When we meet in the summer, I expect us both to be in size 12s!

I hope to join the size 12 club too!

I hope to join the size 12 club too!

You will! Just been looking at the sales and all the lovely frocks I can buy this time next year. It's the best incentive :)

Good day today.
Breakfast: 2x go ahead bars and a cup of tea
Lunch: Chicken satay salad. 200g of grapes.
Dinner: Chorizo in red wine with peppers
Snack: Salt & vinegar snack-a-jacks.

Still steady on the scales, although I'm going to have to dig my other set of scales out. I can put on or lose 2lbs depending on where my feet are on these ones! I don't know whether to bumble on for a few weeks with these ones because the other ones measure body fat - and I'm not sure I'm ready to see that reading yet!

Another good day on the nosh.

Breakfast: Belvita x2 and tea
Lunch: mixed leaf salad with carrots and beetroot. Smoked salmon. Fresh cherries for pud.
Dinner: Patatas Bravas with beef

Avoided snacking AND avoided the chocolate Viscounts at work. Come on body, I deserve another lb to come off before Friday. Especially as Friday means first session back on the cross trainer. Eeek!

Back