Fakeaways

toxicsgrl

Gold Member
i thought of treating myself once a month to a takeaway, then i thought why would i want to have something deep fried and unhealthy and ruin all the good work ive done in the last week 12 days!

so, i came up with 'Fakeaways' while laying in bed this morning :)

on the 1st aug we're going to have an Indian Fakeaway. I'm going to have Chicken Tikka Pieces, with Raita, Salad and (was thinking naan but roti is less cals) Roti for starter.

then for main i'm going have chicken curry with rice :)

i'll provide my recipes but they are sort of thrown together, was married to an Indian for 5 years so picked up some ideas but he never followed strict recipes!:

CHICKEN TIKKA PIECES

serves 3/4

4 Chicken Breasts (100g = 160 cals)

Natural Yoghurt (lidl milbona 1.5% nat yog is 100g = 59 cals)

Curry Powder

Salt and Pepper

Some skewers if you have them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dice the chicken breast and add to mixing bowl, add prob 1/2 tub of nat yog and mix, then add about a table spoon of curry powder, heaped or not heaped, depending on how spicy u like it!

add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix it all in so chicken is coated nicely. either leave in fridge for an hour while you make the curry or do it straight away.

put 4/5 pieces of chicken on one skewer a 1cm space in between each piece. do this with all the chicken. if you dont have skewers you can just grill them on a tray but skewers make them easier to turn during cooking.

turn on your grill to about 3/4 and lay the skewers on a tray and cook under the grill for about 9 mins on each side, or until cooked!

FOR THE RAITA

3 or 4 tbsps of nat yog, about an inch of cucumber grated, some chopped mint, mix well and serve with the chicken pieces and some fresh salad leaves.

YUM!!

FOR THE CURRY I USE THIS RECIPE:

Chicken Curry

not sure of exact calorie content but the only sort of creamy thing is the yoghurt on the chicken pieces and thats not much cals at all.

anyone got any other ideas for a fakeaway?

cheese burger and chips with garlic sauce and salad. one of my faves this, from the takeaway, but so greasy and unhealthy!

used to make this when i shopped in tesco:

some sort of vege burger, like linda mccartney or quorn

mixed leaves, toms, cucumber, relish and light cheese slices, brown bread rolls.

basically, grill the burger, assemble on bun to required specifications, serve with potato wedges done in the oven with some olive oil and a pinch of salt.

serve with nat yog mixed with chopped mint and a tsp of minced garlic.

then scoff :)

One of my favorite meals when we go to chippie ( eat in) is sausage egg chips and mushy peas, if I do it at home I cut potatoes, spray with fry light cook on a mesh tray, I use low cal sausages grilled and fry an egg in fry light and either a can of mushy peas or soak split peas over night, for a fraction of the calories x

My fave is shish kebab and chips. Chips done in the Actifry with a spray of butter Frylight and some Aromat seasonng. Ckhicken breast cut into cubes, marinated in my own blend of spices and herbs then skewered with shallots and cubes of pepper and cooked on a dry grill pan/BBQ/grill. Homemade coleslaw (very low fat mayo) and taziki (Fage 0% Greek yoghurt)on the side with huge salad in a wholemeal pitta............... gorgeous! Under 600 cals the lot :)

Either that or cheeseburger and chips. Burgers made with extra lean mince from Tesco and topped with a half fat cheese slice and sauteed onions and mushrooms - use one wholemeal bun for 2 burgers and have them like open sandwiches with Actifry chips/wedges and a large side salad. Had this the other night and it 200% better than a Maccy D could ever be and less than 600 cals too :D

That sounds nice! I want an actifry but can't afford one at the mo. May borrow my sisters, she said I could.

Gonna add chicken in pitta with salad and wedges to the fakeaway menu :) x

I don't know what I would do without my Actifry now. I bought mine off eBay for £85 - it was an unused and unwanted present and when it arrived leierally all that was opened was the box - the Actifry hadn't even been taken out of it's plastic wrapper, so I got a real bargain there.

