Fallen off the wagon!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by soulgirl, 16 October 2010 Social URL.

1. soulgirl

soulgirl Member

I'm feeling a bit low today I've stuck to the diet and gained half a pound, then went to a wedding yesterday and stuffed my face. Today can't seemed to motivate myself to get back on the wagon, I feel so sluggish and fed up. Anyone got any advice on how to pull myself together
    Thanks for listening x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Socksareforlosers

Socksareforlosers New Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i'm no expert as i've only just started myself but i have had a couple of slip ups that have really hit me hard. I find reminding myself why i started my weightloss journey in the first place and remembering what i have already achieved helps. :) Everyone is going to have blips, its how you deal with them that counts. xxx

4. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    pick yourself back up....dust yourself off and grab straight back hold of that wagon and hop straight back on!!!! NOW!!!!
    we've all beemn there,these things happen...the important thing is to get straight back on asap!! not 'tomorrow' or 'monday' or after...
    NOW!!!

5. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There could be lots of reasons for the half pound gain..time of month etc.

It is in your hands entirely to get back on the waggon and start to drive it again.

Motivation is vitally important. Ask yourself just how much you want to be a slimmer, newer you. A you that looks good, is healthier, fitter and happier.

SW is a diet that has lots of leeway for eating the things you love and miss. Done in moderation and synned there is no need to ever go of plan.

For something like the wedding reception you could have saved your syns for the week and then taken it from there.

We all of us fall of the waggon from time to time so don't be too upset. Just climb back on it again and look forward to a slimmer you.

hugs xx

6. Inge Jones

Inge Jones Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Think of it as "day off" rather than "broken diet". That will make it seem more natural to simply return to the planned diet the next day.

7. Janine 40

Janine 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am at present eating spicy Sw fishcakes that took me an hour to prepare and serve because i was so hungry..

YOu can eat girly but just stuff your face with SW foods... Yum yum. xxxx
    i
    You will soon realise they taste better anyway...No guilt just great food. xxx

8. soulgirl

soulgirl Member

Thanks for all the replies, I feel a lot better today I've been to the gym and am back on the wagon.

9. Janine 40

Janine 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good girl, well done!!! xxx

10. sallyannetag

sallyannetag Silver Member

Start Weight:
    112.94kg
    Current Weight:
    112.94kg
    Goal Weight:
    76.2kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well done! I just worked out I used over a week's worth of syns on alcohol and an indian on Saturday! But just treated it as a blip and have got back onto the diet! Its the only way to get over these blips otherwise you just throw the towel in completely!:)

11. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

sometimes if i want to be motivated i read the success stories from the magazine, or online. I also find the thread on here 'Before, During and After' photos very inspiring - and often see how everyone else is getting along.

Another thought is to read someones diary on here, i am sure there are always times we find it tough - and you are not alone, i know myself i have ups and downs and ive been on SW for a year now x

Best thing though is not to dwell on the past - this is your future and only you can change it.

Good luck xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.