Fallen off the weight watchers wagon

Oh Bethany. If only you could see what your doing to yourself.

Your struggling with your diet, so you are trying to take your frustrations out of someone who is managing it :(
This makes me think that you really do want to lose the weight, but something deep down is stopping you.

What is that obstacle? I wonder if you ever look to the positive of whichever diet you are doing? Is it all bad news for you?

Do you wake up in the morning thinking 'blast...got to weigh out my foods, add up my points...all day long' or do you think 'today I'm going to eat well and lose some weight in the process. How fab is that!"

WW is a great diet with loads to eat of your chosing. It isn't a prison sentence.

There are many other diets that are also good, but your success will come with your attitude to them.

May I suggest that you write down the reasons you want to do WW. What you like about it. Then your reasons for wanting to lose the weight.

Think positively. Channel your energies into what this diet can do for you.

Very good post Karion. I agree with that completely.

As Marie has pointed out in my diary, I'm really excited about starting CD. Starlight is constantly positive and excited about doing WW and really loves and believes in it.

I think to be able to be successful in a diet you not only need to want it, you also need to enjoy it and not see it as a chore! As soon as you're excited about a diet your over half way to achieveing it!

Hi Starlight
It has not taken you a year yet youve lost 4 stone or just a bit over in 4 months so whats stopping me losing 4 stones in 4 months like you did . Yes I am going to make my mind up once and for all . Well I think we all try different diets its not just me. Yes I do want to be a healthy weight for once and for all but it does not happen over night .

Bethny Rule no1 : never try comparing your self with others. It is not a race nor is it a competition. we are each of us doing the best we can in our own chosen plan. we enjoy the success of others & use it to reinforce our own determination. Please don't use the successof others as either a stick to beat yourself with or a tool of envy.

Starlight
They say the average of weight to lose is 2lbs a week and if you are losing more than ww say that is not the way to do it as goes back on quickly.

According to our Learned Leader (MINI) there is no evidence to support the suggestion that quicker weight loss is associated with quicker weight gain.

Maybe I shouldnt butt in to this (or maybe i should) but just wanted to put my tuppenth worth in coz I felt myself getting more and more annoyed as I caught up with this thread. Bethany I cant really add anything more positive to what everyone else has written. At the end of the day (god I hate that old line) you have to WANT to loose weight and the ONLY way to do it is eat less and move more, no secrets, no clubs, no magic potion, no conspiracy by the diet to stop you loosing weight. Also to put someone;s success down is a very poor show indeed.

I have read you diary and endless threads and I must admit im amazed how foxed by the whole thing you seem to be, it isnt rocket science, you count points by calculating calories and sat fat, WW even give you a thingy to do this with , then you plan what you will eat and then eat it up to the amount of points you have.

Im aware that I might sound a tad bitchy, but it really is ment in the spirit of weight loss buddyness, and I really hope that you find some peace with yourself and can sort out the issues and barriers that you clearly have to loosing weight. It isnt easy and we all have our ups and downs, and having support like from forums such as this is invaluable. Even if like me you just lurk once and a while, LOL. good luck and please take care. :) xxxx

Nicely put.I hope Bethany you do manage to get back on track.

Hi Bethany,

I have not joined in yet to any of the discussions, but feel I have to give my friend support. Starlight just happens to be one of my closest and dearest friends and I can back her weight loss 100%. You can visibly see a huge difference in her.
I was supposed to start the WW diet last Monday and did not stick to it, so hey, guess what. I did not lose a single pound. In fact I put a pound on. It is really not rocket science. Calories in have to be less than calories burnt off, or you are not going to lose it.
Speaking as a serial dieter and believe me I have tried every diet going. Even sent off for the Atkins diet off the shopping channel, unless you eat less and exercise more it aint gonna happen.
Sticking to WW is the only way to get it off. I have done really well before on WW when I was 100% committed to it as Starlight is. She is doing remarkbly well. Her and I have been on many diet journeys together over the years and this is the first time I have seen her so committed to it. I am very proud of her and can't sit back and let someone take it away from her. :( Sorry, but I am very protective of my friends.
I really do hope you find one that suits you Bethany. I am just about to start again. So why don't you try again and see how you get on.
Ok, rant over. I am going to do my shopping this weekend to seriously start.
I am a bridesmaid next August, (the oldest bridesmaid in town) and we are starting to look for dresses in September. I want to lose four and half stones, but I know this is going to take me a fair bit of time. I am going away in November for a weekend with some girlfriends who are all skinny minnies and I really need to get some off by then, otherwise I will not enjoy my weekend.
Everyone on here is doing so well and I really need support. I just cannot do it on my own. I am a choc and carb junkie. Love my scones and biccies.
Hopefully this time I can get it off once and for all. Starlight is my inspiration. I wish could steal some of her commitment.
Keep up the good work ladies. :)
Debs