You can actually use it to dry fry and it still makes lovely food, but I tend to use a few squirts of Frylight in it just to crispy things up a bit more. Mostly gets used to chips, wedges, roasties and crisps, but I do also use it to "fry" chicken, stir fry and make chillis, curries, for DH etc so it is versatile. I can't believe it when folks say they don't really used theirs!

That and my slow cooker are probably the most used gadgets in my kitchen (not so much the slow cooker in the summer though, but it gets used all the time in the winter for casseroles, stews, chillis, curries etc!).

Ger down to your sister and borrow heres - it is an excellent way of eating "naughties" wihtout much nautiness at all :D

i think i will! i have a slow cooker that, like you, is always on the go in the winter! so much easier and no need to fry stuff before hand!

my sister mainly uses her actifry for chips. do you know what the cals are for chips done in there?

also just noticed you're in carmarthenshire, which is v close to me!! hows the weather over there? miserable grey today!

x

Wow this is a wicked idea may have to try these recipes out for a once a month treat x

if you think of any ideas, feel free to add them here. or if you think of something you'd order from takeaway but cant think of a fakeaway way of doing it then ask here and someone may be able to help you.

im trying to think of a way to make satay chicken skewers for my chinese fakeaway on the 1st of sept :)

i like the idea that it'll feel like its naughty once a month but it isnt so you wont harm your diet.

i think i will! i have a slow cooker that, like you, is always on the go in the winter! so much easier and no need to fry stuff before hand!

my sister mainly uses her actifry for chips. do you know what the cals are for chips done in there? I just count mine at whatever the calories are for the weight of the potatoes + howervr many sprays of Frylight I use (not usually more than 3-4) - I don't use oil in it and still get lovely chips!

also just noticed you're in carmarthenshire, which is v close to me!! hows the weather over there? miserable grey today!
Bloody miserable, grey and drizzly too. It wasn't too bad yesterday - we had a day out with Lily (our Dobie) in Margam Park and it was sunny and warm. Ruddy UK weather..... I am really starting to despise it now :mad:

x

Ho-hum :rolleyes:

Ahhhh me to u know if u have exercised and it adds on the cal to ur intake do u still eat the remaining cals cause im allowed 1200 and im short by 300 for my daily allowance but that is because i burnt 200 cals by walking dog so they added the extra cals onto my allowence so if this is confusing lol xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh me to u know if u have exercised and it adds on the cal to ur intake do u still eat the remaining cals cause im allowed 1200 and im short by 300 for my daily allowance but that is because i burnt 200 cals by walking dog so they added the extra cals onto my allowence so if this is confusing lol xx

i am also confused now :p

i dont exercise yet, but i will in the future.

ummm, i think, it your limit for cals is 1200 a day and you excercise and burn 200 cals, you can either leave it as that for a boost of weight loss, or you can eat the extra 200 cals. does that make sense?!!

*Snip*

I eat some but not all of my exercise calories back. I aim to NET no less than 1360 calories a day (the SF 1-2-3 plan calorie goal) and it seems to work OK for me. I am set to lose half a pound a week as I am pretty close to target now, but often lose more (I lost 2.6lbs last week, but some of that was post-holiday carb bloat I am sure!).

My oh had chippy fish chips and pea last night so i had the same :D birds eye breaded fish OMG was to die for, actifry chips and mushy peas. even had enough cal's left over for strawberrys and cream YAY.

I have deleted posts on this thread and edited some as it is against our rules to solicit members on the forum to join Social Networks. To keep MiniMins clean of Social Network Spam we have supplied social network icons which you will find under Settings on the top of the page on the Blue Bar. Go into edit profile and scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find the icon buttons there for your use. If someone wants to befriend you they will click on your Social Network.
All threads and posts soliciting members will be removed.

Admin

So sorry Mini - I was unaware of this! I'll tag on my profile.

Back