1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Fajitas

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by *angela*, 2 February 2014 Social URL.

1. *angela*

*angela* Well-Known Member

Have done my meal plans for the week+making chicken fajitas tomorrow night... Have a good syn free spice mix recipe+all my veg in but the hubby likes his served in a tortilla wrap... Any I see are packed with wraps so was just planning on serving mine with Sw chips and salad. Just wondering what others use as an alternative to a wrap when making this? Be nice to get new ideas... Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Well-Known Member

There is a wrap for a B healthy extra, I can't remember which because I've not found them yet. Maybe sainsburys. Someone here will know or check list.
    I always pretend and whisk a couple of eggs and fry throes flat like omelette and use as a wrap.
    Found it!

1 x BFree Foods Multigrain Wrap Wheat & Gluten Free, 6 pack

4. *angela*

Love the omelette idea... Thanks for that :D x

Sent from my iPhone

5. juliebags

juliebags Well-Known Member

I have seen the wraps in asda, down the gluten free aisle ,,, but i gotta say they are really expensive i'm sure they were about £2.80,,,having said that i reckon i would probably do 3 green days and have 2 has my HEB,mmmmm with quorn fajita, or a chilli ,,, feel a burrito coming on with savoury rice and a salsa mmmmm

6. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll freeze?

7. juliebags

Next time i am in asda i will take a look xx

8. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

9. juliebags

I normally use the old el paso fajita mix (sachet) its 4.5 for the whole packet so between 2-4people i think its worth using1-2 syns for , i would rather use my syns for sauces and thing like that rather than sweets and crisps,,, although i think discovery fajita seasoning in the sachets are about 3 - 3.5 syns , but i haven't tried those ones xx

10. pippalata

Wow! I thought it was loads more syns than that. Love a good fajita - my OH will be very pleased to hear they're allowed now!!! Thanks :)

11. juliebags

I am not gonna lie , we're greedy in our house i stuff mine with refried beans , savoury rice , fajita mix (sometines i just use veggies, peppers onion, mushroom) and a big dollop on quark , so i suppose it is more of a burrito ,,, but scrummy !!even better on a green day because i can have 2 !!!!

12. *angela*

I use this spice mix+it's yummy... And syn free - bonus!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Attached Files:

13. pippalata

That's brilliant, thank you! Will have to give this a go after my holiday :)

14. SaraB

SaraB Well-Known Member

This makes about 10 teaspoons (1 syn for the sugar and 3.5 for the cornflour but I guess you could leave those out)

1 tbsp cornflour
    2 tsp chilli powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp granulated sugar
    3/4 tsp chicken stock cube, crushed
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp ground cumin

15. pippalata

How many teaspoons would you use each time?

16. woolybully

woolybully Active Member

some really good ideas for fajita seasoning here. I've seen the recipe for egg based wraps but never tried it, are they easy to make? if all else fails, sw chips or rice :)

17. SaraB

SaraB Well-Known Member

Probably a couple of tsp for 4 people but would depend on your own taste.

18. MoocowsMummy

MoocowsMummy New Member

Could you use a head of leaf lettuce?x

19. pippalata

That's a great idea.

20. *angela*

Made it with the omelette and it was ok... I made 2 'wraps' but only ate the first+just ate rest of my filling with salad... Found the eggy taste with the mixture a bit weird, not totally awful though but glad I tried it :) x

Sent from my iPhone