Hi Debs
I agree with you that starlight has done really well ok No ill feeling for a rant . Ive got nbetween 6 and 7 stone to lose and im wondering what I can get of by end of october . Im also a biscuit lover and I like scones and anything sweet . Yes starlight is inspiration to us all wish I could get some of her tips especially what she has for her meals as this is where I get stuck especially lunch and tea time .I would like to be in a size 14 to 16 but got a long way to go dont thin I will be in a size 16 by end of october would be nice .Ill have to start and do some exercise to slim tone down as I lose weight
Good Luck Debs

Hi Bethany,
Ok, you may not lose all the weight you want to lose, but if you really stick to it now you could lose a fair amount by October. There is a full four months till then, so think 2lbs per week. That's a good 32lbs by then. And even if it is not quite 32lbs, then it is still a big loss and think how you will feel having lost a couple of stones by then.
I am sick and tired of feeling miserable and I think what did it for me was a very recent weekend my husband and I had to New York. I kept catching myself in the shop windows and I swear I looked like a duck. I have put on all my weight since I got married four years ago. I have two children. One of which was born before we were married, so I don't have the two kids excuse. I promised myself I would never be a frumpy mum, but hey, I am and something really needs to be done.
C'mon Bethany, you and I are going to beat this together. I am the worst dieter in the world. Just ask Starlight how much I like my food. She has witnessed me putting away stuff that could feed a family of four. :eek: Chin up. It's the start of a new month.
I really should take my own advice shouldn't I. :psiholog:
Good luck.

Hi Debs
If I can lose 3 stone I would be happy yes Im same as you of sick of feeling fat and self consious of myself same as yesterday went shopping to get some new clothes and could not get any nice ones there was loads of nice ones if you was a size 14 16 and 12 and smaller but the bigger sizes was all dark dull colours I came away really down and upset and said if this is being fat had enough of it. When I walk passed a shop window I always look in and what a site like a waddling duck. Looks like me and you have the same ideas Ive been on and off diets all the time . I want to get this weight off once and for all and be at a healthy weight and my health is suffering now got blood pressure did not have that before I came really over weight are you going to a ww meeting. Its nice we can take advice together .
Good Luck to you too

Hiya,
No I am not going to a meeting. I have all the stuff from last time, so I am just going to do it on my own.
What I have done is sit down with the books and written out meal planners for each day of the week. I then wrote down my shopping list for the week which I am going to do tonight online.
The key is writing it all down. That's why I always had good weight losses before. The times I did not do so well were when I did not write things down. You stick to your points if you write it down.
Go and get a piece of paper and write down your weeks worth of meals, counting your points of course and then follow that for the week.
We can compare at the end of the week. :)

That's what's wrong. If you are not eating your full point amount then it won't work. I am on 22 points a day, I think. You have to eat all your points. I can't believe you don't eat all your points. You must be starving. I can so easily eat my points, and if I have any left at the end of the day, its a result and I have a nice treat for my supper.

Hi
The trouble is that when I lost weight before just by cutting down on my own I did not eat much then I thought the idea to lose weight was to not hardly eat as I thought if you eat you will put weight on as starlight says you eat all your points and you will lose weight thats how she is losing her weight.What do you have for bfast and lunch and how many points in each meal

Yes starlight is inspiration to us all wish I could get some of her tips especially what she has for her meals as this is where I get stuck especially lunch and tea time

Why don't you have a good read through Bethany's diary thread. Loads of tips there from Starlight:)

It wouldn't really work if you used Starlights meal plan as she is on a different number of points I think. You'd have even more left over.

I know WW do some ready meals with points already counted. You could always get a points calculator to work out your own. Perhaps if you are trying this alone, you might consider joining a group as they have LL leaders who will help you decide what to have if you don't know what to eat.

How did the plans that you made up go?

Back